July 28, 2014 | 2028 users online

Blush - MAC - Buff

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Z67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG contour powder after watching a YT video on a beauty guru explain why Harmony isn't the best for some fair skintones. I was happy to buy this and try this out, but after a while, my powder has this weird "film" on it. I'm used to MAC products and their "films" in their products, whatever, but this one didn't seem to go away no matter how many times I buffed my brush in. Weird. Next time, I'll ask one of the MAC SA for some info. Regardless, I'll still buy this, it's still useful!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by eddiecat

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The "Buff" I purchased does not look like the warm brown of these pictures. I would describe it as a taupe. A VERY light, beige-tan with mucho grey!!! I look sickly in this color, (for lack of color). This blush must be for very-very-fair faces. There is no place on my face that I can make this color work. Even on my eye lids it somehow "SUCKED" the color from the rest of my face. While I like some of Mac's other colors, (Gingerly, Mocha, Coppertone and Fever) Buff totally bombed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went into MAC to pick up some items that are being discontinued. I used to wear Margin blush a few years back and thought I would give it a try again. I dislike Margin's frost though so I asked the lady if there was a similar, matte color. She suggested Buff. WOW. It's awesome. It is a light peachy brown with slight gray undertones. It looks so natural and beautiful, like a real flush with no frost. It can be worn with various colors of lipgloss. This is my new favorite. I am NC 25-35...definitely yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Dee987

This blush is harder to describe because it's so different on every skin tone. I'm NC37 and Its my go to blush! It's a pinky/brown color. It looks pretty average in the pan but when you apply it, AMAZING. It looks quite natural on my cheeks without looking plain and boring. Its matte Which is great for everyday. Can wear it with any outfit or makeup looks because it's buildable. Definitely check it out because I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

This is fricking amazing. No one really talks about this, but it's seriously the most perfect blush for me. I'm very yellow/olive-y NC20.

It's a matte brown with a hint of peach and grey in it. There is no red tones in it as far as I can tell, which is good for people who tend to get blotchy or have surface redness in the skin.

It's like a darker and browner version of MAC Tenderling. I use it as a very subtle contour and it just gives a hint of definition without looking like I've actually put on product. It works great with the 129 brush for this. The grey ish tones in it mimics the natural shadow on the face. It's quite similar to Burberry blush in Earthy.

I can see it being a very nice nude/neutral blush with people darker than me, maybe NC30 to NC40/42. The peach in it makes it good as a blush.

Compared to other neutral blushes like Nars Douceur and MAC Blushbaby, this is alot less pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

This is my first-ever Mac blush. It doesn't make me break out or experience any irritation, even when used daily.

Buff is in the permanent line of MAC blush colours, but I got mine in the holiday 2011 Festive Frost Face kit. It is underneath a sliding top layer of four eyeshadows. I find myself still using it as a staple every few days and really liking the way that it looks quite natural, no matter what the season. It is seeming to last forever, but I would buy more if it were to run out.

As it is matte, there is no shimmer/shine, so it just looks like part of one's own skin. I'd say that it is more brown than pink. Because of that, I didn't think that it would look so good. But in comparing it to pink blush, Buff actually looks more natural. I'll be darned.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an everyday-wear for me in the winter. It's perfect for us "porcelain dolls" that want to shape n' contour the face.

Not heaps of orange, not heaps of pinks, or browns.. perfect for any age, can help beautifully transform the face from cheesecake couture to deadly dame!

If I'm in a hurry, on goes the mascara, the Buff blush to a clean face and out I go!

Buff will always be a staple item to me!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by indoorkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

You know that look you have when you overslept and you woke up, cussed, threw on whatever clean clothes you could find and sprinted to the bus? Yeah, this is that look.

What I mean to say is that this gives me, a really yellow-based NC 40, a really natural flush. It's fairly pigmented and blends out quite well. It makes my friends think I just showed up breathless from the gym (when really, I ended up missing the darn bus and sprinted to the subway instead).

I could easily wear this every day in the winter. HG for me ladies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Angelamakeup

This is my first MAC blush. My makeup artist used this with a combination of MAC's Pink Swoon on me for the wedding.
So after I got back from the honeymoon I had to go buy it. I must say this blush goes on light so its buildable. It looks great in photos so this is my go to blush if I know I'll be photographed.

This is a neutral blush but very flattering with NC30 yellow toned skin. Pair this with a touch of MAC's Pink Swoon and Nars Orgasm for a really flattering look.

Because it is pricer than drugstore I don't use it on an every day basis. I would definitely buy this again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by neelu12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally brought this blush as a contour colour which it is great for, as I am indian origin, and it doesnt look dirty on me. But I do love it as a blush too. Im not really a fan of blushes and tend to stick to bronzers and contours. But when Im in the mood to wear blush, I always find myself opting for this one. Its like a brown peachy colour, which looks lovely on me. But maybe for lighter skin tones, it may look abit dirty on the face.