August 27, 2014 | 984 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Lyin' Eyes-02

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I felt that this product covered very well. It felt creamy but not heavy at the same time. I really love the application of the product, perfect for inner corner of the eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by CherryBlossom03

I've been using this for awhile. In general, it lasts me about 2.5 months. I only use it around the nose area to conceal some redness, not for the dark circles under my eyes because it doesn't offer enough coverage for the dark circles (I use Bobbi Brown for that).

Pros:
- good color match
- pen squishes out product, seems fresher...
- portability

Cons:
- price
- amount of product (I've purchased enough of these to have a few factory defects, ones that barely lasted 1 week!)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 6:21:00 AM More reviews by etmg

really disappointing product. This is the type of product I would expect to end up with were I to spend 3.99 in one of the teenage-type brands in Superdrug (UK) as the concealer doesn't last, is cakey and dries to a really horrible unnatural consistency.And it doesn't do anything for dark circles. But for 17.00!!!! Even compared to cheaper chemist brands like Boots No 7, their formulations are far superior and also the packaging on this product looks cheap and nasty. A very expensive product line and not really worth it, IMO

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by emily1036

I had been using this product for about a year but have recently concluded that it is not working. I have dark undereye circles but this product does not do enough to cover them. I was using lyin eyes and then using a layer of bare essentials over and it still wasn't enough. However, the color was right on for me. I really liked the consistency and the way this product blended in. I also really liked the applicator brush. This product would be ok for someone with very slight undereye circles/ darkness, but if you have dark undereye circles, it's not going to work. But I will be moving on now to Sue Devitt Bermuda Triangle to see how well that goes....

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2006 5:19:00 PM More reviews by productofQu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used lying eyes 03 this shade was given to for me. In concealer nw2/nc42 and sometimes. It's not light nor thick and works so well for my normal to oily skin,I have no problem with this item... no lines/ caking up, love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2005 6:51:00 AM More reviews by makeupadorer

I'm sorry to say that this product ACTUALLY DESERVES NO LIPPES. I agree with another reviewer here who is appauled that Benefit have the nerve to sell this for 16 when all you get in this tiny little pen is a measly 1ml of product!!!!!!! (actually I'm sure I paid 17). The packaging is really cheap (I like the brush applicator but the black plastic container is rubbish and the writing came off as soon as I brought it home). Worst of all is the actual product which is just useless at concealing. It didn't irritate my eyes but the result was like smearing tinted vaseline under my eyes. I've just about had it with Benefit, my experience has been a huge waste of money every time. My advice to anyone looking to experiment with new products in the UK would be to try the European products first as you get better value for money. American brands like Benefit and BobbiBrown and even Mac are hugely over-priced here and although BB and Mac do some lovely (and irrisistable) things, once you become aware of how much less they retail for in the US, you will just feel hugely ripped off. (Rip Off Britain!) If you want to spend money on cosmetics then I would suggest going French...it's much wiser shopping for UK residents.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2005 10:31:00 AM More reviews by LunaY

I got this as a free gift when buying another BeneFit product. I used a Clinique concealer on my undereyes before this, but I like this one much better. It is thicker, although I find to truly conceal you have to put it on all over the undereye and inner corner of the eye and just blend, blend, blend. Otherwise it is noticeable. I have chronically dark circles and this doesn't make them completely disappear but if I take a little time blending it makes them look 90-95% better. I just dab some powder over it and it looks very natural.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 1:37:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

Product Description: Brush on camouflaging confidence with lyin' eyes. With a click-click of the brush you've got a lightly tinted under eye corrector that's speedy & quick. Keep it in your bag to spruce up your look anytime, with or without makeup. Comes in 3 shades.

On Me: I was on the search for a concealer (always am - havent really found my HG yet) so i tried this. First off noticed that the tester pens looked really bad - all the wordings had faded off & the ma wasnt really sure what colour she tested on me...she said it was 02. Anyway after she put it on & raved how good it concealed my dark circles, i took a look at their mirror and still saw dark circles...only difference was this time my dark circles looked wet and shiny! Thats about it. no concealing...nothing...just wet and shiny...like disgusting slime. If using as a corrector,i feel guerlian's illuminating light is so much better! So the search for a concealer continues...
continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2005 12:06:00 PM More reviews by CurlsAloud

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a load of crap this product is! I can't believe they have the cheek to sell this for 16 in the UK!

What can I say - the packaging is awful - the writing on the case is coming off and I've only used it three times. Every time I use it I end up with white gloop on my hands. EURGH! Then the pen dispenses too much at a single click.

The product itself iritates my eyes like hell. It dries up the skin under my eyes like nothing else I've tried.

And even worse it settles into every line and CAKES. Really attractive. How the hell is this meant to be a concealer? It makes the problem WORSE!

Crap, crap, crap. This is going back to Boots today for a refund.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2005 8:16:00 PM More reviews by decembermom

I hate this concealer. Of all the concealers I've tried this one is the worst. You never know how much you're gonna get out of that silly pen. I got too much out and made a mess of it. While it did match my skin tone (I am light to medium tone with yellow undertones), it also dried out the skin under my eyes and made it look patchy. And worst of all, it settled right into my fine lines and made me look old and tired. I tried to blend it only to wipe it off. I can't imagine this will last too long.