August 20, 2014 | 2124 users online

Lip Treatments - By Terry - Baume de Rose

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Agree with those who find this overrated.

Purchased this in the anniversary packaging. There is no doubt it makes lips look lovely; the sheen is really something special, and the lips look full and young -- airbrushed, like you see in magazines.

The problem for me is the texture and the application, and the lack of benefits beyond how it looks while it's on. It's pretty dry overall and it takes work to get it onto the lips evenly. And, it doesn't leave lips feeling moisturized unless you use a lot and repeatedly throughout the day (and sometimes even then it doesn't leave my lips feeling moisturized). Overall, I feel duped by the hype on this one. It costs A LOT FOR A LIP BALM.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by BarbiieXoX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never thought I'd actually buy this.
My lips are usually very beaten and tattered but I have bigger things to worry about.
The closest I get to lip balms are Dior Lip Glow/Chanel Rouge Coco Shine.

I bought this because the anniversary packaging looked good and because of the rose smell. If I'm going to the trouble of using a balm I might as well use this. I didn't have high expectations and didn't really care if it worked magic.

So I started using it, loved the smell and the whole motion of going into this lovely pot.
But my lips peeled. It felt like it was sitting on top of my lips instead of absorbing. Even after applying it at night, the tiniest bit, it would still be sticky on my lips in the morning.

After a few days however, I have the most plumped up baby lips ever, like I've done a lip scrub and applied a plumping serum. I've only ever seen my lips look like this once when I had been drinking litres of water.
This is not a quick fix product. I wouldn't be surprised to find better balms. But this is the only balm I own and have bought in the past decade. I wont be looking for another one, this does the job for me and the packaging is lovely. A little goes a long way so it would potentially last forever, however it expires in 12months so use it up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have ever wanted the look/feel of dewy perfect lips you may want this. If you have a man in your life you may need this :). This instantly filled out my lips and has them looking maybe 10% fuller. There is no color but there is a silver sheen that really enhances your lips. If you have darker/reddish lips you will not see the pink color you see in the Blog Review pictures, maybe obvious...but they will still look a bit rosier and have a slight lighted "aura," not bright silver or so pale it will wash you out. The color truly works with your natural tones. I am naturally tawny shade of red and this actually turns slightly mauve on me. I would recommend this to anyone who is on the fence. Why waste money on lipsticks and glosses when you haven't taken care of your lips first? Plus the fragrance is romantic and mood enhacing, very elegant. Like I said, if you have a man, you might need this!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by mink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous packaging but otherwise overrated. Given the high price, I was hoping this would be the ultimate balm for chapped winter lips, but I found that it mostly just sat on top of my lips and I did not see any improvement in condition. Also, while the pot is beautiful, it's not the most hygienic. Will not be repurchasing this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by 39Dena

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Such a beautiful balm. I apply it during the day. Very hydrating. I know it's expensive but I love it. I'll have to purchased the gloss one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by cyndiinphilly

This is my HG balm. It hydrates beautifully. I only need a small amount and it doesn't need to be reapplied as often as many others. The price is high, but since I've stopped looking for others and wasting my money, I'm ok with it. I would love if it didn't come in a jar, but the wand packing on this product doesn't feel the same or give as my hydration

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by GwenNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love with this lip balm. I alternate between this and La Mer, and this lip balm is seriously worth every penny. If you're like me and loathe stick lip balms (like fresh brand), and prefer a much more hydrating product, this is for you. The texture is very soft, and melts into the lips providing serious hydration. The lovely pink hue naturally enhances the lips and adds shine. The frosted glass jar is beautiful, and reflects the quality of the product. I always have a backup handy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by goldrauschengel

I was very curious about this product so when an online beauty store offered a miniature size of this (3 ml instead of 10) as a free gift, I immediately seized the opportunity. I definitely like this lip balm but not enough to pay the full price. The scent, look and feel of this gloss are very luxurious so it does feel special, however the moisturising effect is not as miraculous as some say. It is ok for slightly dry lips but for severe damage I can still say pure Lanolin (such as Lansinoh) works best. I would probably buy the full size if it was 20€, but it is more than twice that price!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging is nice but I tend to agree with the previous reviewer- definitely overrated and overpriced. It's a little lighter than some of the other glosses I own but I don't think it's all that special. I love the rose scent, but I could just as easily get that from Smiths Rosebud Salve. Plus, the fact that it contains parabens annoys me a bit as I can get better quality ingredient lists from much cheaper products. It does leave a slight rosy glow, but not $60 worth of glow. I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this now. I intend to use every bit of what I have, but wouldn't consider buying again at the current price point.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by rugby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is so overrated....I'm so upset with myself for giving in to the hype. Yes it has a smell like roses, however I did not notice any special conditioning properties. It felt like a dozen other lip conditioners I have used, waxy no real distinct flavor. ....after trying this I can say hands down. First aid beauty and eve lom have better lip conditioners at a fraction of the price. No I would not shell out another $60 for this product.