Lancome Blush Subtil Shimmer--Shimmer Pink Pool

4.3

on 4/24/2013 5:58:00 PM

Beautiful natural color. I have a warm skin tone but at the same time I'm pretty light (half spanish half white) and I think this color complaimented me although at first I would think it would suit someone with a cool complexion. THE ONLY DOWNFALL is opening the blush. I know it may sound like a silly thing to complain about but the case it so thin that I have droped it several times trying to open it if that makes sense. And if I were to drop it the wrong way it would easily crumble but if I dont drop the blush I expect it to last atleast a year.

on 1/19/2013 3:17:00 AM

This is the only blush I have ever bought more than once. Don't let the colour in the pan fool you. It looks hot pink with glitter, but when it's on, the sparkle isn't noticeable and the pink is buildable. I am very pale (too pale for any of the MAC foundations to look right on me) and the shade works perfectly to add a nice pop of colour on my cheeks.

on 1/6/2012 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has been my HG blush for years and though I own literally dozens of nice blushes (MAC, Dior, D&G and Chanel are all on my blush rotation), Shimmer Pink Pool is my go-to blush. It never fails to flatter my skin tone (NW10ish for reference) and goes with most any makeup look. It is shockingly pink in the pan, but applies tastefully as a classic cool pink with blue undertone. I've actually seen this shade look lovely on tan, olive tone skin as well, so it's not just for pale folk either. Years ago Lancome changed the formula, at which time it had more shimmer and seemed less dry. I did like that formula better, but if you fear the shimmer/glitter aspect of it, it's barely noticeable now. Beautiful, unique color, so don't pass it up if you're someone who does well with cool pinks. $29.00 price tag well worth as one compact lasts for ages.

on 1/31/2011 1:52:00 PM

This blush is bright pink with shimmer. I have to used it with a light hand. It is not my go to blush but I still like the color and the pigmentation. This will last forever so that why i will not buy again i just do not see myself finishing this product soon.

on 1/11/2011 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Absolutely stunning. A bit less dramatic (I think) than LORAC's Desire (which I LOVE).

Pigment is very fine and it leaves a lovely glow on your cheeks. But you must take care to use a VERY LIGHT HAND, or else, it can make you look kind of clownish. This color is absolutely gorgeous on my extremely pale, cool-toned Asian skin. I don't think color will suit our warm-toned gals, because this color is quite COOL.

Also, it's quite well-pigmented, so it should show up on our darker skinned friends as well. Lancome got it right with this product--it's absolutely stunning.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I have been wearing this blush for years. I recently read a magazine article featuring the actress Emma Stone. Because her coloring is so similar to mine, I read what products her makeup artist used for the pictorial and sure enough, this was it! Shimmer Pink Pool is perfect for fair skin tones (as long as you use a very delicate hand). A little goes a long way! It's a bit pricey but it is made in France- who doesn't mind paying a little extra for something that will last and work well?! The mirror is actually really great as well- lol. My only complaint is the useless brush. People who spend $30 dollars on blush aren't going to apply it with a .10 cents applicator!

on 9/14/2010 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I didn't think a color this light and pink would look good on my tan/dark/oily skin, but it works! I love the subtle shimmer, and it doesn't make my oily skin look greasy. The color is very light, but can be layered if you like the blush-y look. I like how it accentuates my cheekbones, but doesn't make them the focus point on my face. I use this especially when I do a dark eye or lip. It's perfect for daytime, and the summer months.

on 8/31/2009 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

One of my favorite pink blushes. It is a lovely pink raspberry color and lasts all day. It has very subtle sparkles and adds a lovely winter's day type flush to my cheeks. NW20 here.

on 7/3/2009 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a gorgeous color for a pale-skinned girl like me. The shimmer doesn't come off like tacky glitter, rather it gives your skin a nice, healthy glow.

As long as you go easy on the application -- simply tap a blush brush across the palette, don't swirl it -- it remains a sweet little addition rather than a red light district special.

I bought this blush in 11th grade, and I'm now in third year of University and I've only now begun to reach the metal bottom of the package. I don't necessarily use this every day, but I've used it consistently enough that I'm shocked at how long this product has lasted.

on 5/18/2009 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This blush is pretty expensive but it's worth it IMO. I wasn't sure if this blush would work on my skintone but the MUA applied it and it was very pretty. I am very lighthanded when I apply, the look is sunkissed on my cheeks. I love it!

Popular Blush Products