December 22, 2014 | 1740 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Freeze Hold Freeze And Control Hair Spray

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by meredithann0714

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually use this spray as a makeup setting spray. I know, there's lots of people out there who are going to go on about how bad this is for your skin..but honestly, I have really oily skin, live in a humid climate, and in the summer, any foundation I wear is going to look "worn down" by 3:00 p.m. (it goes on before 7:00 a.m.). The reason I like this: sprays super fine, nozzle doesn't clog and no skin clogging or breakouts! Just make sure you wash your makeup off at night :) For the record, I've tried HE makeup setting sprays, and while they're ok, this works just as well, if not better, actually. I still have to blot at lunch, and touch up the oily spots with powder, but at 5:00 p.m. my makeup still looks pretty good - I can definitely tell a difference if I don't use it. Just a quick spray, once over - that's it. And it's no more flammable once it dries on your face than it is when it dries in your hair. As a hairspray, this is okay, but I really prefer non-aerosol products for that use.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by cherisecheeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with some of the others here who have said this product is garbage. I have fine thin hair, curled it, and sprayed this all over. I tried it with a ton of product, and I tried it with only a light spray, and seriously, it makes the curls fall flat. This actually is worse than if I dont use hairspray!! And especially in the summer weather, this was terrible. Probably the worst hairspray I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by josie13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this when I wear my hair up in an upsweep. It does a great job and makes my short and fairly heavy hair stand up and it lasts quite a while. It brushes off easily. I also like the fact that the UK version has no "cones" or parabens. I've taken a lippy off because I find the smell overpowering.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Ceciliaaaa

This product really literally freezes your hair. But after a few hours its effect starts to wear down... probably because my hair is really thin or something idk but it went really flat after I teased it with the hairspray. Its good to keep some hair in place like your bangs though. You just need to spray a little or your hair will look rigid. However, I have to say that the smell may be too strong for some.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I usually hate hairspray since I hate the way it leaves my hair - hard, super stiff and not brush-able. This however, didn't leave my hair hard, was still easy to brush through and was able to hold my curled/teased hair for the majority of the day. There are times when it doesn't work as well for me but I'm not too disappointed with that. Smells just like a regular hair-spray. I get the small can since I go through it slowly because I don't like using hairspray too often (75g) and it costs around $3.50 NZD. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by musicbox93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product, I got it at target for 3.39 for 11 ounces which is pretty amazing for a hair spray. I usually steer clear of "extra hold" hair sprays because they tend to make my hair "crunchy" and hard but I got this in the number 3 level which is just an ultra fine mist but still holds style. I especially love this when I use velcro rollers, I spritz a teeny bit as I go along and it holds the body and curls very well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried a LOT of hairsprays over the past year or two, and this one wins by far... for WORST AEROSOL HAIRSPRAY EVER! If I could most closely compare it to another spray... I'd have to say the closest is probably Pam. Yes, the cooking spray. I've never sprayed Pam in my hair, but I imagine they feel about the same. Greasy, greasy, greasy, never dries, and absolutely no hold whatsoever. I've seen girls with really oily-looking backcombed hair and I always just assumed that they just didn't wash their hair regularly, but now I know it's just because they must use this spray. This spray has been TRASHED! And now I also have to thoroughly soak my hairbrush because it picked up the oil from the spray.
Also, the worst non-aerosol spray I ever tried (by far, no question) was TRESemme's Super Hold pump spray. It was also incredibly greasy, so I don't know why I thought this would be any better. TRESemme's retail line hairsprays are probably the worst ones out there.
Edit 10/16/2010: My mom tried this spray and hates it too. She said, and I quote, "It's garbage." Couldn't have said it better!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by devabrooks

Lately I've been on a search for a really good hairspray, so i strayed away from Tresemme's line of products. I went through can after can of different types, both expensive and drugstore brands. The biggest beef i had with all the others was that the nozzle clogged, they had too little hold, they were sticky and left buildup, or they just didn't work. After spending about 30 minutes on the hair care isle the other day, I just gave in and bought Tresemme except in the newer 5 freeze hold. Now i don't know why i strayed because this gets the job done!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by GUMBYY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

gives great hold hair stays put and smells good

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by mizznk

This stuff literally freezes ur hair in place, I have really flat hair so i love to grab the top layers of my hair and let them fall while spraying this and it holds! also helps lock my curls which is hard for me because i have stick straight hair as well. the smell is okay, i dont really like it, but i can live with it. Also, a little goes a long way with this or else your hair will get crispy and it can flake off. Its all about technique for this one IMO