July 25, 2014 | 1841 users online

Lip Gloss - NARS - Pillow Talk

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by sdellinger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to start by saying I LOVE this color. Wish I could find a dupe in another brand.

CONS: after a bit the gloss starts to smell "off" almost plastic-y. The shine is gorgeous and the the color tone is a perfect mid tone rose which I love with a neutral face this time of a year. I very hard pink to find.

Another con is this lip gloss has ZERO staying power. Of course no gloss really does, but for 24 dollars I feel this should put a little bit more fight.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by juliejoy

This lip gloss is okay and I love the color . This formula is sticky, but it really does help this product stick to the lips. I've had over 4 hours of wear with this, which is great. The taste of this NARS product, is just gross... not sure if its just mine? I always have to layer it with other flavored lip glosses to get it to work.
Overall, I think when your spending 20+ for a lip gloss you shouldn't have to mix it with others to get the results you like.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Phaedra85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

How can this product be rated so lowly!?! It is by far the best lipgloss i have ever owned, simply just for it's versatility alone. I am PPP and it just really finishes my makeup in an amazing way. Such a gorgeous pink, you can barely feel it on your lips, it's not gloopy although it's really shiny. I just absolutely love it, it is the prettiest 'come hither' lip gloss that is out there, i shall not be swayed. I just wish i could find a sheer lipstick of the same colour because, when a man kisses you and he will want to, lol, it comes off on him because it's a tad sticky, this lipgloss' only downside. Oh and the price but it's value for money if you ask me
I LOVE THIS LIPGLOSS.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by sappphirelilys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best milky pink Nars lip gloss, it does not settle into lip lines and the color is fairly natural looking, two qualities usually lacking among light shaded Nars lip glosses. It is deeper and bluer than Chihuahua, a very cute rosy pink.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by topnotch_babydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This has been one of my fave glosses.Usually stick to MAC but have gotten into nars for the colors.The texture is smooth,taste not so good.Its a nice berry-mauveish with a hint of lavender.Perks up my nc20 complexion.Its a great everyday shade to throw on and go!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by egg802

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product was just OK. Something I would put during the day time but nothing special... too light I guess. Definitely too expensive. For $24 this is NOT a deal. what I cant stand about Nars is the smell.. it has a chemical smell to it...eekk... I like how its not too sticky though, thats the only thing I liked about it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

An OKish lip gloss - no fuss, no taste, no fragrance and no glitter. It is a decent pink for the summer. Unique? No. Too bright: yes for NC 15.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by mazikeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

DESCRIPTION: NARS Lipgloss in Pillow Talk. Overpriced at $24--I recommend ladies check out the new Neutrogena Moistureshine glosses in 'Berry Fit'. The colors are not a perfect match but the Neutrogena is $9 and is better quality.

COLOR: Described on the website as "Azalea Pink" which I find equally useless for people who've seen azaleas and people who've never seen one. Azaleas are almost fuchsia in their pinkness, definitely with lavender undertones. This is a medium rose, neutral but bright.

TEXTURE: Good, but not special. Not as thick and sticky as MAC, but with a discernible feel on your lips. But what I absolutely DETEST is that NARS smell/taste--plastic, bitter, artificial. I know that lipglosses aren't the best thing to put in our mouths, but I don't like being reminded that it's made in vats and has industrial petro-chemicals in it.

OVERALL: This is one of those products that's overpriced for the sake of covering Monsieur Nars's marketing and advertising bills. It's a mediocre product with an ordinary, easily-dupeable color, sold at a premium price. There are better products out there costing much, much less.

FYR I have light, sensitive NC-20ish Asian skin, more on the yellow than the peachy end of the spectrum. Black hair, the equivalent of black eyes, pigmented lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by saroh87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first NARS gloss and I have to say I am pretty pleased with this product, given the fact that I'm not really a big fan of lip glosses. I bought this a couple of weeks ago and have been wearing it almost everyday. So here's what I've noticed so far:

Pros:
- good staying power
- doesn't make my lips chap like some other glosses I've tried do
- has a pretty shine that isn't too "in your face"

Cons:
- it's a teeny bit sticky
- doesn't smell too good

I should mention that I've got really pigmented lips and I need to put something on them to mute the color if I want to get the nice rosy color that Pillow Talk has.

Also, I love pairing it with Creme Cup from MAC. Both of them together look divine :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

This is a nice berry pink but not my favorite. "Azalea pink" is pretty accurate - it's a cool-toned pink, almost magenta. Can be worn sheer (which I prefer) or layered for more pigment. If I accidentally apply too much, my lips look purplish. I've found that glosses wear the best layered over other lip products, so I usually line my lips with MAC subculture liner, apply MAC Hug Me lipstick and apply gloss over the lipstick. Not an every day color for me, but perfect for those Spring days when I want a little more color on my lips.