December 18, 2014 | 1043 users online

Blush - MAC - Buff

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Wow, I love this blush. Really dummy-proof for a blush newbie like me, and it looks so natural. NC25/30 here.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by ghostlypale

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

MAC has an unrivaled selection of this kind of muted, browned down color, in different degrees of intensity, with different undertones, and different finishes. This type of color is so great for a natural look, and can work as a contour or a blush depending on which you pick. Buff works as both for me, as it is a very soft, fairly light neutral with some peachy pink tones. It reminds me very much of a discontinued favorite, Chanel's Tempting Beige. I need to be careful with the mattes and pro long wear finishes, though, because I can overdo them and get a powdery look, but with the right brush and a dab of a brighter color to amp it up, Buff gives a beautiful look.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by soakley123

How is this blush not one of everyone's favorites?? I don't understand - This blush is PERFECTION. I'm an NC30 - NC35 and this is the most subtle, natural, clean looking blush ever.
If you are darker then NC35 it might not show up as it is very subtle. It's for that natural no - makeup look. It's not a blush you would use if you want a bright, vibrant color. It's the perfect no-makeup, makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by yaya49

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my go to blush, Maybe it's just on my skin tone, but it seems to have a pink/peachy undertone so I wouldn't use this for contour. I usually go for bronzers or Brownish blushes and this it the perfect shade! I also have prism which is almost identical and I still prefer this one. Next time you're at mac check it out, it's a great color that would go with alot of skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Z67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG contour powder after watching a YT video on a beauty guru explain why Harmony isn't the best for some fair skintones. I was happy to buy this and try this out, but after a while, my powder has this weird "film" on it. I'm used to MAC products and their "films" in their products, whatever, but this one didn't seem to go away no matter how many times I buffed my brush in. Weird. Next time, I'll ask one of the MAC SA for some info. Regardless, I'll still buy this, it's still useful!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by eddiecat

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The "Buff" I purchased does not look like the warm brown of these pictures. I would describe it as a taupe. A VERY light, beige-tan with mucho grey!!! I look sickly in this color, (for lack of color). This blush must be for very-very-fair faces. There is no place on my face that I can make this color work. Even on my eye lids it somehow "SUCKED" the color from the rest of my face. While I like some of Mac's other colors, (Gingerly, Mocha, Coppertone and Fever) Buff totally bombed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went into MAC to pick up some items that are being discontinued. I used to wear Margin blush a few years back and thought I would give it a try again. I dislike Margin's frost though so I asked the lady if there was a similar, matte color. She suggested Buff. WOW. It's awesome. It is a light peachy brown with slight gray undertones. It looks so natural and beautiful, like a real flush with no frost. It can be worn with various colors of lipgloss. This is my new favorite. I am NC 25-35...definitely yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Dee987

This blush is harder to describe because it's so different on every skin tone. I'm NC37 and Its my go to blush! It's a pinky/brown color. It looks pretty average in the pan but when you apply it, AMAZING. It looks quite natural on my cheeks without looking plain and boring. Its matte Which is great for everyday. Can wear it with any outfit or makeup looks because it's buildable. Definitely check it out because I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

This is fricking amazing. No one really talks about this, but it's seriously the most perfect blush for me. I'm very yellow/olive-y NC20.

It's a matte brown with a hint of peach and grey in it. There is no red tones in it as far as I can tell, which is good for people who tend to get blotchy or have surface redness in the skin.

It's like a darker and browner version of MAC Tenderling. I use it as a very subtle contour and it just gives a hint of definition without looking like I've actually put on product. It works great with the 129 brush for this. The grey ish tones in it mimics the natural shadow on the face. It's quite similar to Burberry blush in Earthy.

I can see it being a very nice nude/neutral blush with people darker than me, maybe NC30 to NC40/42. The peach in it makes it good as a blush.

Compared to other neutral blushes like Nars Douceur and MAC Blushbaby, this is alot less pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

This is my first-ever Mac blush. It doesn't make me break out or experience any irritation, even when used daily.

Buff is in the permanent line of MAC blush colours, but I got mine in the holiday 2011 Festive Frost Face kit. It is underneath a sliding top layer of four eyeshadows. I find myself still using it as a staple every few days and really liking the way that it looks quite natural, no matter what the season. It is seeming to last forever, but I would buy more if it were to run out.

As it is matte, there is no shimmer/shine, so it just looks like part of one's own skin. I'd say that it is more brown than pink. Because of that, I didn't think that it would look so good. But in comparing it to pink blush, Buff actually looks more natural. I'll be darned.