July 29, 2014 | 1877 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Ballerina

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So sheer, it's bordering almost on why bother. On the positive side it applies smoothly and streak free (barely any pigment to cause streaks!). Aside from the evocative name and chic packaging with double C's, nothing special and not worth the exorbitant price. There I've said it!
Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hands down, best pinky pretty light polish. I bought one but had to return it as the brush was all weird. Be sure to check the brushes when you get home. I have to go back and get another since I already miss it. It goes on the best of all the light polishes I have ever tried. Creamy and opaque in one coat, lasts and lasts and lasts and lasts. Pairs SUPER well with Chanel's newest color, Coup de Coeur, suprisingly, if you like to mix it up. Goes on easy, cannot make a mistake, never streaky, looks so pretty and gelly and perfect, literally for any age.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by pkuyken

I dont know how long i have been using chanel ballerina, but i just re-bought yesterday. It is the perfect shade of pink for me. chanel has now started numbering their shades, and 167 Ballerina is manicure in a bottle. Used alone or with your favorite base and top coat, it will last as long or longer than a tradional salon manicure.

For refernce on color, if i want a "warmer pink" Butter London's Pink Ribbon works for me, but for a nice pink glow Chanel Ballerina is my every day go to!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by ninnu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG neutral polish. The color is sort of milky light baby pink that compliments my fair skin. I have tried many OPI and Essie creme polishes in similar colors, but haven't found such good shade that never streaks.

Chanel polishes are expensive but worth the money. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love nude/pink nail polished but have found most to have strange thick consistency, off color, or they go on very streaky. However this nail polish has none of those issues. The color is very natural and has transparity to it, which I feel eliminates streaking. You can wear one coat to have a clean look to them or three to achieve a true to color match. I have received many compliments on my nails when I wear this. The packaging is also very nice. The only downside is the price but I'll be using this for my wedding so I feel like its worth it. I could see buying two or three chanel polishes a year if I really loved the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by catherinesophia

This is my new HG interview nailpolish. If I want to go natural, I use this polish, because it makes my nails look good and glamorous, but also professional. I do need to apply 3 coats to get the shade I want, but that's ok. Chanel makes the best nailpolish, and the polishes last the longest, so I'm happy that I found a color that I can wear everyday. I recently bought a protein base that is slightly opaque, so I hope that will help this go on in just two coats. This polish has a much better consistency that Essie's Mademoiselle, and it goes on more evenly. If you do the proper prep work, your nails will look professionally manicured with this polish. Great color and texture; I have been wearing it for 5 days so far and no chips. I will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by thistle100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm disappointed with this. It's expensive, it goes on streaky, it needs several coats to hide the streaks, and it chips easily. In fact, it not only chips easily, it almost disintegrates after a shower. It's also much lighter than I expected it to be from the color on the Chanel website.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by chaosgreeneyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The best my-nails-but-better polish for me. I had 2 bottles of Essie Allure before, but this works way better on my pale skin thanks to its cool pinkish undertones. I wear two coats, it's still sheer but very glossy. I love it doesn't stink like most of OPIs and Essies and how quick it gets dry. 3 days, no chips, and very forgiving to uneven nails - worth the money!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Elegant packaging is all this np has going for it. While the color is a pretty sheer pink it's a tad too light for my skin tone (NC44ish). Worst, it's VERY streaky even after 3 coats. Glad I didn't pay full price for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by daneeta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Call them boring, but sheers are work friendly and just plain elegant. Everyone needs one. Me, I like them enough to need more than a few! I haven't found my holy grail sheer pink yet, but Ballerina comes close. My only issue: It's sheer enough to need 3 thick coats/4 thin ones for me to be happy with it, which makes it more chip prone than if it was slightly more opaque and needed just the standard 2 medium coats.