December 17, 2014 | 1123 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Rose Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Lopez2214

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My issue is soley with the packaging. I've had the product break or the plastic itself break and not open. I wish it was more protective or easier

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by SallytheCat

I love this so much! The colours are beautiful and it's perfect to wear on its own. Definitely recommend and I'd love to try other colours in this range.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by littlefangfang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pink blush and highlighter in one. I love the shimmer and the versatile pink. It really goes with anything. It's not super pigmented so you don't have to worry about putting too much blush by accident. It gives just the right amount of shimmer and pink for your cheeks. It really is dummy proof. A must have blush/highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by LEP627

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the shimmer bricks. I have practically every color. I'm very fair, so the only colors I don't use are the very light shades (they don't show up well). And they last forever. The one thing I don't use it for is as eye shadow (which they claim you can). I find it very uncomfortable on my eyes, but on my face, it's wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by stephlens

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My friend passed this product to me (as she didn't like it), and I'm so glad she did! I've been using is for ~2 weeks now, and I quite like it. It's a really nice subtle look to my face. It really brought life! My first impression would have been that it might be too pink on my face - but it doesn't appear so (which makes me so happy). My 2nd favourite highlighter that I've used! There is shimmer of course (it is called a shimmer brick after all), but that doesn't bother me too much. An added bonus is that it's so pretty to look at cause the packaging is adorable/simple and the colours are so stunning. :)

The only reason I would not "buy it again" (seeing as it was passed down to me) is solely because the price is expensive - but to be fair it is Bobbi Brown!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by stillhot

Somehow when the weather changes my skin looks.....sallow and truthfully I start to look more my age. My blushes and bronzers, which worked so well in warm months just looked like they were sitting on top of my skin. I had always been curious about BB Shimmerbrick, but the word shimmer turned me off, as I am a woman of a certain age and shimmer isn't my friend anymore. However, I wanted something to make my cheeks look younger and more glowy.
I looked at all of the colors, and dismissed those that I concluded were more of a highlighter, then settled on Rose. I didn't use the SB until after my makeup including blush was done, and then with a very fluffy brush swiped the smallest amount on the apples of my cheeks. What a difference. I looked more alive, younger and certainly healthier, without a trace of the dreaded word shimmer. I completely understand why this has been such a popular product for so many years, I also believe that it is worth every penny to splurge on the original (even though there are so many copies) largely because I don't know if I'll ever need to buy another one there is so much product and one uses so little to such a great effect. I also have tried some of the dupes, and the chunky glitter or too much glow in other products led me to the BB counter. I will definitely try other colors in this range. I love when a product does what it claims to do. This one certainly does.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by thyme2sow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product, I wanted a highlighter to add a little glow just to give me that fresh faced look. I have oily/acne prone skin and was worried that it would make me look shiny or break me out which it doesn't. It gives me that fresh glow not shiny at all. I apply my bronzing powder, blusher and then this highlighter to the top of my cheeks only. I purchased it from QVC when they had it for sale with a free face blender brush, which I use to apply it. You really don't use that much so I imagine it will last me about 2 years. Good investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by TaniaThomas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before I write what I like and what I don't like about this product let me tell you. I LOVE this product period !!! I would say, its a must have for all the girls out there. Definitely one of the products you must own in your makeup bag. It not just gives you an instant glow on your face but its also good for application on your entire face like a compact powder if you want to add a bit shine to your face. I know it might sound weird for some but trust me it works wonders !! It gives you a natural glow. Plus not to forget its also great as a blush and a highlighter. I have used the MAC minirelize skin finish as a highlighter as well but I find it to be a tad too whitish. The best thing about this is that its biddable, so if you want to have a heavy look just rub in a bit more. I use it as an eye shadow to complete the look. I somehow find other highlighters to be a bit too pigmented or either its too yellow.gold or a but too brown for me. I have a weatish complexion so for me this ones great. Not too pink not too brown not too bright not to white :) I love the packaging from Bobby Brown its sleek and fits easily into your handbag to carry around. The only catch is that, its a bit too expensive, but come on its a Bobby Brown and its a product thats gonna last you for almost your entire life (not literally!!) so its definitely value for money. I would definitely purchase it and would recommend this product to all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Beautiful shades, but the application is too dry for dry skin. It highlights fine lines, and a bit too shimmery which doesn't look natural on skin. The packaging is too large, which is not travel friendly, and the application is a bit messy (I always end up with some shimmer left in my makeup bag). The powder cracked eventually and made a big mess, so I had to throw every thing out. Would definitely not purchase this product again. I will stick with cream highlighters or Luminizer, shimmery highlighters just never look natural in the real life.

Update: I bought the TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer and it's so much more natural and beautiful, it has no negative things that I found from the shimmer brick in this product. If you are looking for a good quality highlighter without any harsh chemicals, Mary-Lou Manizer is the one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really great highlighter that doesn't interfere with pink blush color. I usually use gold highlighters, but sometimes they take away from my doll cheeks when I wear light pink blush.

Honestly, this is the same formula as physician's formulas but they don't have a range of colors. I bought this because the rose is a natural color that's not too light or dark. If a cheaper company makes this color, I won't repurchase. But for now it's worth the extra tag to have a good highlighter specifically made to match pink blushes. It's a great eye shadow, too!

Great for cool undertones, and my nw35 skin tone.