August 20, 2014 | 1425 users online

Concealers - Kanebo - Concealer (Brush Type) Anti-Cernes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I have this in 02. Throughout the year my skin changes from NC15-25. This concealer in 02 isn't a favourite when I'm on my lightest - I like to both conceal my dark circles, but also to brighten my undereye area and 02 is a little too dark to do so when I'm NC15. I like how this looks the best when I'm almost NC20 and darker.

This isn't a very high coverage concealer - it covers only light (maybe even light-medium) dark circles, but it's enough for me - the most important thing for me is that my dark circles don't catch attention, not that they're actually completely gone. If you have light circles, I would recommend checking out. You can layer this over something else tough, if you want.
The concealer has powder in it, which means that it will give you a matte finish. This is good for those people that have oily undereyes and get problems with, for example, mascara smudging. I have dry skin, but actually prefer a matte finish to my undereyes because I feel that if that area is shiny, it actually makes my undereye bags much more visible.
Although this concealer has a powdery finish, I don't feel that it dries my skin out. It's not the most moisturizing concealer, but it definitely can be used for under the eyes. I also like that this doesn't crease into my lines a lot - I don't need to retouch my undereyes during the day with this on. Creasing has several different reasons, and some of them are: how much concealer you put on and how oily the area you put it on is. If you put on too much of a concealer, it WILL crease, so even with this one you shouldn't pile it on. If your undereye area is too greasy, the concealer slips off more easily. This concealer fixes this a bit by consisting of a wet powder, which soaks up oils a bit, but other ingredients that also treats the skin and doesn't let it dry out.
At first, I thought the brush-type concealers weren't very hygienic, but really, I use it only after washing my face, so it's not really a problem. The brush is very good - it's super-soft, but still precise and I think you actually spend less product because the brush dispenses it so evenly that you can see exactly how much you need.
The only con I see to this concealer is that a lot of creams I've had didn't go well together with it - it becomes a bit hard to blend and rolls up in little balls with certain creams under. I feel I haven't had this with a lot of other concealers, so it's important to find something that works with this.
The price is a bit high, but this concealer lasts me about a year, and it kinda makes up for that. I actually HAVE re-bought this - I haven't yet found a better concealer for me in the warmer time of year. If I find a better one, I will probably not buy this any more because of the price. I just haven't yet found something else that: doesn't crease, doesn't dry out my skin, doesn't look greasy, covers enough and looks natural. ยจ
PS: 5* for the packaging - it's simplistic, very sturdy and gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best concealer I've used so far and it has the added bonus of spf. I only use it around my eyes and it does not crease or settle into fine lines.Most concealers will make a good enough job of hiding dark circles, but when you get to a certain age, you have to consider if it works on older skin and this does. This is expensive but worth it and it lasts for ages.This is now known as Sensai concealer and it's in a black tube . it's the same stuff I've used it for years.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 7:58:00 AM More reviews by cecilija

The best concealer I ever had. Perfect coverage, long lasting, hydrating... even after long nights, when you have to wake up early and be your best- it makes miracles - no one can tell you didn't get your 8 hours of sleep.

I kept repurchasing it in the lightest version for couple of years, then wanted to try something else and opted for Touche Eclat (nice, but as it is not a concealer it has much lighter consistency and needed repeated retouching during the day) and MAC (huge mistake), and now I am happy to return to it.

Needless to say, I find rumors about its discontinuing very concerning. Which brings us to the only downside of this concealer- after you try it, no other concealer will seem good enough ever again:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a makeup junkie and i've tried hundreds of concealers, 'miracle' foundations, mineral powders, etc etc, nothing seemed to work until i met this one. This IS a cliche but as they say, that's how cliches appear.
The color range works perfectly, i'm a Number 2 but i can also go for number 3 if i need coverage for red spots or blemishes on the face when i'm tanned, i usually go for number 2 under the eyes and it works wonders. It might be a bit heavy but the coverage is impeccable, blends with the foundation you have on, no caking or streaking or creasing and what's most important of all, lasts all day long and is waterproof. On the packaging this info is not mentioned but the effect is surely waterproof, stays on even if i go to the pool and i rub my skin after.
Thumbs up, i will definitely purchase again.
UPDATE: i forgot to mention something important- it lasts forever without expiring. i've had mine since february and there is still a lot of product coming out of the brush, taking into account i use it almost every day, two pumps under each eye, around the nose and on the forehead. it does make a difference, all the other concealers i have tried left marks and spots especially under the eyes or filled up the expression lines-eeew, looks like you don't wash your eyes properly in the morning, which is a total gross out for me.
so yeah, i'm still in love with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by simiparga

Great product - sadly not for me. I purchased this in #2. A perfect match for my medium toned skin. This covers blemishes and is a lovely concealer. I just found it a but too heavy for my liking at a but too mask like. I have tried to apply less and dilute it a little with creams etc (far too much effort!) But it still looks to unnatural for my liking. I used it lightly on blemishes and to cover under eye dark circles. Much prefer Guerlain's version of this. Just taken one lippy off as although it's a great concealer, I prefer a more natural look and finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by makeupinfo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Update: April 2012 - This is still my go-to concealer for everyday use. I apply it with a damp beautyblender (pink sponge) and it looks natural, while covering my broken capillaries and occasional zit. It stays put the whole day and doesn't break me out.
Original review: I really like this concealer for everyday. I use a combination of 02 and 03 and with a little blending it matches me perfectly all year round. I also find it to be very healing for any red spots or blemishes. I have combination skin which can tend to be a bit sensitive and when I have any irritation and I apply this concealer, I find by the end of the evening my blemish/irritation looks and feels better.
I use Cle de peau for special occasions, but find that it makes me break out with little white heads. So for everyday, this is the concealer for me. I had read it was being discontinued but the SA at Barneys said that it's one of the most popular Kanebo products and is defininitely NOT being discontinued. Good for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 5:36:00 AM More reviews by c_anine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best concelaer I've ever tried on! I used to be happy with the Helena Rubenstein concealer (witch is also good) but this one is even better. Perfect for under the eyes. In the evening when I take off my makeup I always get a shock from how tired I really look. This is magic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2007 6:44:00 AM More reviews by Mipmip

This dries out my eye area, strange because I don't have dry skin at all. The Kanebo makeupline works best if you have the whole skincare line aswell. I think Kanebos eyebalm would make this concealer work better. But that's a 100 dollars for something mediocre to work great. Not worth it. I'm trying Vincent Longos creme duo concealer next.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2007 2:46:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading all the positive reviews, I decided to buy this expensive concealer. The texture is really nice and liqudy which is great, spf is a bonus. The many downsides are :
It has parabens , mineral oil in it. yuck!! If you dont mind the mineral oil next to your eyes, YSL seems to do better. The best one for me is still HABA concealer with spf, all the right ingredients, natural mineral sunscreen, no parabens, no mineral oil, squalane and so on..and the best part is that its only $16.
Even the lightest color available is still too dark for me or it doesnt cover anything much at all. I dont even have that bad of dark circles and yet, seems to do nothing.
What a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 4:30:00 PM More reviews by missy24680

I am a makeup junkie and i have maybe 20 different concealers.. but this kanebo one, i use it everyday.. in the daylight it looks so natural like your not even wearing concealer... it conceals spots circles, pigmentation extremely well.. but it is not top full coverage. if i have a huge red spot/pimple i go for the cle de peau concealer for maximum coverage.. but for everyday i LOVE LOVE LOVE this concealer..blends well with the skin.