April 17, 2014 | 898 users online

Foundations - Clinique - Continous Coverage

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by crayna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is not for the oily skinned ladies out there! I couldn't imagine using this as a foundation unless you have major skin issues, or are going to be on stage with lots of lights and need the coverage. However, this does make an excellent concealer! I use it when I get break outs on my chin from that time of the month, and it covers them amazingly I don't even put foundation over it. It's kind of pricey, but if you just use it for concealer it's going to last a really long time, and be worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

This stuff is hard to use, but I don't hate it. You have to use a wet brush with it to thin it out. If not, it truly is like trying to spread cement on your skin. The coverage of it though is amazing. When I use it with a wet brush, I don't find it to be cakey at all. And I haven't had problems with it oxidizing. It's not a foundation I'm going to reach for much, but on really bad skin days it might come in handy.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Gurlinthacurl

Horrible! Oxidized quickly and turned orange. Big disappointment, Clinique.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by razzamartaz

I have been using continous coverage for over 9 years now, and nothing compares to it. I thought however I would try out Clinique Even Better foundation, and what a mistake that was, I am now missing my continous coverage. If you are after a full coverage foundation that covers all the nasties, this is for you. It is a very thick foundation, when I don't want full coverage I usually blend it in with my moisturiser. A little of this goes a long way. I find with this product you don't need a foundation either. Pity here is Australia it is double the price as it is in the states, however I think it is worth every cent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 7:17:00 AM More reviews by sandyriles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this product when I was MUCH younger and it was okay 20 years ago but nothing spectacular. Now that I am on the "other side" of 50 years old, I have one word...MIRACLE! I have always liked full coverage foundations but didn't like the heavy look and feel. We all want a flawless complexion and this gives it to you. My skin is fairly normal, neither too dry or oily. I had been using PUR minerals powder and loved it but I did notice that it is pretty drying, especially in the winter. Also, in order to get the coverage that I like, I was going through it in about 6 weeks. I wanted to try something else. On a whim, I bought CC in creamy glow. I do have pale skin. I was concerned because I read so many reviews that it is to dark for pale skin. For me, it is a PERFECT match. You really can't tell that I am wearing makeup. It just looks like I have perfect skin. Doesn't settle into the creases under my eyes or anywhere. I think the secret here is moisturizing about 5 minutes prior to putting on the foundation and letting it absorb into your skin. Also a little goes a long way. I don't even need a separate concealer anymore. This is the perfect consistency for that. I just put the tiniest bit on my ring finger and tap ever so lightly under my eyes. Love this. If you having again skin, give this a try. I am extremely happy with it. Also, it's pretty inexpensive at about $18 and it is a tube which I like so much better than bottles, jars and compacts. Travels well and is sanitary. 100 lippies for this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 8:57:00 AM More reviews by MellyHelly

Oh oh, when it's needed is needed!
At the end of a long, tiring, stressful day in the city I happen to look at my face in a mirror at Sephora... Bad shock! In spite of my natural skincare by Weleda and Dr.Hauschka that keeps intolerances at bay, in spite of light foundation with powder applied in the morning also as environmental shield, in spite of vitamins implement and meditation... my face was awful.
Long hours of work in a crowded small grey office, bad lights, long times commuting in dramatic conditions, little sleep, pollution, worries, emotional turmoil... won over my face.
In the mirror I saw a pale ghost with blueish-red undereye circles, reddish shadows around nose and on the sides of my mouth that show up in the cold weather, etc etc...
I found a tester of Continous Coverage and started a work of coverage, fast smudging with my tiny fingers :-)
That was better! I just grabbed the tube and went to the casher, no matter which price!
I know it's not a solution, but making something about appearance can give a little boost and let you feel less conscious about your defaults.
I've been knowing about this foundation for ages (not a new product) but for some reason I never gave in buying it. I think it's a matter of last thing you do as a last resource you hope you'll never need to get to.
The best thing this foundation does is covering, REAL covering. I would place it halfway between a professional cake for TV film making that would show very artificial in the daylight and a good everyday foundation that wouldn't do anything behind a camera. It also has similarities with Covermark foundations, but it's not that cakey and hard.
The texture is obviously thicker than most foundations, but not so much. I expected an even thicker texture. Still when you put it on your face you really need to work it in with your fingers or a good brush. It's workable anyway, not so hard, it goes on smooth, you just need a little practice.
At first this thick consistency showed up my pores which are not so big. The more you work in the less they show up. Once I covered my whole face and undereye, I put a soft veil of transparent loose powder and a very little bronzing powder if needed. I choose a fair colour 07 Ivory Glow, (I'm a NC20 for reference), because anyone else would have seemed dark and innatural on me.
I also expected it to be drying and stiff on face. It's not! Clinique gives this a I - II type skin mark, they say it protects against enviromental elements.
It's confortable, doesn't sting or burn at all (like many foundations do on my skin, i.e. L'Oreal), only a little usual tightness on my cheekbones and it makes me feel relaxed about my face not showing everything it happens. After many hours it still stays dry and soft at touch. The shade has become slightly darker, so it's better not to choose a shade darker than your skin.
I wear beautiful Dr.Hauschka Rose Cream in winter times as a day cream and makeup base.
Continous Coverage looks quite natural even in the daylight (grey sky and neons), but I think it would be less natural in a strong daylight.
One major complaint is that this one shows up little lines after some hours, both age and dehydration, making them more evident than going without foundation.
I don't think I will wear it everyday or I'll have to put more cream or a smoothing primer before.
Maybe I'll use it as concealer under my usual lightweight Maybelline.
At night I melt all the layers and dirt with Weleda Almond Cleansing Milk (sometimes EV Almond oil) and then wipe away with a damp sponge or damp cotton pads (better with lukewarm or warmer water) and everything goes away. I think this foundation could slightly clog pores and fill them even after cleansing and even Clinique claims non comedogenic properties. I don't think so.
Years ago Moisture on Call targeted for combo skins made me break out in a bad way.
So be careful and it's better to have a steam or oil pack once a week for deep cleansing.
Continuos Coverage is the answer.
I think it could be useful for people with skin flaws, stains, acne and scars. Feeling better about appearance could help faster healing!
If you can't heal it, cover it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2008 5:48:00 PM More reviews by estrickland

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is NOT for oily skin. This foundation is really heavy when applying. It is definitely for someone that wants a full coverage foundation. The drawback is that there are only a few shades to choose from. My medium olive skin is hard to match and this kind of foundation did not leave many choices. I love Clinique and it does not have very many foundations for full coverage. My skin is really oily and there is no way this will stay on throughout the day without several touch-ups and powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by makeupqueen26

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Super thick coverage. Maybe for stage but not for every day.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2007 1:05:00 PM More reviews by antoniaaddict

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

A totally unsuitable foundation,far to dark even in lightest shade available.
Would suit a skin needing coverage like covermark.
Suitable as a concealer for myself if used with a brush and powdered over.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2007 3:58:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

This is very similar with Estee Lauder's maximum cover.The only difference is that this one is much more emollient and the formula is more moisturizing so this is better for dryer skins.The texture is very thick and creamy but blends easily and personally I like to use the 187 brush by MAC or a wet sponge with this.The coverage is full and yes this foundation doesn't look natural so if you have problem with this( I don't) then this foundation isn't for you,but still you can use it as a concealer only topically(if you think that this is too much for you).Didn't break me out.The staying power is excellent.The finish is natural.If you have oily skin stay away from this foundation is very thick and quite greasy formula .My main problem with this foundation is the shades,very limited selection and this foundation is so thick and the coverage so opaque that if you don't choose the write color then for sure your gonna look like you have a mask on