July 23, 2014 | 1296 users online

Styling Products - Dove - Dove Extra Hold Hair Spray

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by SassyShari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Dove Damage Therapy Hairspray, Extra Hold, 2 oz.

I use this hair spray only to scrunch my straight hair. I've tried many products, trust me, and this product was one of the best I found to scrunch my hair. I use the travel-size spray (not aerosol) which I found on a whim and have not been able to find the large/practical size in any of my stores. I use about one- 2 fl. oz bottles for every two days of scrunching. It sounds like a lot, but it scrunches my hair (with other products) and definitely creates nice curls and hold in my hair. I recommend this product for anyone that is trying to obtain the beachy waves/polished (not greasy) scrunched look. If you want to know what other products I use with this hair spray for beachy waves/scrunchy curls then feel free to private message me! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

No effect at all - like spraying air. Completely useless.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by wishclover

The Effects:
I have very loose waves in my hair and straighten my short/medium hairstyle on a daily basis. I use this hairspray to tame my frizz and fly-aways. If you're looking for something strong to hold your hair in place all day, this product will not do that at all. It keeps my hair in place for a while and smells good, but that's about all it does.

The Feeling:
I don't use too much or else my hair gets crunchy. Very undesirable for a hair spray, and many present day sprays offer a full hold without a touch of harshness added to your hair.

The Scent:
I really hate the way this smells. Be forewarned that if you are sensitive to strong smells, you'll want to avoid this. I think it smells like chemical baby powder. Awful!

The Packaging:
I have once had the problem frequently mentioned about the packaging -- it gets sticky and clogs up.

The Bottom Line:
I'll probably use the rest of this and go for a light, natural feeling hair spray for my fly-aways next time. There are too many negatives in this product to keep me from repurchasing!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by FunkPunky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This really isn't the worst hairspray that I ever used, but it isn't great. Extra hold? ha, in their dreams. I am talking light as a feather hold, but if you spray too much, it's crunchy. Touch your hair once and the hold is gone. So glad this was free with the purchase of my Dove shampoo. I would have been mad if I actually paid more than a buck or two on it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 7:28:00 AM More reviews by hamsley72

It has little to no hold. I have a natural wave to my hair I bought this to add a little extra curl. I curled my hair and off to work I went. In about an hour it was flat and the curl was falling out. that's what happens to my hair if I don't use a extra hold hair spray. this fell flat in my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay so this really doesn't qualify as extra hold, but its non drying, and provides LIGHT hold that still allows for movement. Good cheap hair spray for relaxed hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2009 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Rae492

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked this when I first bought it but after a while it didn't seem to faze my hair. It has a great smell like most Dove products do, but it held my hair for a little while then it would deflate. It didn't hold my straight hair that well. And I didn't want to douse my hair in the stuff because I don't want it crunchy and sticky. Also the nozzle thing kept getting glazed over so I would waste product by trying to spritz it out. It's a pain to clean it off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by susu42

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Now that its getting hot you need something that will keep your hair with all the humidity and this doesnt really do a good job of that, one good thing is that its not sticky.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by boourns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I couldn't hate this more. I, too, have the clogged-nozzle problem with this stuff, which is a pain in the bum and has led to me inadvertently spraying myself in the face on more than one occasion. Packaging aside, the product is just no great shakes. It makes my hair frizz up. Dunno why. I wouldn't recommend this if you paid me to.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It doesn't really hold my hair that well....and certainly not extra well. And if you apply too much it leaves your hair dreadfully crunchy. It smells nice and all but it doesn't really do its job - then again it was about 4 dollars so I guess I shouldn't have been expecting too much.