October 25, 2014 | 862 users online

Lip Treatments - Passport - LAYOVER STIMULATING LIP LUBE

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2006 8:05:00 PM More reviews by laurenclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cannot stand this stuff. For the price, which is not cheap, as some have suggested, I expect a much better product. I enjoy the scent, but the formula is not at all long-lasting, and it's terribly grainy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2005 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this having read the terrible reviews, but was still intrigued. I didn't expect any sort of plumping effect, and even if I was, it wouldn't be half as disappointing as the lack of results from City Lips. Instead, I just purchased this as an inexpensive, plesant-smelling balm. I love the smell of ginger, and this stuff gets pretty close (much better than the weird bug-repellent scent of KenzoKi's Euphoric Ginger Flower line). It's a strong smell and you can definitely taste it, but that's one of the reasons I like it so much. As far as moisturizing goes, it seems to me there are lip products that remain on the top of your lips and don't sink in at all (they usually feel waxy on), those that dry them out, those that are very moisturizing, and those that soften lips but don't leave a lasting effect. This fell into the final category. The balm felt great on but vanished too fast, and the container is small but I'd still repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2005 7:54:00 AM More reviews by yoganurse

Oh, I kinda like this in a perverse kind of way. The ginger taste is really over the top and bothers me for the first couple seconds but then I get used to it. I actually didn't realize it was supposed to be plumping. Just as well - it's not. It does keep my lips smooth for a long period of time. It's weird - it doesn't feel like it's still on but my lips do stay smooth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2005 1:54:00 AM More reviews by forensics96

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yup, impulse buy at sephora for me too!! I have to admitt- I LOVE the scent of it- ginger & maybe a little bit lemony too. Feels nice on- smooth, not ultra moisturing or anything, but nice. Not $12 bucks nice though. I haven't seen any "plumping" effects either. And that sucks too- b/c I loved the idea of a plumping lip balm instead of all the plumping glosses that are out there.. :( But I love the smell of it (so does my BF too!), so I'll keep using it for that- and *if* it actually plumped, I'd say I'd repurchase it too, but sadly it does not, so nada, no go-won't re-purchase when I finish it. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2005 7:55:00 AM More reviews by carekate

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, this was an impulse buy at Sephora. At first I liked it, though the scent/taste is a bit overpowering, but within 24 hours it felt like it was drying my lips out instead of hydrating them. Back it went to Sephora, where I exchanged it from the Decleor Aromessence Lip Balm, which Iím liking *much* better. Personally, this stuff is a rip off, although I must agree with review #1 that the packaging is way-cute.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2005 7:10:00 PM More reviews by ldylushess

HMM.. THIS LOOKED SO CUTE IN THE PACKAGE AND I GOTTA ADMIT I LIKE THE NAME. HMM BUT IT DOESNT DO MUCH FOR MY SUPER PARCHED LIPS, AND IF IT DOES PLUMP I CANT TELL. I HAVE TO ADMIT IT HAS A VERY STRONG GINGER TASTE AND SMELL. I LIKE GINGER BUT NOT THIS MUCH! TOO BAD THOUGH, PACKAGING IS SO CUTE.