Lotta Luv Brand Lip Products

3.3

I've bought many Lotta Luv lip balms over the years, and I still buy them hoping they'll be good. Unfortunately, I don't like them much. They did change the formula for them, so they do apply smoother, but they just seem cheesy to me. I do remember liking the scent of the grape and cherry Jolly Ranchers lip balms.

A few months ago, I bought a couple packs of their mega lip balms in many different flavors. I didn't really care for them, so I put them away. I eventually applied a few of them a couple times, but I didn't even touch the Reese's and Hershey lip balms until this evening. Come to find out, both the Reese's AND Hershey's lip balms were tinted! They both have a sort of vampy purple-ish red tint that looks very pretty. Plus they smell really good, so I recommend the Reese's or Hershey's Lotta Luv lip balms if you want a cheap tinted lip balm. I'm not sure if the original sized ones are tinted, but the mega sized are.

on 12/27/2013 6:56:00 PM

I got their lip balm in chocolate milkshake,and its amazing it smells like a milkshake and it tastes SO GOOD plus the packaging is so cute. it leaves your lips soft n smooth I will totally repurchase this

on 1/17/2008 6:01:00 AM

very cute "ala replica" packaging! wide variety of flavors even those you won't expect for a lip product like their liquor flavored lip balms! Gosh! Most of all... it has obviously sweet taste! and it's moisturizing too! wow!
========================EDIT========================
When i bought the choco flavored lip balms: hershey's, reese's, and tootsie roll, i got so disappointed with it!

They have no shine and moisture at all no matter how much i apply on my lips!!! I even tried to put it on near my wrist but it was really dry!

I want to think that i just got the "bad batch" but then, i'm sure i got the new ones! they were all in a good packaging in cardboard pack!

Oh well, the only consolation is that, at least they still have the chocolatey taste!

on 11/30/2007 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I remember when I first bought a Lotta Luv lipbalm at the mall and it was Nestle Chocolate scented or something like that. And I absolutely hated it because it smelled like fake chocolate and I thought it was gross since it was very hard and didn't work. But a few weeks ago, I saw some of the Lotta Luv lipbalms again at a dollar store. So I thought "oh well, it's only $1". They also had a greater selection and more variety. I chose the Chocolate Chip Ice Cream one. I'm veyr surprised because I ended up loving this one! The scent has sort of faded, but I can still smell a little lingering sweetness. It's also very moisturizing and feels soft and smooth on my lips. My lips can get very dry sometimes and I almost always wear a sheer lipstick. But now, I just wear this lipbalm and my lips are fine. It gives me a light shine and flavor too. Will buy again.

For me, my experience with Lotta Luv products hasn't been very consistent. A lot of the "name brand" lip balms that are based on popular food products (Hershey's, Jelly Belly, Peeps, Cinnabon, popular sodas and whatnot) have a very waxy and hard texture and aren't very moisturizing at all.

The packaging is very cute and it can be hard to resist buying a lip balm of your favorite foods. For example, I bought a Strawberry Nesquik lip balm not too long ago, and it smelled really good, but the balm itself was so hard that it wasn't pleasant to use. I have bought other Lotta Luv balms/glosses that have been better, though, smoother texture and easier to apply. So you never really know what you're going to get.

EDITED @ 11/10/07: Okay, I still buy these silly lip balms all the time. If I see them in a store, I can't help but buy one. I think they must have recently changed the formula of their newest lip balms because they aren't as hard and waxy as my previous Lotta Luv balms were. My rating has gone up from a 2/5 to a 4/5. I love these because they're fun to have and most of them smell/taste really good, but they truth is, they don't moisturize as well as your standard Chapstick does.

on 12/28/2006 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have bought so many LG's and lip balms in this brand recently, it's not even funny! In the past, I have had trouble with these being too dry and hard. They tasted very sweet and yummy, but they dried my lips out so badly. however, after trying the Dairy Queen flavored ones again, they must've work on the formula for these b/c i had the same lip balm last year and it was so dry. This year it was smooth, creamy, long-longest, and surprisingly moisturizing. As I stated, I went out and bought almost off of these, lol... they smell and taste just like the candies they're made after. I really enjoy the new lip gloss in the squeezy tubes! What a great idea! I'd definitely recommend these if you like tasty lip balms/glosses. Dirt cheap too. =]

on 9/22/2006 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Two words - never again. I bought this on a whin at the dollar store, thinking, "Hmm, it's only a dollar." I got this in vanilla latte flavor. THe first time I smelled it, it smelled very vanilla latte-y but the second time I smelled it, it smelled very artificial and it gave me a headache. Compared to Bonne Bell lipsmackers, this lip balm doesn't apply as smoothly and in fact is a bit on the hard side. It moisturizes only a tad, but not as smell as lipsmackers. Next time, I put a couple of quarters more with my dollar so I'd just get a Bonne Bell lipsmacker other than this worthless piece of spacetaker.

on 11/29/2005 10:37:00 PM

I got flavors from this line. They smell and taste delicious, but moisterizing is a whole another story. I got bubble gum in watermelon, grape and regualr, i got hersheys and pina colada. pina colada smelled not AT all like pinapples or coconuts, more like a gross bubble gum. theyre very hard, and difficlt to put on. i dont really like these balms!

I have the lipbalm in cinnabon - it smells really good, strong cinnamon smell and tastes sweet. It doesn't moisturize well though and texture is kind of hard and makes the lips matte!... also seems to almost clump if you put on too much, the quality isnt that good.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Oh, the infamous candy balms. Hehe.

I'll try to give a quick rundown on what I have/had:

Junior Mints - two sided pot...smelled okay, tasted nasty, was hard to put on. Threw that away.

Twinkie - I actually hated this at first but it grew on me. It smells sort of lemony and has a sweet flavor that's not really a Twinkie.

Cinnabon - Probably my favorite out of the Lotta Luv balms I own. Very spicy cinnamon scent, and tingly when you put it on.

Jelly Belly Sour Apple - It smells like sour apple mixed with something else...but I can't put my finger on it. It tastes a little bit like apple though.

Hot Tamales - my second favorite. It smells like the name suggests, and is very tingly when you put it on. Also, it is clear instead of a balm type thing.

Blow Pop pots - these things are SOOOO small...but they taste excellent. I have the Bubble Gum & Cherry, and Bubble Gum & Sour Apple. BG & C kind of has a medicinal cherry smell, while the smell has worn off of my BG & SA.

All in all, I'd say it depends on what you get.

Popular Lip Treatments