Sexy Hair Concepts Root Pump

Water (Aqua), Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, VP/VA Copolymer, Dimethyl Ether, Isopentane, PVP, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 80, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Oleth 20, Butylether Hydroxypropyl Sultaine, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Carbomer, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hexylcinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxy Methylpentyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, D Limonene, Linalool, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzophenone 4, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine

on 5/10/2015 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have used product a week ago and again this past week. I have noticed both times my hair became extremely dry and very brittle. I do not have dry hair my hair is on the normal side. this has also caused my hair to become frizzy. I'm not sure if this product has a lot of alcohol in it. I think this will be better for someone who has very thin hair and needs volume. I will not be purchasing this product again and now I have a huge can of this sitting under my bathroom sink and I am unable to use it. I'm sure this product worked very well for others but unfortunately it has not worked well for me

on 3/3/2015 11:05:00 PM

Love this product. I use on my roots while they're damp. I lift up sections I'd hair, spray into the roots, then brush through. I then blow it dry. This product makes a visible difference in the volume of my hair near the roots an stays all day. Even though I use quite a bit of product (maybe 10 sprays) , my hair feels touchable. The biggest downside is that my hair is greasy the next day - when I use this, I must wash my hair the next day (or apply dry shampoo).

on 2/28/2015 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought a small sample of Root Pump and am greatly torn about it. I used this on a blow out and it gave me pretty decent results. However, when I went to straighten my hair (since blow drying it - even with product - still makes my thick hair pretty frizzy and poofy), my hair lost all of the volume it had and fell flat. I don't know where I went wrong or what happened. I sprayed it on damp hair, concentrating at the roots and mid-shaft, and blow dried my hair away from my head. Like I said, great volume at first, but fell flat pretty quickly when I flat ironed my hair (for the record, I don't yank my hair down with a flat iron - I try to work with the volume and maintain it).It's a pretty messy spray and comes out white. It is a mousse, which is nice, but the spraying can get messy. It can get EVERYWHERE. It also has a pretty chemical-y smell. I would not repurchase this again.

on 11/23/2014 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Doesn't feel like I have any product in at all. Less is more. Very good for volume.

on 10/23/2014 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This spray on mousse gives you a pretty decent amount of volume, compared to using nothing when blowdring my hair,--I'd say this product leaves me with 1 to 2 inches of extra volumey thickness (when blowdrying upsidown with a round brush).
I found it doesn't smell the greatest, but the smell isn't that overpowering.
Also it can leave your hair kinda dull and matte looking.

on 8/12/2014 1:35:00 PM

Terrible product, it made my hair looked as if I were using a ton of hair spray on my roots (just untouchable!!), no good,, next time I will be trying the Rusk Thick

on 9/23/2013 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm in love with this product. It gives my fine limp hair nice body. I dont wash my hair everyday and this product last untill I shampoo, sometimes that's 3 days.

I tried both versions (Root Pump and Root Pump Plus). This one does not give near the same volume/hold as the Root Pump Plus but it is pretty decent. I haven't experienced a bit of stiffness with this version unless I got super crazy with it. The smell of neither is noteworthy but tolerable. These were on sale at Ulta for $10 recently which is a more appropriate price point than the regular price but I will probably repurchase one or the other.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

At first I didn't like this product at all.. But i figured out that is because I wasn't using it correctly. I would use a rat tail comb, to seperate my hair, spray this into the root, keep doing this in sections then after i was done i'd move all of my hair back into place and sort of rub it into my scalp i suppose you could say then blow dry upside down with a round brush and va va voom lol I love this stuff.

on 11/7/2012 11:21:00 PM

I bought this in a small $3 dollar trial size. So far I'm not impressed.
I don't like the stiffness it gives my hair. I would like volume without hold....if that's even possible. But that is what I would like. Basically I don't want my hair to be crunchy. I guess it did provide some volume. But I was hoping for so much more, it doesn't even have a good scent. If it even has a scent I don't know -- I don't remember, I think it has a strange but light artificial smell to it. Nothing that makes you say "MMm..that smells SOOOO good". It's just nothing special.
I am glad that I got to sample a small size before commiting to the full size can. I'll keep searching. There has to be something better out there.

Popular Styling Products