September 17, 2014 | 1861 users online

Gels/Soaps - The Body Shop - Olive shower gel

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by mushroom8118

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this shower gel daily in the morning and I have seen amazing results with the texture of my skin. It also smells wonderful, not fake or manufactured like other body washes. The scent is lovely but subtle enough that it won't interfere or overpower anything else you're using. It is a bit runny, but that is probably due to the olive oil. Whenever you hear "oil" most people's first thought is that it is going to leave a greasy feeling or cause break outs. Not so. All I got from this was a wonderful, clean, moisturized feeling. My legs, which were dry they itched like crazy and flaked, are smooth and soft and feel fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by cakie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just not a typical shower gel I would buy normally. I mean, usually when you buy shower gel, they are either floral or fruity. But this one is actually grassy, kinda like the smell of grass after rain. Very light and refresh. It will just make you want to spend few more mins in the shower :D I didnt think about of getting this one at first, though my friend keep saying it is her fave and blah blah blah like i must try. And it was on sale, so why not :] I bought the jumbo size since I like pump bottle better, though i wish i could get more product out from each pump and it would have more bubbles... It seems like i just need to pump it twice at least.

Reg price is $15 for the jumbo. But like usual, TBS always has 50% sale, so I would say wait till it go on sale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I seriously spent an hour at ulta trying to find a shower gel. I am very particular as I don't like sweet scented gels. This is like a fresh grassy smell that is much better than Lush grass shower gel. It leaves my room smelling incredible all day and the best part is if is so moisturizing I don't need lotion. I have really dry skin so this is a must. For the size the price is great in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

It is an uncomplicated fresh smell. It just on the whole smells clean and fresh. It smell can be quantified in colours, this will be green. Grassy green.

That's what is it. Also it is quite organic as it does not contain too much crazy ingredients.

Ingredients from the website:
Organic olive oil - Helps to condition the skin. Provides small-scale farmers with a fair price, resulting in the revitalisation of the local economy and sense of community.

Glycerine - Is a water soluble moisturiser that also enriches foam and lather.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Aharshi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is an amazing product!! The smell's just wonderful! After use, you whole bathroom smells so fresh (I KNOW IT's stupid ti write, but it's true)! it totally cleanses the body and only a very small amout of the product is to be used! IT LASTS LOONNGG!! i personally love it and would surely buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favourite shower gels EVER. Although I love musky and sweet, gourmand lotions and perfumes, when it comes to shower gels, I usually go for something fresh and uncomplicated. The Body Shop's Olive Shower Gel fits the bill! A little goes a very long way when you use a loofah, and it doesn't dry the skin out. I feel so refreshed after using this! I would recommend this to anyone who wants a clean scent in the shower, both male and female.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by heinesite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I know they say soap should never be used above your neck but this soap is feels so good on my face and cleans great without over drying. I use this with the facial brush and the bar seems to last forever.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by LeehannahMitchell

I think i am the first to write thuis product a bad review but as my personal opinion i think it smells like butter.. don't get me wrong it is moisturising and i did try to use it as a hand wash, but i couldn' t stand the smell! I bought this because i thought it smelt nice in the bottle but as soon as i got it to my shower i hated it, luckily for me i bought it in the sales with the Mango and Lemon sents and these two i absolutely love!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Lissa16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this shower gel. I will admit that it grew on me. I had bought it on sale, and at first was unsure whether I likes the smell. It was definatley not like anything else I've ever smelled before. I used it at first as a hand soap in the guest bathroom. The more I used the soap, I realized that I actually loved the smell! (oh, and it also smells waaay better when it's all wet and sudsy). It smelled so fresh and clean. And it also has a very mild sweet smell that will linger, leaving people to ask 'something smells really nice, what is it?'. I eventually took it into the shower and loves it there too. It leaves my skin so smooth and fresh. Fresh and clean are the two words that describe this perfectly. And don't get me started on the smell that I can not get enough of! Im now trying to ration it by only using in once or twice a week, or on special occassions :) The only downside is the little push pump. It was fine when I was using it to just wash my hands, but pumping it onto a washcloth or a puff with enough gel to get your whole body clean is kind of an effort. It would be easier with a pop up top. But hey, That's not going to stop me from buying it again. I would buy it at full price, because it's an excellent product, but if you wanted to try it, body shop usually has some great sales, so just keep an eye out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 2nd bottle now and I think it's pretty good. I love the fresh smell and it lathers very well. However, if you look at the ingredient list the ingredients aren't so good (colourants, parabens etc.) and I run out of this very quickly so it's only worth 3 lippies. Next time I'll have a look at their earth lovers shower gels.