MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave

4.2

This is my very first MAC lipstick and I am hooked. I love everything about it- the texture, wear, color, etc. It is a great everyday lip color. It is one shade darker than my normal lip color. It goes on smooth and lasts a good while. It is the "satin" texture which MAC describes as a semi matte. I expected it to be a little drying because that's what I think of when I hear "matte" but it is not at all. I will be going back to MAC to purchase more colors. It is definitely worth paying more.

My everyday lippie! It is a pinky nude matte lipstick. I find you don't need a lip liner underneath this as its so matte anyway it lasts a good few hours. If I do use a lip liner I find rimmel obsession is a good colour!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

"Purchased" Brave using my last six B2M empties (waaaaaaaah), despite knowing that I have way too many nude lipsticks. With my NC42 and somewhat pigmented lips, the mauve-ness seems to disappear and leaves my lips a very pretty, very natural, full looking pink. I prefer the satin finish and will most likely repurchase (purchase?) when I run out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

With chestnut lip liner. For nc30

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This was the first MAC lipstick that I bought and I have recently repurchased this.

I've tried my fair share of nude lipsticks but I've found myself returning to this lovely shade.
I would describe the colour as a 'dusty mauve' and I have found it perfect for my skin tone - although I believe it would suit all skin tones if paired with the right lip liner. Some people have had bad experiences with this lipstick but I feel as though it all depends on the lip liner used or if any lip liner is used!

For me, I've found that Brave works best when paired with a brown lip liner (MAC Chestnut lip liner is my favourite) and I'd class this as my everyday lip.

I hope this is never discontinued! I'll continue to repurchase it and I'd recommend it :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Brave is a satin lipstick from MAC, which means that the formula is opaque, long lasting and semi-matte. The colour is a pinky-mauve which looks very natural on my pigmented lips. I would call this an enhanced version of my lip colour - too mauve to be a true 'my-lips-but-better' shade. It is an excellent colour to wear day to day, but can also be dressed up with a smokey eye for a night out. This colour will still draw attention to your lips and will garner you many compliments! It applies easily, one coat is enough for opacity, and the formula lasts for a long time and does not dry out the lips. This colour is very similar to MAC's Faux, but Brave is slightly warmer. You definitely do not need both however. I prefer Brave as it is more pink than Faux, which is browner, and easier to dress up. There is also something about Brave which makes lips look fuller/poutier. I love this colour and would recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Are people going after Kylie Jenner's lips, or lip color? I realized it was both and while she did admit to getting lip injections after lying for a long time, I will not allow myself to get lip injections but at least you can fake it with makeup and look great!

Brave is a great color for my NC25 skin to copy her lip color on my pigmented lips to make your lips appear fuller. :) It is a mauve-dusty rose color that she is always sporting. After hours of obsessive researching (lol) I realized MAC velvet teddy lipstick is a color that is close to hers too, but I found that one very gray/brown and dulls my entire face and look.

I've also tried Lolita by Kat Von D (which is extremely popular!) but that is VERY dark on me (even the original formula not the bad batch!) makes me look like I'm trying to look goth.

So after you get the mauve colored lips, don't forget to use a lip liner to overdraw your lips for the fullness. :)

This is my favourite everyday lipstick. I would class this as a mauve nude with a slight pearl sheen to it. It's a satin finish so not completely matte. This is a lipstick I pick up near enough every day. I always get questions when I wear it aswell which is a good sign! I pair it with Mac soar lip liner to ensure perfect application. I will always continue to repurchase. For reference I have light to medium neutral skin tone.

Very upset this color did not work on me. I love mac lipsticks but I will not be repurchasing Brave. It's a BEAUTIFUL color, I just advise you to TRY IT ON IN STORE BEFORE YOU BUY IT, as I've heard other people say it didn't look good on them yet it is a pretty color

I fought buying Brave forever. I have an issue with pulling out orange and brown tones in a color if they have any iota of those in the shade. Brave holds strong in the mauved, pinked beige family to create a nice simple lip. (Almost too plain and simple, but quite put together.) No frost, or metallic sheen or over glossy texture. It feels clean, polished, simple. It just looks like subtle, polished MLBB / pinky beige shade. Perfect for when you are focusing on the eyes or simply want a professional polished look for work. I am glad to have it in my collection but I haven't really reached for it much this spring & summer.

Recommended for Medium Skin