October 25, 2014 | 996 users online

Styling Products - Sexy Hair Concepts - Root Pump

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Katie877

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This spray on mousse gives you a pretty decent amount of volume, compared to using nothing when blowdring my hair,--I'd say this product leaves me with 1 to 2 inches of extra volumey thickness (when blowdrying upsidown with a round brush).
I found it doesn't smell the greatest, but the smell isn't that overpowering.
Also it can leave your hair kinda dull and matte looking.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by kenka

Terrible product, it made my hair looked as if I were using a ton of hair spray on my roots (just untouchable!!), no good,, next time I will be trying the Rusk Thick

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by 778899

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this product. It gives my fine limp hair nice body. I dont wash my hair everyday and this product last untill I shampoo, sometimes that's 3 days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried both versions (Root Pump and Root Pump Plus). This one does not give near the same volume/hold as the Root Pump Plus but it is pretty decent. I haven't experienced a bit of stiffness with this version unless I got super crazy with it. The smell of neither is noteworthy but tolerable. These were on sale at Ulta for $10 recently which is a more appropriate price point than the regular price but I will probably repurchase one or the other.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

At first I didn't like this product at all.. But i figured out that is because I wasn't using it correctly. I would use a rat tail comb, to seperate my hair, spray this into the root, keep doing this in sections then after i was done i'd move all of my hair back into place and sort of rub it into my scalp i suppose you could say then blow dry upside down with a round brush and va va voom lol I love this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by velvetgirl

I bought this in a small $3 dollar trial size. So far I'm not impressed.
I don't like the stiffness it gives my hair. I would like volume without hold....if that's even possible. But that is what I would like. Basically I don't want my hair to be crunchy. I guess it did provide some volume. But I was hoping for so much more, it doesn't even have a good scent. If it even has a scent I don't know -- I don't remember, I think it has a strange but light artificial smell to it. Nothing that makes you say "MMm..that smells SOOOO good". It's just nothing special.
I am glad that I got to sample a small size before commiting to the full size can. I'll keep searching. There has to be something better out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hair is long and thick and voluminous at the ends and sides, but it tends to get weighed down and flat on top. I use this product to give me some lift at the crown and then I coat the mid-shaft to ends with moroccan oil to smooth everything out before I blow dry. This combo works great! I think the oil counters the drying effect that others have experienced. I've gotten so many compliments on my hair since I started using root pump. It's also buying me more time between getting my layers trimmed, which is what I usually do when the top gets flat, and my hair stays cleaner-looking longer, which is a huge plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally got this as a gift and I absolutely adore it. I use it after I shower and while my hair is damp. I spray into the roots and just blow dry away.... then WHOA... I have hair that lifts. It also gives my hair more volume. I love the spray bottle and that its not a mousse where I have to wash my hands after use. The packaging of this product is awesome. It's not cheap but you get a lot and it lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by LisMo9

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first used this I hated it. Then I read The Small Things blog (you'll recognize her hair tutorials from Pinterest) and there was a video showing how she puts on her volumizing mousse and I realized I was doing it completely wrong. Basically you put this on your roots the same way you would if you were coloring your roots - part your hair everywhere and apply product - and then comb it through the length of your hair.

I take about 15 minutes to blow dry my hair (always upside down while sitting on the floor, bent at the waist like i'm touching my toes, reading a magazine) and when I come up for air my hair is HUGE. This has enough holding power to lock in the work of my straightening iron. My roots feel a bit stiff, like starched I guess, but it LOOKS good and really that is what I'm going after. I can get two days of great hair using this product. Highly recommend!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by jozie14

I dont know what the big hype is about this product, but it doesnt work well for me, and to be honest, ive had better affects with pharmacy products at dirt cheap prices, so this is something that is definitely overrated. I like using volumizing products when I blow dry my hair, and I decided to give this a try. First of all it's not exactly cheap, I think I paid 10$ for it, and it was on sale. I applied it to my hair when I blow dried by rubbing it in my hands first then distributing it in my hair as some othe reviewers suggested, and I just didnt see any effects. Plus, it left a weird sticky feeling, didnt leave my hair soft at all! Please dont waste your money on this!