Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol Beeswax, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Capryloyl Glycine, Sarcosine, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract, Bisabolol, Allantoin, Propylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Acrylates C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance

on 2/16/2015 11:32:00 AM

Best lotion I have found

on 1/23/2015 2:32:00 PM

Not really loving this! It has a very strong smell that I feel is irritating my sensitive skin. I believe it is exfoliating & drying up my blemishes, but I am also get new ones & I have used salicsylic acid before this, so I think this may also cause some blemishes:/ Loved 3-1 Stress Control treatment; It worked right away!

on 12/28/2014 9:26:00 PM

Nothing negative to say about this lotion. Cleared my rash-like cosmetic acne right up in about 3 days. Also leaves face soft and younger looking. Didn't do much for my hormonal cysts but I've only been using for a week. Smells good. Feels smooth and light. Great product.

on 9/25/2014 12:00:00 PM

I used this product for a while and found that although it didn't aggravate my skin like other brands I've used in the past, it didn't exactly make a huge difference either, I felt that my acne neither improved in terms of texture, but did not get worse either, so it pretty much ended up being the same as when I first started using it!

on 9/23/2014 11:05:00 AM

I have combo skin with breakouts before the time of the month, and sometimes during the month as well

Pros:
-Moisturizing and not drying
-It's moisturizing wWITHOUT creating pimples and break outs
-Smells light, nice, almost scentless
-Absorbs super quickly, non-sticky, not heavy

Cons:
-It absorbs super fast, so fast that you cant really spread it, so you have to use alot of it
-For the rate you get through it, its kind of expensive
-It's not that strong as acne medication, its mild since it moisturizers

on 9/1/2014 11:54:00 PM

This is no miracle product for banishing acne right away, but over the 3 months I was using it (morning and night, after a daily exfoliating/cleansing and toning), it managed to help treat existing acne over the course of about a week and seemed to keep future breakouts at bay. Despite being 2% salicylic acid, the lotion feels gentle on the skin, a pea-size amount covers my entire face so a little goes a long way (50ml/1.7oz over 3 months), and no signs of dried skin from use! Which I better not see, given this is a lotion! On top of that, it smells good and is paraben-free.

I will have to note though, that normally I get a few occasional blemishes at a time, but a month after giving birth to my first baby, I had a breakout of hormonal acne along my jawline and upper half of my neck, which this moisturizer has not been able to treat on its own as it has in the past, for some strange reason. I am getting better results now by swapping in more acne-targeting products into my routine, such as Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Toner.

While Neutrogena's Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion is no dupe to Clinique's Acne Solutions All-Over Clearing Treatment ($21), I find that it's a much more affordable alternative ($7-8) and is actually effective in treating and preventing breakouts. I would be glad to repurchase when my tube runs out.

on 6/24/2014 7:42:00 PM

I love this lotion, it's helped clear up my face tremendously and usually SA products don't really do much for me. I've repurchased this product over and over. It's a small tube but a little goes a long way. I get at least 2 months worth even with daily use. It's moisturizing but not overly so. The scent isn't super but it fades quickly and best of all it works!

on 5/18/2014 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I usually don't have Acne, but last winter, my skin was rebellious and some spots appeared. I bought this in a drugtore, the lady there recommended me Neutrogena.

It does really work against spots and it moisturizes. But I felt like t made a build-up on my skin, don't know why. The price is correct. But what disturbes me a little bit is the packge, it's a bit too much plastic.

I won't rebuy it so far, probably if I get problems with acne again. :)

on 4/3/2014 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've gotta say this stuff is pretty damn good. I keep trying new things, but I always come back to this one. Highly recommended product(:

on 3/5/2014 4:23:00 PM

This product has been a miracle-worker for me! After spending the last few years frustrated that any moisturizer I tried caused breakouts with my acne-prone skin, I finally came across this product at the store, and decided to give it a try. It is a little pricey for the size, but I think it's a good value considering the difference it has made in my skin. My breakout at the time was diminished overnight, and after using for 2 days, the difference was amazing! I ALWAYS break out during that time of the month, and this time, nothing! Definitely HG for me. I've been using for about 3 weeks, and haven't had any problems with drying. My skin looks amazing, pores smaller, clearer looking, and not a pimple in sight!

Popular Treatments (Face)