April 24, 2014 | 895 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe - Sketch

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:00:00 AM More reviews by maria80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Maybe the most often used eye shadow in may make-up stash. I can see how it may not work for some people with a cooler complexion, but on my warm skin it works miracles.Normally I do not use it on its own, but to warm up some shadows that are too cool for me, like shale or satin taupe. It also looks great as an eyeliner, making my hazel eyes stand out. Would definetely repurchase, although it seems to last for ages.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by agolden94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Do I have the same eye shadow that everyone else is raving about? This was one of my first MAC purchases, and I must say it left much to be desired. I adore the color; I have blue/green eyes and I love the way burgundy shades make them pop. BUT, this formula is horrific. I can't even get it to swatch, let alone blend. It is so hard and dry! For the price, this was a major disappointment. I can get better color pay off from a Covergirl eye shadow than this. I'm going to try Deep Damson, and hopefully I'll have better luck. All I have left to say is buyer beware...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by stls

Sketch is one of my favorites. Beautiful plummy burgundy shade with reddish shimmer. It's my most used eyeshadow as an everyday liner.
I have neutral to warm fair skin and light green eyes. I use it mostly with Shale on the lid, Quarry on the crease and Blanc Type under the brow bone for a daytime look.
Also looks great on the crease with Satin Taupe on the lid and black liner/mascara.
Or on its own with Yoghurt as a highlighter for a deep smokey eye.
The shimmer isn't too much and it blends beutifully. It's very pigmented and longlasting. Superb!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by ivanamandias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently found Sketch in my mum's make up collection, she doesn't use things like eyeshadow and bronzers anymore (just sticks to eyeliner, blush, foundation and of course, lipstick) so I picked it up to use. I like how it has a slight glimmer to it, and that it's a dark enough colour to deepen up and add dimension to the crease without having it be black. I wore it to prom alongside a frosty (sounds scary, but it was very pretty) taupe colour with a purple undertone. I got compliments on how colourful yet wearable the eye makeup was. It also is a great shade to blend on the entire lid, progressing from more concentrated colour on the lash line, to faded out (least concentrated colour) up to the crease. Again, dark and smouldering without being black. For application, I like using a fluffy, medium sized brush. It falls out the littlest bit, but I think all dark shadows do so. It's soft and easy to use, almost has a velvety smooth texture to it. Amongst the vast collection of MAC eyeshadows I own, this is one I would hate to run out of.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by megs85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this color! Took off one lippie cause while I like it, it doesn't blow my mind!
That being said Sketch is everything I wanted Shadowy Lady to be in terms of pigmentation and blendabliity. It looks great with Satin Taupe and with Sable...I've put Sketch in the crease when using both colors. It's a great purple :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

A burgundy shadow with a red shimmer is how MAC describes this on their site. And that is a perfect description, this is such a lovely beautiful colour. Instead of the usual black or brown crease colour this adds uniqueness and something interesting to your eye look. Pair this with lighter colours like jest or stars n' rockets or with a darker colour like satin taupe, expensive pink or cranberry to get a sexy smoky look. This is such a versatile shadow and I would recommend it to everybody from any skin tone. This can also be used as an eyeliner or on it's own, it is gorgeous. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Trixieclose

Sketch in my crease makes me look like I got punched in the eye. I'm a nc30 skintone and I just don't think it looks right. The only way I can make this work is with satin taupe on the lid and that way it is gorgeous, but beware its hard to pull off with my brown eyes and tan-ish skin

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Meladamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this color. The texture is so smooth, very easy to blend. Always use this eyeshadow to create purple eye makeup look.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by ToriBiohazard

Yes, MAC is great. However, I don't think MAC is the BEST out there.
I absolutely adore my sketch eyeshadow. The color is so gorgeous and unique! This one applies nicely, but some of the other colors can be a little chalky.
Sometimes it can be difficult to get the color in the pan, onto your lids. I expect great pigmentation when I buy MAC shadows, but sometimes they do fall short of 'the best'.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I love pairing this with Satin Taupe for a beautifully sophisticated smokey eye, or with a light bronze shadow for a sophisticated day look. this can be packed on for intense color or blended out for a sheer wash. Versatile and lovely matte color.