November 24, 2014 | 2030 users online

Styling Products - Sexy Hair Concepts - Root Pump

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by tprosser3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Doesn't feel like I have any product in at all. Less is more. Very good for volume.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Katie877

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This spray on mousse gives you a pretty decent amount of volume, compared to using nothing when blowdring my hair,--I'd say this product leaves me with 1 to 2 inches of extra volumey thickness (when blowdrying upsidown with a round brush).
I found it doesn't smell the greatest, but the smell isn't that overpowering.
Also it can leave your hair kinda dull and matte looking.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by kenka

Terrible product, it made my hair looked as if I were using a ton of hair spray on my roots (just untouchable!!), no good,, next time I will be trying the Rusk Thick

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by 778899

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this product. It gives my fine limp hair nice body. I dont wash my hair everyday and this product last untill I shampoo, sometimes that's 3 days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried both versions (Root Pump and Root Pump Plus). This one does not give near the same volume/hold as the Root Pump Plus but it is pretty decent. I haven't experienced a bit of stiffness with this version unless I got super crazy with it. The smell of neither is noteworthy but tolerable. These were on sale at Ulta for $10 recently which is a more appropriate price point than the regular price but I will probably repurchase one or the other.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

At first I didn't like this product at all.. But i figured out that is because I wasn't using it correctly. I would use a rat tail comb, to seperate my hair, spray this into the root, keep doing this in sections then after i was done i'd move all of my hair back into place and sort of rub it into my scalp i suppose you could say then blow dry upside down with a round brush and va va voom lol I love this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by velvetgirl

I bought this in a small $3 dollar trial size. So far I'm not impressed.
I don't like the stiffness it gives my hair. I would like volume without hold....if that's even possible. But that is what I would like. Basically I don't want my hair to be crunchy. I guess it did provide some volume. But I was hoping for so much more, it doesn't even have a good scent. If it even has a scent I don't know -- I don't remember, I think it has a strange but light artificial smell to it. Nothing that makes you say "MMm..that smells SOOOO good". It's just nothing special.
I am glad that I got to sample a small size before commiting to the full size can. I'll keep searching. There has to be something better out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hair is long and thick and voluminous at the ends and sides, but it tends to get weighed down and flat on top. I use this product to give me some lift at the crown and then I coat the mid-shaft to ends with moroccan oil to smooth everything out before I blow dry. This combo works great! I think the oil counters the drying effect that others have experienced. I've gotten so many compliments on my hair since I started using root pump. It's also buying me more time between getting my layers trimmed, which is what I usually do when the top gets flat, and my hair stays cleaner-looking longer, which is a huge plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally got this as a gift and I absolutely adore it. I use it after I shower and while my hair is damp. I spray into the roots and just blow dry away.... then WHOA... I have hair that lifts. It also gives my hair more volume. I love the spray bottle and that its not a mousse where I have to wash my hands after use. The packaging of this product is awesome. It's not cheap but you get a lot and it lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by LisMo9

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first used this I hated it. Then I read The Small Things blog (you'll recognize her hair tutorials from Pinterest) and there was a video showing how she puts on her volumizing mousse and I realized I was doing it completely wrong. Basically you put this on your roots the same way you would if you were coloring your roots - part your hair everywhere and apply product - and then comb it through the length of your hair.

I take about 15 minutes to blow dry my hair (always upside down while sitting on the floor, bent at the waist like i'm touching my toes, reading a magazine) and when I come up for air my hair is HUGE. This has enough holding power to lock in the work of my straightening iron. My roots feel a bit stiff, like starched I guess, but it LOOKS good and really that is what I'm going after. I can get two days of great hair using this product. Highly recommend!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No