October 25, 2014 | 1922 users online

Lip Gloss - Make Up For Ever - Super Lip Gloss

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why Sephora doesn't seem to be carying those anymore but they are the best lip glosses from make up for ever. The lab shine lip glosses are nice, but those baby hold like a rock. The tubes contain also 3 times more product than the lab shine. They are also quite pigmented and waterproof. This is more a product for a night out, I wouldn't put something so sticky during the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought #24 Purple which is one of the 2 darkest colors (the other is brown) of this sheer transparent glassy gloss collection. I am on the hunt for the perfect sheer flattering purple/plum lip color. This color doesn't exactly make it but it does very nicely, actually. The $17 pricetag hurts, so if & when I buy this again I'll be searching for a bargain elsewhere (eBay) if possible. The smell is horrendous, personally, but it won't stop me from wearing this gloss - heck, I would buy it again, & the unpleasant smell dissipates after a short while.

The mini squeeze tube packaging is cute & efficient but I agree w/another reviewer I would prefer a slanted tip instead of the round tip. And I don't like squeeze tubes as it gets harder & harder to squeeze out the product when the remaining amount starts getting low. Boo on that. I don't have time to be paying attention to squeezing out lip product; I just want to be able to swipe it on & go.

But I live for sticky gloss & this one is intense. What a winner! I thought nothing could be stickier & longer lasting than Physicians Formula Plump Potion (drugstore), but I do believe MUFE blows away the sticky factor on all glosses (I still love & use PF however).

The purple tint looks strong in the tube but is very sheer & transparent & glossy, exactly what I wanted in a deep shade but I wish it would show up a little more - the color *barely* shows up on my pale lips at all & I already get that result from Smashbox Masquerade O-Gloss Noir (only it's a slippery gloss, not sticky, so it wears away fast). To get richer color I have to apply a more generous amount of gloss; well at least it's buildable.

The silicone content in this gloss is dumbfounding.. is this what makes the gloss so sticky? Got no idea. Ppl who don't like stickiness in their lip products won't like this gloss. I'm someone who doesn't like an oily slipperiness that fades away from the lips quickly. The staying power of this gloss is really intense, which makes its moisturizing ability fabulous.

I didn't care for any of the other colors of the testers, they're too pale for me & would much rather prefer the Clear out of all of them except for the Purple. But it's nice to see a wide color variety to suit everybody's tastes. There are 17 options in this line. For a possibly darker liptone maybe I will try the Chocolate next time (browns don't usually look good on me, but you never know until you try).

This is going to be a great moisturizing product to protect from chapped lips this winter. I just have to keep my hair away from my face so it won't stick to my glossed lips. :-)

UPDT 12/14/10 -
I just bought Clear #0 and I love it too. While it's still shiny & very sticky (longwearing & moist) I do find it to also be less thick than the colored version & less glassy. Looks very natural, like licked lips, rather than like makeup-y lipgloss. Well that was surprising.. but I still like it. Has that same ugly odor I dislike, but I willingly ignore it & press on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by mariannaoust

This is my HG lip gloss! I love this stuff. My 3 main categories for gloss is that the color look good on me, that it have long lasting wear, and that it does not dry out my lips. And this gloss delivers in every way.
The color selection is great, I'm sure everyone can find a shade for them. My personal fave is 14 - very nice natural pink.
The wear of this gloss is amazing! It does last through drinking and eating, which I have never experienced before. Of course the lasting power comes from the fact that it's very sticky. If you don't like sticky gloss this is not the product for you, but I love them.
Finally, this does not dry my lips at all, unlike all of the long wearing lipsticks which are very drying.
Overall awesome lip gloss - thanks MUFE!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by cparitee

Ok, I have tried at least 6 different lipglosses in the past week. I know I am a serious make up junkie, and an even bigger lip gloss junkie. I have been on an all out manhunt for the longest lasting lipgloss out there, no matter the cost. I think I have finally found my HG LG. First let me tell you that I have had it on for 6 hours straight now, and had 2 meals. It is just now beginning to wear off a bit. I have tried :
1. BE Buxom- longlasting 6-8 hrs but burns like hell
2. Smashbox- longlasting approx 4 hrs w/ meals
3. Clinique- longlasting approx 4-6 hrs w/out meals
4. MAC Clear Lipglass- approx 2 hrs w/out meals

Now do you see how desperate I have been for the perfect longlasting, shiny, mealproof gloss.

CONGRATS MUFE YOU ARE THE WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

Decent lipgloss for a reasonable price. I have this in 21 and 22 and they are perfect for imparting a very natural-looking shine. They are quite sticky and they have a plastic taste; I also wish the tip was slanted instead of round. Otherwise they are a fantastic bargain. They do just as good a job as glosses twice the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 1:58:00 AM More reviews by makeupismagic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have every color in this HG gloss. The first time I ever used it I knew I was hooked. Beautiful colors, some sheer, some opaque. The lasting power cannot be beat by any other gloss, yes, it's sticky, that is why it lasts for hours without touchups. I love the fact it's only semi glossy, so versatile for day wear. I will always repurchase my HG gloss !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 5:47:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

These are very sticky, but very glossy which i love. I def agree to use a balm under so the sticky weird feel is left out. They come in such a cute little tube with so much product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by tiddleywinks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow! Wow! Wow! I think I just found my HG gloss. I have been searching for a long-lasting gloss, and this is perfect. It has a unique texture and scent, both of which I love, and I am getting around 3-4 hours of wear per application. It is thick-ish to apply, but settles a bit and does not feel sticky to me (although please note that I don't mind sticky). I would compare the texture to NARS and Chanel Glossimers. Glossimers have been my favorite, but they just got knocked out off the shelf by MU4E. Great color range, too, nicely pigmented but sheer. I got Raspberry, Pink, Strawberry and Red. Head over heels, gals, head over heels!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Faster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in a sale for 2 EUROS!! i got #8 - the bright red colour. Its not tacky or sticky * not very glossy either - more of a lip stain. It was not drying on my lips either & smells lovely. The bright red looks great with my pale skin & dark hair.

A nice product - but i think it retails normally at about 11euros - which is too $$ for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2007 2:10:00 PM More reviews by mariaelena40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have 2, Beige 1 and True Red 23, I love them both! Amazing staying power and you can layer the color to deepen. The best part is that it isn't goopy and is waterproof without drying my lips! LOVE IT. I use the True Red 23 all the time, when I want some color with out going over the top on my hardly no makeup days, I just dab some on and it gives great color and staying powder with out being too shiny and over the top.