By Terry Baume de Rose

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%), Avobenzone (3%) Inactive Ingredients: castor seed oil, synthetic wax, diisostearyl malate tridecyl trimellitate, methyl hydrogenated rosinate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyethylene, C10-30 cholesterol/lanesterol esters, petrolatum, shea butter extract, stearalkonium hectorite, C20-40 acid, caprilic/capric triglyceride, fragrance, tocopherol, rosa centifolia flower wax, rosa damascena flower wax, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, lanolin, sodium pca, water, polysorbate 85, trihydroxypalmitamidohydroxypropyl myristyl ether, alumina, polyhydroxystearic acid, silica, methylparaben, silica dimethyl silylate, hydrolyzed wheat protein, butylene glycol, mica, titanium dioxide, carmine, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben

on 8/2/2015 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This thing is toooo OVER price!

I had my eye on this after reading all the good reviews about it. I told myself I have to buy and try it! HUGE disappointment. I was hesitated to purchase this at the first place because of the packing, I do not like stick my finger in every time, so I have to use a plastic sticker. Due to unpractical application, I have to leave this at home.

Secondly, I cannot stand the taste of it. The rose smell is nice, but as a lip product, I cannot avoid having a bit taste in my mouth. It tastes like chemical. After applying it, I had to avoid drinking water!

Thirdly, it does not moister the lip as many other lip balm does and it doesn't last either.

I think I was crazy spending AU$80 on this! Now I only use it for cuticles.

My favourite lip balm is a Korean brand - Sulwhasoo

on 7/10/2015 11:00:00 AM

The best lip balm on the market!! I have tried them all...Creme de la mer, all of them this is by far the best!!! Will always buy again and again

on 5/11/2015 2:19:00 PM

BY TERRY makes the best lip/cuticle cream I have ever used, and I have used MANY,MANY,MANY! I am already on my third tube after finding out the tubes are my preference because instead of sticking my finger in the gooey pot I'm able to use a lovely tube with a sponge applicator that allows my fingers to remain free of any product other than the cream I use from the applicator that's made of a nicely made sponge the size of a lip gloss and a tube that allows me to use me to use the sponge the size of a tiny wand that fits just on top of my cuticles and around and under them for maximum treatment. And after one week I found out that the lovely rose smelling treatment is magic and is just what I needed to make my lips soft and free of pulled tags and that I once again had heathy cuticles, which are synonym with heathy nails if I used my nails product atleast twice daily and my lip cream several times daily for healthy lips and healthy fingernails because heathy nails come from healthy cuticles and health lips come from quitting the horrible habit of biting my lips and my fingernail tips as well. So I now have healthy lips and cuticles plus the wonderful scent of roses, TERRY knows how to beat the rest of the crowd that's for sure and now she's come out with colored lips glosses in four colors that work just as well as the original but have delightful colors to add a nice shade over my bland colorless lips. So with all that to offer BY TERRY is the Trifecta Thoroughbred Winner

on 4/4/2015 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I enjoy using this Baume de Rose (the fragrance is lovely), but, honestly, it doesn't perform any better than Aquaphor. A nice splurge product.

on 4/4/2015 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I think this is one of the many cult beauty products that is overhyped. I had high expectations for this, but I felt like it did nothing extraordinary for my lips. I would recommend trying to get a sample of this before shelling out $60 for the full size. I'm glad I didn't spend $60US for this, because I would have been really upset.

I have to admit the rose scent is beautiful, but I felt like the product just slipped off my lips and provided minimal moisture. There are other (cheaper) lip balms out there that are MUCH better. I would recommend the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm over this.

on 3/31/2015 7:40:00 AM

Literally the best lip balm I have ever used. Nothing compares. Nothing even comes close.

It hydrates like no other, isn't sticky and is beautifully scented (who doesn't love the smell of roses?). Consistency is just gorgeous, so smooth and velvety. A little goes a long way which is good because it is pricey and I now refuse to go without it. Packaging is also very luxe - love the glass jar and the beautiful silver lid.

Honestly, it just keeps my dry lips in such good condition! Highly recommend if you feel like treating yourself.

on 3/25/2015 12:03:00 PM

As soon as I first used it, I knew it would be my HG lip balm/treatment. I love everything about this lip balm, the texture, the rose fragrance and how well it moisturizes my lips.
I absolutely LOVE the rose scent. It's so beautiful, and calming.

If you want to splurge in beauty treatment for your lips, I would go for this as it feels like a relaxing spa for your lips. This makes my lips looks so luscious and plush like a soft pillow. I also like the Nutri-colour version for a tinted look.

on 1/15/2015 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nothing treats my lips better than this does... It is a wonderful product. I can wear it one night and not have to apply again for a few nights. It is a great lip treatment... Couldn't live without it! No matter WHAT the cost! :-)

on 11/22/2014 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like many others, I heard amazing things about this product. I fell in love with the beautiful jar and found the rose smell a bit old fashioned, but not cloying to the point of dislike. There is a charming old world quality to it. First few times I used this product the results were lovely, especially how the faintest rose tint made my lips look both demure and modern at the same time. I even bought a jar for my sister-in-law as a gift.

Problems started however about a week into using it all the time. My lips started to feel painfully dry, much worse than when I first used the product. Actually before this product, I never felt my lips felt "old" but after a short period of use I did. Perhaps it works differently on some people than on me. Overall I would not recommend it except very occasional use. For my lips it did not work at all.

There is a much better lip treatment out there by Amore Pacific that I will start using instead.

Bottom line a very expensive product that worked against its intended purpose.

on 11/2/2014 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I received a sample of this from beauty.com. I was excited to try it after reading of its cult-like following. It doesn't feel very moisturizing to me. It is not very pleasant to use IMO. It doesn't glide on easily. I do not find it soothing. It smells an awful lot like the decorative soaps my mom had (& made me dust because they were just for looks) when I was a child. This is not a good thing for me. I just think "dusty soap" every time I put it on.

I do keep it on my vanity and sometimes put it on top of lipsticks for extra shine. It's handy when I can't find one of the dozen other lip balms I have at any given time.

But I would not buy it. It's ridiculously expensive and not my cup of tea.

Popular Lip Treatments