MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave

4.1

on 8/22/2015 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Brave is a satin lipstick from MAC, which means that the formula is opaque, long lasting and semi-matte. The colour is a pinky-mauve which looks very natural on my pigmented lips. I would call this an enhanced version of my lip colour - too mauve to be a true 'my-lips-but-better' shade. It is an excellent colour to wear day to day, but can also be dressed up with a smokey eye for a night out. This colour will still draw attention to your lips and will garner you many compliments! It applies easily, one coat is enough for opacity, and the formula lasts for a long time and does not dry out the lips. This colour is very similar to MAC's Faux, but Brave is slightly warmer. You definitely do not need both however. I prefer Brave as it is more pink than Faux, which is browner, and easier to dress up. There is also something about Brave which makes lips look fuller/poutier. I love this colour and would recommend.

on 8/17/2015 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Are people going after Kylie Jenner's lips, or lip color? I realized it was both and while she did admit to getting lip injections after lying for a long time, I will not allow myself to get lip injections but at least you can fake it with makeup and look great!

Brave is a great color for my NC25 skin to copy her lip color on my pigmented lips to make your lips appear fuller. :) It is a mauve-dusty rose color that she is always sporting. After hours of obsessive researching (lol) I realized MAC velvet teddy lipstick is a color that is close to hers too, but I found that one very gray/brown and dulls my entire face and look.

I've also tried Lolita by Kat Von D (which is extremely popular!) but that is VERY dark on me (even the original formula not the bad batch!) makes me look like I'm trying to look goth.

So after you get the mauve colored lips, don't forget to use a lip liner to overdraw your lips for the fullness. :)

on 8/11/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

My second favourite lipstick after velvet teddy, this has more mauve tones in i find on my nw25 skin but i love it! Not drying what so ever and really creamy, effortlessly glamourous.

on 7/28/2015 7:30:00 PM

Very upset this color did not work on me. I love mac lipsticks but I will not be repurchasing Brave. It's a BEAUTIFUL color, I just advise you to TRY IT ON IN STORE BEFORE YOU BUY IT, as I've heard other people say it didn't look good on them yet it is a pretty color

on 7/6/2015 7:45:00 AM

I fought buying Brave forever. I have an issue with pulling out orange and brown tones in a color if they have any iota of those in the shade. Brave holds strong in the mauved, pinked beige family to create a nice simple lip. (Almost too plain and simple, but quite put together.) No frost, or metallic sheen or over glossy texture. It feels clean, polished, simple. It just looks like subtle, polished MLBB / pinky beige shade. Perfect for when you are focusing on the eyes or simply want a professional polished look for work. I am glad to have it in my collection but I haven't really reached for it much this spring & summer.

on 7/6/2015 2:37:00 AM

This was the first MAC lipstick I bought and is to this day my favorite lipstick ever ! I have repurchased 5 times and love it so much . Great product for my NW15 skin, and one of the few nude lipsticks I can wear.

on 6/19/2015 10:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was my first MAC lisptick and I absolutely love it !

I first wanted to buy Angel but it's way too light for me. So I bought Brave and I loooove it so much ! It's kind of a "your lips but better" colour and you can wear it on any occasion.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This lipstick is amazing. Im not a sucker for lipsstick or lipproduct at all but this baby togheter whit or without lippen soar is amazing. If you are a sucker for lipstick this one is just for you.

Its not the most pricies lipstick but it it quite it depends on what u usaly buy. But Brave whit lippen soar is amazing. Try it!!!

on 4/14/2015 3:18:00 PM

I bought this about two years ago and only worn it a handful of times. I'm not a great fan of how it looks on me. It definitely pulls more cool on me and looks very similar to Syrup on my lips. Unfortunately as much as I like the shade, it does nothing for my complexion and makes me look completely washed out :(. Great shade nonetheless but just not right for my skin tone.

Nice colour for us fans of syrup/ modesty/ faux - lovely nudey pink but is also a little bit drying

Recommended for Medium Skin