MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave

4.1

on 4/14/2015 3:18:00 PM

I bought this about two years ago and only worn it a handful of times. I'm not a great fan of how it looks on me. It definitely pulls more cool on me and looks very similar to Syrup on my lips. Unfortunately as much as I like the shade, it does nothing for my complexion and makes me look completely washed out :(. Great shade nonetheless but just not right for my skin tone.

Nice colour for us fans of syrup/ modesty/ faux - lovely nudey pink but is also a little bit drying

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really like this lipstick, it's the first time I've worn a nude shade that I can feel good about. I saw this lipstick paired with Soar lipliner and together they give me a perfect MLBB shade that I can wear without feeling like I'm entering a room lips-first (to date I have always worn very bold, dark or ultra-bright shades). This lipstick is perfect for any occasion - it's like they say, I wear it, it doesn't wear me. It's matte but not drying, and it lasted me through breakfast today. I have already bought a back-up because I really feel comfortable wearing this shade. Plus, it never comes off on my teeth, bonus!

on 3/22/2015 10:20:00 PM

I am so disappointed that this color doesn't look good on me. It just turns straight up brown on my pale lips. I've been searching for the perfect mauvey pink lippy and finally found it the day after I got this, it is Smashbox's fab new matte lippies in Mauve. They go on like a dream, feel like a balm, and stay on forever.

on 3/14/2015 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This lipstick is my new favourite nude shade from mac (was previously angel), it sits comfortably on my lips and is moderately long lasting. Perfect, and yet another mac lipstick that is so worth the money!

this is a pink nude it isn't exactly a satin it is more like a frost it is bare and I would repurchase for a nude but this doesn't stand out it's a plain type everyday color for work.

on 3/14/2015 2:02:00 PM

To the person below me complaining that the lipstick didn't look like anything on their lips, i can almost 100% guarantee they bought a counterfeit lipstick.
Anyways this lipstick is pretty amazing. During that whole Kylie Jenner lip phase everyone was obessed with, i heard she used this one and sure enough, i was pretty amazed at how beautiful this lip color is (it was right on point with a match). It is one of my favorites. I pair this with NYX mauve lip liner and holy moly my lips look fuller. It's a mauvey dusty pink on my lips. It lasts a pretty good while too. MAC lipsticks hardly disappoint me. This color is very pigmented, creamy and doesn't drag on my lips.

on 3/12/2015 3:22:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I bought this from someone who was selling it as new, and it was ok... but it literally didn't even look like I was wearing any kind of lipstick at all. I decided to give it to my sister, and it suited her much better. It's ok for someone with the right coloring, but in general was unimpressive with my red hair and brown eyes.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

My HG lippie. A "your lips but better" color for medium/olive tones. Nude with a slight coral tint. A bit on the matte side which makes it somehow easier to apply (I never need a liner with it). I cannot be without this lipstick!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got Twig at first because I thought this would be too light on me, but Twig did not really make my lips pop like I wanted and had too much red and purple tones. I exchanged it with this and I love it as a pink nude. This is the lightest I would ever go with a pink and it makes my lips lighter colored but still stand out without washing me out. The satin finish makes it long lasting, and this has some pearl shine to it that works well for a nude color to add dimension. I use it with soar lip pencil and cultured lipglass for my perfect nude( I am nc 30-40ish). Definetely recommend for medium skinned people who want a nude that still gives color and looks pretty.

Popular Lipsticks