April 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Lip Treatments - By Terry - Baume de Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by 39Dena

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Such a beautiful balm. I apply it during the day. Very hydrating. I know it's expensive but I love it. I'll have to purchased the gloss one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by cyndiinphilly

This is my HG balm. It hydrates beautifully. I only need a small amount and it doesn't need to be reapplied as often as many others. The price is high, but since I've stopped looking for others and wasting my money, I'm ok with it. I would love if it didn't come in a jar, but the wand packing on this product doesn't feel the same or give as my hydration

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by GwenNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love with this lip balm. I alternate between this and La Mer, and this lip balm is seriously worth every penny. If you're like me and loathe stick lip balms (like fresh brand), and prefer a much more hydrating product, this is for you. The texture is very soft, and melts into the lips providing serious hydration. The lovely pink hue naturally enhances the lips and adds shine. The frosted glass jar is beautiful, and reflects the quality of the product. I always have a backup handy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by goldrauschengel

I was very curious about this product so when an online beauty store offered a miniature size of this (3 ml instead of 10) as a free gift, I immediately seized the opportunity. I definitely like this lip balm but not enough to pay the full price. The scent, look and feel of this gloss are very luxurious so it does feel special, however the moisturising effect is not as miraculous as some say. It is ok for slightly dry lips but for severe damage I can still say pure Lanolin (such as Lansinoh) works best. I would probably buy the full size if it was 20€, but it is more than twice that price!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging is nice but I tend to agree with the previous reviewer- definitely overrated and overpriced. It's a little lighter than some of the other glosses I own but I don't think it's all that special. I love the rose scent, but I could just as easily get that from Smiths Rosebud Salve. Plus, the fact that it contains parabens annoys me a bit as I can get better quality ingredient lists from much cheaper products. It does leave a slight rosy glow, but not $60 worth of glow. I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this now. I intend to use every bit of what I have, but wouldn't consider buying again at the current price point.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by rugby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is so overrated....I'm so upset with myself for giving in to the hype. Yes it has a smell like roses, however I did not notice any special conditioning properties. It felt like a dozen other lip conditioners I have used, waxy no real distinct flavor. ....after trying this I can say hands down. First aid beauty and eve lom have better lip conditioners at a fraction of the price. No I would not shell out another $60 for this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by lady1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lip balm. Tried other lip treatments that helped, but not like Terry's rose balm. Qtica - loved it in the beginning, but still struggled with scaling. Finding Terry's balm helped My perpetually dry lips suddenly to get transformed into healthy looking, smooth lips without cracks, bleeding and scaling. In one day! The price is outrageous but results are truly amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by roseb202

The packaging is quite unhygienic. Also, the combination of SPF actually has been shown in scientific research *NOT* to be good. The combination is oxinoxate with avobenzone. This degrades faster than other sunscreen combinations. Meaning that it is not as effective as a sunscreen. This was published in a scientific journal as the article title, "Unexpected Photolysis of the Sunscreen Octinoxate in the Presence of the Sunscreen Avobenzone." Anyway, if you just use it as a lip balm, it should be fine. But my quest for the perfect sunscreen lip balm continues...

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by poncholefty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Once again, MUA has steered me in the right direction. This stuff is heavenly. I am a balm junkie, but the price made me a little wary. $59 for lip balm. Really? REALLY? But it may be the best $59 I've ever spent. I got the baume and the Or De Rose. The smell of both is to die for. I keep the baume by my bed for nighttime moisture and it doesn't disappoint. I think I've been using less balm during the day (maybe this isn't a good thing ... :) ). It does go on a little thick, especially when it's a bit cold, but it warms up and soaks right into the lip. If you have dry lip problems and/or if you just want to treat yourself, this would be an excellent buy!I

EDIT: Thanks to babydolljustina for catching my error! I actually paid $59 for this not $25 (I fixed my review but thought I should 'fess up!) BUT it is still the best $59 I ever spent, and I'll totally buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by OlivianaVS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I live in a cold climate (Scandinavia) and winter makes my skin dry. I have found good products that work for my skin and that is no longer an issue. Only problem has so far been my lips. They are so severely damaged to the point they actually bleed. Every morning I scrub them with a special lip scrub and I have to use tweezers to remove the dead skin. Pain. Enough said.

I have tried everything. Vaseline, vitamin B-cream, Blistex, Carmex, Elisabeth Arden 8 hour lip treatment, 100% shea butter, you name it. All sorts of vitamin supplement ( A, B, E). None of these have worked. This was before I found reviews about Baume De Rose. I though I have to give it a try even though the price was terribly high. I am glad I did. Now, after a week of use my lips are back to normal. My lips are now simply smooth and beautiful. It is for sure, I will never be without this product.