MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got Twig at first because I thought this would be too light on me, but Twig did not really make my lips pop like I wanted and had too much red and purple tones. I exchanged it with this and I love it as a pink nude. This is the lightest I would ever go with a pink and it makes my lips lighter colored but still stand out without washing me out. The satin finish makes it long lasting, and this has some pearl shine to it that works well for a nude color to add dimension. I use it with soar lip pencil and cultured lipglass for my perfect nude( I am nc 30-40ish). Definetely recommend for medium skinned people who want a nude that still gives color and looks pretty.

on 2/15/2015 8:45:00 PM

Probably wouldn't buy it again as I am not a major fan of colours like this, on my Lips it appears more of a brown than a pink like some reviews are saying here. It's the kind of colour that's handy to have if you can't find a colour of lipstick to work with your outfit - it sorta just goes with everything! So it's always worth having a lipstick like that. I've worn prettier lipsticks and im sure that there are nicer MAC lipsticks similar to this one, which is why I will be trying something else other than repurchasing.

on 1/28/2015 1:20:00 AM

Love this color!!!! Wear in alot in the fall/winter. It is a nude pinkish color with hints of plum. Looks so pretty on my skin and love it with Blushbaby blush. Can be drying like Most Mac lipsticks but still
Love!!!! Will buy another!

on 1/11/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Love this color on my NC45 skin tone. Gorgeous pink and the color lasts a long time. Of course I always use a lip primer to hold the color anyway!
Must have for WOC

on 1/5/2015 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have to thank Kylie Jenner for bringing me to the attention of this lipstick! I spent more time then I care to admit stalking this lipstick (and the lipliner soar). I decided to put both on my Christmas list. I should point out that I am far paler then her (NW10) so I was kind of concerned about how the lipliner would look and I was really regretting asking for soar, because I thought it was going to be too brownish on my skin tone.

Luckily for me, every mac near me was sold out of it (thanks again to Kylie lol) and instead I got "hip 'n' happy". My first thought when I opened them was that the pair would not go together at all but fortunately I really love my accidental combination! The lipliner is very pink, and mixed with Brave it just gives a gorgeous mauve colour that really suits my pale skin.
For me personally, on it's own Brave just comes off a bit too brownish so I tend not to wear it by itself. Maybe for darker skin tones then mine it would be fine by itself!

on 11/24/2014 3:35:00 PM

This lipstick it definitely my lips but better colour but Although its satin it goes on to the lips like a creamy matte. However the colour looks different on me than the picture provided above. Still love it!

on 10/9/2014 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

For some reason, a LOT of MAC lipstick colours that everyone else loves, just don't work for me. This is one of them. On me it looked like a frosty pink from the 80s, very old fashioned and not at all flattering. The tone of this lipstick is just too cool. I need a warm pink and this is not it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The lipstick has a fantastic pink nude colour with brown and a pinch of purple inside, perfect for every day! But it's too too dry! I don't have extremely dry lips & I wear Matt & retro Matt with no drying! That lipstick dries so much my lips that almost bleed. I also find the smell less flattering than the other lipsticks !

on 9/23/2014 12:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

love it, its a natural my lips but better color. I wear it almost everyday.

on 9/13/2014 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Very nice settle pink! This is my so call business pink! I love bright colors and this is the first neutral I bought and loved! You can build it up for a bright color!!

Popular Lipsticks