July 31, 2014 | 1056 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by esholos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lotion, it's helped clear up my face tremendously and usually SA products don't really do much for me. I've repurchased this product over and over. It's a small tube but a little goes a long way. I get at least 2 months worth even with daily use. It's moisturizing but not overly so. The scent isn't super but it fades quickly and best of all it works!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by EmiTheGreat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I usually don't have Acne, but last winter, my skin was rebellious and some spots appeared. I bought this in a drugtore, the lady there recommended me Neutrogena.

It does really work against spots and it moisturizes. But I felt like t made a build-up on my skin, don't know why. The price is correct. But what disturbes me a little bit is the packge, it's a bit too much plastic.

I won't rebuy it so far, probably if I get problems with acne again. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Soleduvala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've gotta say this stuff is pretty damn good. I keep trying new things, but I always come back to this one. Highly recommended product(:

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Jnvee

This product has been a miracle-worker for me! After spending the last few years frustrated that any moisturizer I tried caused breakouts with my acne-prone skin, I finally came across this product at the store, and decided to give it a try. It is a little pricey for the size, but I think it's a good value considering the difference it has made in my skin. My breakout at the time was diminished overnight, and after using for 2 days, the difference was amazing! I ALWAYS break out during that time of the month, and this time, nothing! Definitely HG for me. I've been using for about 3 weeks, and haven't had any problems with drying. My skin looks amazing, pores smaller, clearer looking, and not a pimple in sight!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Gremlynn13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

This product didn't cause me any more breakouts than I usually get, but it didn't significantly reduce my acne either. I used it at night after cleansing my face, and found that in the morning my face was a bit oilier than if I hadn't used it. Also, at some point, when I first squeeze some out, a oily residue comes first before the lotion, so I'm wondering if the product is separating inside of there or if it expired and I just don't know it. I find that Salicylic Acid is less effective for me than Benzoyl Peroxide, which I now greatly prefer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Lisafrank

Decent product but smells weird to me

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am pleasantly surprised. I have used some SA products with no luck and started giving up hope that they even worked. This has worked and showed improvement in my skin. It isn't a miracle product, but its not bad. The pH of the product is low enough so that it is effective. It kinda has a strange smell. It goes away quickly after application. It doesn't seem to give much glide on application and absorbs rather quickly. All in all I would buy this again as I have seen results and I was giving up on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by IlienCastellano

I love this so much. Nothing has ever cleared up my acne so fast. At first when using this product I did have a "purge" but that went away in like a day. I use this all over my face morning and night. My face is beautifully clear, toned, and supple. I recommend this to everyone. HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Berrymuffin

The ONLY moisturizer that doesn't make my oily acne prone skin more oily. Doesn't clog my pores and even with the salicylic acid I thought it would be more drying than moisturizing but it moisturizers while keeping excess oil at bay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

EDIT april 13: After reading the BEST review of this on beautypedia (paula begoun) I decided to try it again. of course bp looks at products from an ingredients perspective, it's not the end all be all true best products list. for instance, physicians formula BB cream got a best review but from a user's standpoint it sucks, the so-called light is actually a medium shade. anyways, this acne product has done well, it's the only inexpensive thing I can think of that's done consistently well. it's hard to reach an average rating of 4 on mua for an acne product, especially from this sold-everywhere brand. I tried it again, and my acne got better after one day. I did accidentally sleep in it though, so I wonder if that helped at all ? I'm going to be using this daily and will edit this review if need be.

I'm almost done with my first bottle. Lasted a long long time, yes, but I stopped because it seemed to be causing me to breakout in the end. :/ I got it because of the wonderful reviews, plus it had 2% salicylic acid and for a moisturizer to be on your face all day, that percentage was what I was looking for (I don't find my skin to be sensitive to SA). I've given my skin rest from it, and started up on a new blemish moisturizer. It's um Aveeno clear complexion something or other. It's even more expensive than this and also does that annoying shedding thing. But it hasn't broken me out at least. My acne issues stems from my TOTM. I'll get two zits, stubborn as all hell, no matter what I use they just don't go away. So I pop em. Everyone knows that leads to scarring, and more acne because of bacteria spreading, but those zits really piss me off. I'm still looking for a good skin discoloration remedy, but I think I might have found one in Garnier's Skin Renew Dark Spot Overnight Peel. I had this embarrassing zit inbetween my eyebrows (had to cover with my bangs so nobody'd see it but that also slowed progress in destroying it) that finally turned into an acne scar and 3 nights after using the Garnier product, there's a noticable difference in how well my concealer covers it, among other dark spots too. Maybe sometime I'll try the remainder of my rapid clear lotion again.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No