April 21, 2014 | 1878 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #209 Eye liner

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by InParadiseIsland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My Holy Grail !! <3

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This brush doesn't work for me. I find the bristles aren't stiff enough to give me enough control over where my liner's going. I've only used it a handful of times since I bought it with a few different liners to see if I could get it to work for me, but without much luck. This is probably the one Mac purchase I regret. Now, I only use it with the Lush liquid liners, as I hate the brush that comes with the actual bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG status. The mac daddy of all eyeliner brushes. I can create any eyeliner look with this. Whenever I can't find this baby, I panic, because nothing, absolutely nothing compares to this eyeliner brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by stls

This eyeliner brush works great with fluidlines. Can be precise and create a wonderful wing. Never shed or lost it's shape and I wash it after every use. Finally I realize that this shape is more convenient for me than slanted brushes. I'm very pleased and would repurchase but I'm still curious about how 210 performs.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to love this brush, but after only using this for a few weeks it has 'splayed'. A few of the hairs are at an angle, which is weird as I know how to look after these brushes. I don't know how to pull it back together. I have to say I am disappointed as I own several MAC brushes which I adore.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by TMK6959

This is good. Not great. I think I will stick to my 316 for eyeliner. I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received 209SE as a free gift for set I purchased from Mac. I learn that SE or special editions are machine made whereas the regular brushes are hand made and better quality. Nonetheless, this is still fantastic liner brush, a breeze to use with fluidline and totally surpass Sigma's version.

The bristles are very tapered and pointed at the end, making it very easy to get a thin line, or a thick line if you so wishes. Sigma's version is alot thicker, I never used it before as I do not like how thick the bristles are. With Sigma's 209, it would be difficult to get a thin line.

One thing I don't like about it is that the plastic cover is really cheap and tend to break. I've asked Mac for replacements but were told they do not have them. I've now used scotch tape all over it and really hated how it looks. Mac should make a black cover or at least a better quality cover for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by icing78

I just recently switched from liquid liner to gel liner. I am Aisnan so my eyes look good with relatively thicker lines and wings at the end of my eyes. I have no problem using pointed tip but first tried angled brush that come with the liner. I didn't like it because the angled brush doens't control the curve very well. Then I got MAC210 for its pointed tip however, it was too thin so I need lots of strokes to get the final finished look. Finally I found MAC209, which works perfect for my purpose. and it feels harder than 209 so it is even easier to control. Definitely will repurchase if this one is broken but fortunately MAC's brushes last very long!:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Not my favorite, to be honest. I liked it for detail work before, but not so much now that I have a smaller, thinner, cheaper, and angled eyeliner brush.

It's a spare, one that I toss in my purse to touch up with. But not HG material, for sure. Very "meh".

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by LilyLester

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this brush with the sole purpose of using it with a gel liner.
Its to BIG. Its really tricky to get a nice thin line with this brush.

However i do like it as a lip brush.
But i would not repurchase for eyeliner i would try the 210 as it is thiner.
Its a nice quality as with all mac brushes and i do like the brush just not for the purpose i pechased it for.