July 28, 2014 | 2081 users online

Lip Gloss - The Body Shop - born lippy - strawberry

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by IHeartMakeup267

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the way it smells, and it gives my lips a very nice glossy look, but it doesn't moisturize them much. I just use it as a natural looking gloss on the days when am not wearing make up!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by faykath123

OK i am going to type about this lip balm. I'm going to start with the packaging. The packaging comes in a small clear plastic pot with a fair amount of lip balm in it. Lots of people say its unhygienic but i have no problem with applying the lip balm with my finger. Most of the times my hands are clean anyway so... yeah! I HATE sticks. I never seem to finish sticks so the pot lip balms are the ones i seem to finish. I have had this lip balm in a different flavor which is orange but now they call it satsuma shimmer.The pots adorable! I always carry the lip balm in my bag/purse. Moisture isn't so great. Its OK if you have normal lips that are not extra dry otherwise this product isn't great for really really dry lips. Its not as great as Vaseline. Now the smell. The scent is a little bit natural and a little bit artificial, together the scent is so nice! The scent is quite strong if you smell it directly from the pot but when you put it on your lips it smells light and floral. The price is 4.27 pounds. which is quite expensive for a small lip balm.The colour in the pot is very reddish/pinkish but when you apply it its quite sheer and makes you lips look naturally healthy. Though its quite glossy. I would buy this product again but in a different flavor because i dont like sticking to one scent. Hope that helped! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Obsessedwithcosmetics

I am loving this juicy real fruit smell. it smells so natural, like real strawberry. it is very hydrating and gives a natural ligjt red tint and a nice shine. I definitely want all of them now. Then again, I am lip-balm-obsessed. And of course it doesn't last long, it's lip balm! I just can't stop reapplying it because I love the texture, taste and smell. My lips drink it in.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love the smell and the pink tinted colour! really smooth feeling on lips but not Long lasting.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by HoneymoonAvenue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only thing i like about this is the smell! This stuff is not cheap and doesn't last!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The Body Shop's Born Lippy is a "lip moisturizer in a pot. Gives color, flavor, and moisture for more kissable lips." This potted lip balm is available in 4 colors/flavors; today I'm reviewing Strawberry. Born Lippy balms contain 8.5g (10 ml, .29 oz) and sell for $6 ($8AUD). This is one of my first The Body Shop products, which I picked up from The Body Shop in Parramatta, which I definitely recommend if you live in Western Sydney, their staff is awesome - friendly, knowledgeable and helpful! The Body Shop is a cruelty free company, but their parent company, L'Oreal is not. This lip balm was made in the UK. The Body Shop products can be bough through their website and stores, a limited selection is also available at Ulta.
Born Lippy comes in a small, clear plastic pot with a twist off cap. A label featuring parted lips, The Body Shop logo, and the product and shade names is affixed to the cap. A peel up label offering an ingredient list can be found on the bottom of the pot. Packaging is recyclable. I'm not really a fan of potted lip products, so this is strictly an at-home product for me. Despite my distaste for this style of packaging, I have to say its pretty cute.
Born Lippy is more of a gloss than a lip balm. This lip product is a dense but lightweight gel that feels slightly sticky but smooth and moist on the lips, but not hydrating in the way a true balm should be. I get pretty short wear from The Body Shop's Born Lippy - an hour to an hour and a half. Born Lippy is transfer prone, but also seems to sink into the lips a little. The Strawberry Born Lippy has a strong, realistic strawberry fragrance and a light, semi artificial flavor.
Strawberry is a very sheer shade, it gives a delicate reddish pink flush to the lips. Color payoff can be built up by applying Strawberry in a thick layer or in several thin layers. Strawberry is devoid of shimmer or glitter. This shade has a translucent, glossy finish.
The Body Shop's Strawberry Born Lippy Balm is ok. This review would've been slightly more positive if The Body Shop classified this product as a gloss as opposed to a balm. If you call a product a lip gloss, I'll probably like it, it isn't hard to please me in that department. On the other hand, I have kinda high expectations for a balm. This gloss is light, comfortable, and slightly moisturizing. Color payoff is purposely sheer, but kind of buildable. Strawberry provides a barely there red glossy tint with a pleasant strawberry taste and smell. I wouldn't repurchase this potted glossy, I'd rather try a Born Lippy Stick next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by sweetascandy352

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the born lippy strawberry lip gloss from the body shop. I bought it during the holiday season sale for $4 so it wasnt too unreasonable of a price. There's enough of the product that it'll last you a good 3-4 months with an application of twice a day. It adds a beautiful, natural red/pink tint to your lips. Not to colour popping but not too subtle, a perfect combination in between. The smell is amazingly sweet and the aroma wont fade over time like other fragrented lip products do. I usually apply a thin layer over lipstick just to give it a little shine. It does hydrate your lips for a decent amount time of 2-3 hours, not as good as it gets but easily defeats your average chapstick lip balm. Great for school or in your purse.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Pay17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the smell of this and how it feels on my lips. I do enjoy this lip gloss

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by bekahh101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm! Firstly, the smell is beautiful, honestly I sometimes just sit down and smell it because it's that nice haha. It has a little bit of a strawberry taste, its not very strong but if you lickyour lips a little bit you can taste it. It goes on nice and smoothly, and when applied gives my lips a really nice reddish tint. It doesn't provide really strong colour or anything, just a slight red tint with a little bit of shine. It's very natural looking, and works really well on its own on those no or minimal makeup days. It also works really well as a base for lip gloss or lip balm.

However, it's not quite perfect. I find that it doesn't last all that long, after about three hours the tint has gone and I can't really feel it on my lips. They don't feel dry though, they still feel soft but just don't have that wet feel you get straight after application. It's also not intensely moisturising, which isn't usually a huge issue for me as my lips are usually in good condition, but if they are a bit dry or chapped, I find that this isn't the best product to heal them with. If my lips are already dry or chapped this can sometimes make them feel even drier, however if my lips are in good condition it's lovely and will maintain their good condition perfectly.

The price isn't too bad, it's $7.95AUD, and while it could certainly be lower it is actually those products where a little goes a long way and one tub, although it's small, does last me a few months, even though I use it very often. The packaging could be more hygienic, as it's a finger-dipping tub however I feel it wouldn't be quite as effective in a more solid stick form so I like the tub packaging. Just make sure your hands are clean when you use it and keep the lid on tightly when you aren't using it and you should be fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this lip balm for school (there was a no make up rule, but this was quite natural looking). High school seems like a long time ago but I found this pot a few weeks ago and it's practically empty so I must have really liked it.

The formula is quite thick but it doesn't feel cloggy on lips. I think I actually applied it over Vaseline just to lock in some extra moisture.

The smell is really strong but that didn't put me off. I really like the strawberry smell :)

I would buy it again since I really liked it, it's not expensive and to be honest, Body Shop hardly eve fails to impress anyway! I have this lip balm in Raspberry and the (discontinued) Cranberry Shimmer one, with gold bits in.