August 2, 2014 | 1649 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Anti-Shine Compact [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 7:07:00 AM More reviews by asianl0vex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For me, this would be a good touch up during the day for my oily skin after already using Smashbox anti-shine. For me, it wouldn't be able to control oil throughout the day alone, so I use it more for touch ups. It definitely does the job. My only complaint is that the gel inside gets "dirty" pretty quickly - mostly with visible fibers from the sponge. But this doesn't seem to affect the mattifying properties. It's a good product, a good compact for oily skinned girls like me to keep in their purses.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by shimmy40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

works well, but has to be reapplied after couple of hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

I love this product! I use it alone or under foundation. I get oily throughout the day and this does the trick to stop oil when I blot it on.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by illume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I understand how to use this product, but if you are a very oily girl like me, blotting papers will work better for you. You want something to soak up the oil, not to put more on top of it.

However; I have used this underneith of my makeup and it works well to mattify that way. I have used my fingers before to do so. You can't really do this on top of a mattifying primer though, or else the combination of the two pill off, which is why I have stopped using this.

I think this would be a great product for men or a girl who doesn't wear makeup and experiences oilyness.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Stefanie98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is meant to be blot on, not rubbed in, just like other reviewers say. When I apply it before a social occasion, I know this product will keep me matte, and the best part is that even immediately after you apply it, it does not look like you’ve just applied makeup. You know how it is - you don’t always want people to know you’ve been primping before you meet with them. Bonus: you can apply this to fine lines and it will never accentuate them. That’s what is so great about these silicone skin products. You can apply this over any type of foundation - crème, liquid or powder - it doesn’t mess up your look. Just remember to pat, not rub!

The little sponge is aggravating, mine is starting to disintegrate but there are no replacements available. I’ve had this for 2 years and the compact is still over half full. Small, but lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by cornflakegrrl

Reading all the reviews on this product (the compact version) I can't help wondering if people actually know how to use this. Here's how I apply it: under my foundation (I use my fingers, 'cause I'm not a big fan of that sponge and I like the way the heat from my hands melt the product and make it so much easier to apply it), all over my face and, after a 3 or 4h, I re-apply it over my make it (I don't RUB it on my skin, I just press it against my face). It keeps my face fresh, shine-free and I don't feel like I'm under a ton of make-up, which was exactly what I was looking for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Arenal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've meant to review this for quite a while, since it's a favorite of mine. I was surprised to see the exceedingly low ratings! I use this every day, and it always does the trick to mattify nose/forehead, etc.

This is NOT a powder, but a silicone-based mattifier. Use very little, and PRESS it into your skin. Do not rub it in or use big strokes.

I love the packaging, since it's tiny enough to fit into the smallest bag. I've used it daily for more than a year, and still have most of the product left. One compact will easily last 3-4 years.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Infamy

When I bought this product I was given the impression that it was a blot powder that you could use over your makeup. After trying to use it in this manner I realized it just wasn't going to work applying it over your foundation. However, upon experimenting with this product I found that it really does keep you shine free and matte all day when worn under your foundation. I no long need a blot powder thanks to this genius product.
    For those of you who think it makes your face too white etc, try applying it with your fingers rather than a brush or the sponge. Your body heat will melt the product into your skin (and you only need a small amount, I dab one finger into the product twice lightly and that is all that is needed to cover my chin).
    I feel the reason this product has received so many low votes is because people just aren't sure how to get the best from the product which is smashbox's fault as they claim it is a "...compact for oil control touch-ups anywhere. Mattifies skin without disturbing your makeup..." But I hope this helps the people who had bought it and feel like it was a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by niico9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the worst makeup product I have ever bought.
    It is like white Halloween makeup.
    I put some on my T-Zone and it looked like I had white makeup on, did not blend into my skin at all.
    It's horribly overpriced as well.
    I threw it away. Terrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by vogelnagel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This just plain does not work. do not buy it, it's a waste of money. It crumbles and is difficult to apply on the face.