December 19, 2014 | 1500 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by TaySyl

This face scrub makes my night/morning face washing time a DELIGHT!
YEAH ITS SO COOL I LOVE IT

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Ditty109

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product, it really smooths out my skin when I use it every other day. I haven't noticed much difference in my acne as far as I'm concerned but it is really nice to massage into your face and is not too gentle!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Suify

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I used to love this when I was younger; but I guess as I age my skin become less oily thus doesn't benefit from this? Or, it could be simply because the new 'Apricot Scrub Blemish Fighting' is just not for me!

I have combination to oily skin, and it doesn't help that Singapore is humid all year round, plus the fact that I sleep with the AC on in the room, all the more my skin is dry from within.

I used to use 'invigorating' and it was pretty good, until I saw 'blemish fighting' and thought it would suit my combination skin, but apparently not. I scrub my face once every 2 days, because I cannot stand having whiteheads every few days when I have just extracted them. The salicylic acid could have been too much for my skin, and I will always have small patches of flaky skin around my nose (in which Vaseline helps, but it's another story altogether).

Another thing is, because this is placed on my shower rack, water tends to get collected within the cap (and it's not easily removed by opening/closing of the flap)! When I bring this overseas, I always gotta make sure that I overturn and slightly squeeze the tube just so that water can be removed thoroughly. It's so weird!

I have more than half a tube left, and decided to use it to scrub my pits instead. St Ives 'invigorating' scrub work, but not this 'blemish control' formula.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by lisaxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This used to be a Holy Grail product for me back in high school. I stopped using it for a long time and picked some up a few months back so I can start using it again. I don't know if it's been reformulated or something, but it made me break out really bad! In places I never had acne (side burn are, temples, and sides of my forehead). It's very harsh now. I'm going to try it for my feet. That will be it's only good use if it works out. I'm so glad I found a new HG worthy scrub!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Scatchy and mechanical as all-heck - not a holy grail but OK for feet and body. Not for sensitive faces - that's for sure. Way too harsh.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by rach29

Great exfoliator. I use this every other day and it helps keep my skin under control. I still need to use a clay mask once every other month to get rid of some blackheads.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by angelajj74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a true classic! I have tried a lot of different scrubs but I always seem to come back to this facial scrub. I remember using this when I was a teenager and still to this day I LOVE it. Makes my skin so soft and clean and the smell is wonderful and refreshing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by beverlywho

I love, love, love this as an every-other-day post-cleansing scrub. It's not abrasive, smells yummy, and leaves my skin feeling baby smooth. It's great for keeping my acne at bay and for gently exfoliating. And for the quality, the price is hard to beat.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by mandyomnom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Skin: Oily-combination (My forehead is dry in the morning and then its oily as the day goes on.)
Colour: N/A

Overview: An exfoliator with salicylic acid to help take away blackheads and blemishes.

Packaging: I have the newer package (the second picture at the top of the page). It is kind of appealing since it is bright, white and sleek looking. It is a squeeze tube, so it makes it really easy to take the product out.

Scent: Smells like a very floral apricot. Yup.

Texture: Creamy, with the exfoliating particles in it. All in all, gritty, just like all exfoliators.

On Skin: It is a little rough, so if little pressure is applied, it will feel just fine. It really feels like your dead skin cells are being taken away, as the little particles spread evenly around your face, as some exfoliators feel like the particles are scrubbing evenly (parts of your face has more particles than the other)

Additional: My skin felt super soft after, and after rinsing, I did see some of my scabs softened and fell off gently without irritating the new skin underneath. I have been using this for a few months, and I cannot see any benefits under the "blackhead and blemish" control claim. It did not break me out, and was overall pretty good for its price.

Thank you for reading my review! Please tell me what I can add to make it better; it would be greatly appreciated. Have a nice day :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 6:21:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the price, this is an excellent scrub. I'm not sure about its blemish-reducing properties as I use a separate salicylic correcting lotion too, but it's the best budget range scrub I've used so far. The particles are not scratchy so there's no damage to the skin and it doesn't irritate my skin which can be sensitive to certain ingredients. A definite repeat-purchase!