Sally Hansen Dry & Go Protein Top Coat

4.8

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I found this top coat for £2.99 and free shipping!! It was an absolute bargain!
This too coat is really good considering the better top coats are 1.5 to double the price.

It comes in a rectangular bottle which makes it easy to hold in between your fingers whilst painting nails. Also it looks like a perfume bottle, which is a nice feature.

The top coat comes with the same instructions as Sally Hansen's Insta-dri top coat (wait 2 mins to apply, will be surface dry in 30secs) and it really is surface dry in that time.
It takes a further half an hour to dry properly and after that time I would avoid denting it for a while. So it drirs fast enough for me

The application was alright, the brush is on the thinner side so full coverage can be a bit tricky but it's not bad. Also the formula is on the thinner side but I have noticed after three uses it appears to be thickening.
The top coat is too thin to self level and requires 2 coats if you need it to level out your nail polish if that wasn't even. The next day however everything seems to completely even out.

The packaging whilst pretty, is not fully functional. The brush doesn't go down to the very bottom so there will be some wastage unless you drip it directly on the nails.

5 days after application I noticed two mild cracks on my middle finger but they weren't completely noticeable
I cannot comment on it's lasting power as I tried out CND Stickey Base at the same time so it could have been that which made it last. I got to day 5 with no issue other than minor, barely there tip wear

So far I like this top coat

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm surprised this product doesn't have more reviews! I didn't have high hopes because all the "drying" topcoats I've used before usually make my nail polish shrink or turn the surface to a weird gooey texture, but this worked miracles.

I'd already applied 2 layers of strengthening base coat, 2 coats of polish and a strengthening topcoat (my nails have been splintering very easily recently due to some bad biogel nails so I've been beefing up on strengthening products), so I was worried the topcoat wouldn't dry very quickly, but I was totally wrong! I simply applied 2 drops using the neat stopper included with the bottle, and the polish dried within 60 secs.

Now my nails are super smooth and shiny, and I can't stop touching them! Definitely will re-purchase :D

i cannot believe this stuff has only 3 reviews so far!

i used insta-dri before this and just wanted to try something new. and this is totally my new HG topcoat!!!!

-dries superfast
-applies well (thinner brush than insta-dri but not too thin, works really good for me)
-nice shine
-my manicure stays on pretty long with this

and the best about this is..

NO SHRINKAGE!

a year ago i tried seche vite and i hated it, it was thick and made my nailcolours shrink, that was so ugly.
then i used the insta-dri for a very long time, because it only has tiny bit shrinkage and dried superfast.

but now i am in manicure-heaven lol. this stuff is so far the best topcoat i tried. and i will definitly buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Wow, this stuff works incredibly well. My polish was dry in less than a minute and it didn't smudge even a little bit. Awesome stuff.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

WOW! You must try this if you are considering it! I've used "instant drying" top coats before only to have my nail polish job turned into putty. You know, you paint your nails, wait the few minutes, put the supposed "drying" polish on top and the first thing you touch leaves an impression on the polish....NOT THIS STUFF, honey! It actually does what it says...I"m so in love! This stuff has saved my nail polishing life!!!

This is an incredible product from SH! This topcoat dries instantly (you can literally touch your nails 30 seconds after application and they are dry). I've used this and gone to bed 30 minutes later without those tell-all "sheet marks" in the morning! I am pretty sure this product replaces the SH Insta Dry which came in a red bottle (it worked just as well but seemed to do a number on my nails--they began to peel off in layers). This product comes in a square, clear bottle. I highly recommend.