St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 7/16/2015 4:51:00 AM

This did nothing for my blemishes nor my black heads; it was just a regular exfoliator really. It also did nothing magical to my skin, other than scrub off the dead skin. Also, I am not sure about these two things, however...

1. I read a few articles which claimed the tiny beads/scrubbing things in products such as this actually damages your skin. Especially since most of us are not as gentle as we should be.

2. An esthetician told me the PH of St. Ives scrubs are way too high for skin. I'm not sure if she said this to convince me to buy her products or if it is real.

Regardless, I see no real benefit for me to continue using/purchasing this product.

* You can use chemical exfoliators instead of physical exfoliating. I find it difficult to not go back to scrubs, just because I love the feeling of scrubbing my face, so I alternate my products and use both types. *

Just a Tad bit on the pricey side for facial cleanser I believe I paid a little over 5 dollars for it but I don't regret it one bit. I am very acne prone as my skin is very sensitive. I tend to break out from stress, poor diet, soda, menstruation, and even sweat or wearing a motorcycle helmet. You can see my frustration. After using this one time my face felt less oily, my pores were definitely open, and it just had that nice squeaky clean face feeling.Also, my acne is clearing. I have major issues with what I like to call invisible pimples. The ones you can't see but you definitely feel. Typically reside in the oily parts of the face such as the nose and chin. I have found no trace of any invisible pimples on my face at all and I've only used this once. Great buy.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The first time I used this product it broke my skin out in a huge red rash & left it burned on both cheeks. The next day I realized i had dry patches & it took 1 week of moisturizing to get my skin back to normal. Would not recommend if you have sensitive skin and a lot of open pores because it is way too abrasive.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I will admit that when first using this product I was a bit off put by the initial rough texture when scrubbing my face with it, but then, I swear the very next day, my skin looked and felt AMAZING.
I have very sensitive skin, with a bit of redness, and I tend to break out when it's that time of the month, as most people do. This scrub cleared up any blemishes and a lot of my redness, and surprisingly, did not irritate my skin in the slightest (most likely due to the all natural formulation). I've always been wary to try new face washes due to my sensitive skin, but I do not regret switching to this product from a clean and clear one, at all.
I am in love with this product, it does exactly as it says it will, by ridding my skin of any blemishes I have, cleansing it, making my skin softer and minimizing my pores. It smells very clean with a soft hint of apricots which is lovely. I love that it's all natural, and also very cheap.
I have purchased three of these scrubs already, and will repurchase again when I inevitably run out. I highly recommend these to anyone looking for a great and affordable face wash, and especially so if you have sensitive skin.

on 4/27/2015 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

WARNING TO THOSE WITH EXISTING CYSTIC AND SWELLING ACNE: I recommend to use this as a mask rather than rubbing this as a scrub. Five years ago, I was a victim of the drastic acne problem that i've almost tried every kind of treatment for my acne. I tried a lot of products and spent much on facial clinics and dermas. {Though, for the benefit of you guys, treating your acne medically with the aid of a good dermatologist is the best solution, but you need to really search for a reliable one that is price-wise and not those clinics that will just leave you penniless and still crying out loud for the unsolved acne disaster!}
On my desperation, i opt for some drugstore/department store products thinking that these might help.
Honestly, I am not a big fan of drugstore skincare products for at some reasons, i hate it when it's too commercialized. But i gave this scrub a try.
Because it is too grainy, I massaged this gently on damp face and left it for about 5mins before rinsing. After the 1st use, i felt my skin was so smooth and refreshed and my pores were smaller. It's great before applying your anti-ace products for it makes your skin raw thus making your serums and essences more effective.
Now, it's been 5 years of acne-free, scar-free and blemish-free face. I use this at night before applying my hanskin snail essence and kiehl's midnight recovery concentrate.
TIPS:
As your skin is cleared from acne/pimples, continue using this as part of your night time regimen.
CLEANSER AND RINSE> THIS SCRUB>LEAVE FOR 5MINS>USE FACIAL SPONGE FOR FURTHER EXFOLIATING WHILE THE SCRUB IS STILL IN FACE AND RINSE(if you were on a heavy make-up during the day or having a stressed face during the day)>MILD FACIAL FOAM(i suggest cucumber facial foams that will soothe your skin after exfoliation)and of course, RINSE>TONER>FACIAL MASK(use on lazy weekends)>ESSENCE> CONCENTRATE/SERUM>SNAIL CREAM
For me this is the reason why my skincare products are working so much for me because it really exfoliates my skin, gets rid of blackheads/whiteheads, makes my skin so smooth (though raw), and really primes my skin for my regimen.
Plus, I always have this glow of having that dewy or polished face.
It's a cheap way to have diamond peel/microdermabrasion feel on skin but all natural.
If you have some existing pimples or breakouts, use this as a mask on those affected area. Put the scrub on dry face esp on pimples and leave it as a mask for 15 mins and rinse. You might feel it will dry up but it's ok, it's the real purpose of it for the pimple to clear out, right?:)

on 4/10/2015 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

IF YOU HAVE ACNE PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS!!!!
I have rubbish skin....acne on my chin and jawline. .dry and blotchy...I'm 34!
After using many acne treatments and creams..gels...cleansers etc..my skin had litrally dried up...putting foundation on to cover spots and scars was becoming useless...tried another cream...skin doctors resurfacing cream...HUGE MISTAKE! Got up next day...skin was like a sun dried tomato..itchy and so tender...I washed my face it got worse...I put loads of my regular moisturiser on...it stung and burnt...so had to splash cold water on my face....I ran the chemist with a pitiful excuse for make up on (my skin looked like a dried out lake)...I got aveeno cream (please see my review on that gem)....so my skin has healed a lot now thanks to my new fab find at the chemist. ...onto the st ives scrub....I bought this prior to my skin disaster so couldn't use it til two days ago...I have to say I love this scrub...its creamy and very exfoliating. ..yer its a bit ruffer then some others but grains are not too big...right size I think...it feels nice on skin if you don't rub way to hard..smells nice...after rinsing my skin isn't tight and it feels so much smoother...and my moisturiser sinks into my skin tons better....so far so good...hasn't caused any issues no breakouts...no drying....I love it.
It got rid of the last of my flakes....skin looks best it has in years...I think this is due to backing away from more chemically inhanced products for acne....and choosing gentler products. ..I use a cream cleanser...this st ives scub...and aveeno moisturiser. ..and I use my prescribed differin cream on the active acne only....I know this is a long review...but I know how hard acne can be...and how we try so many harsh chemicals on our skin to help with it....but this can really make things worse. ..after 4 days yep just 4 days of using just 3 products...cream cleanser...st Ives scrub...and aveeno moisturiser my skins best its been in a very long time....smoother softer less red....even my acne scars are slightly lighter...and my make up glides on now. ...
All you want in a scrub is for it to be gentle enough not to burn....good enough to remove dead skin....and to leave skin smooth and clean...this scrub does them things perfectly!
10/10....sticking with this new skin care routine. ...no more acne washes creams lotions or potions that aggravate sting and dry out my skin.....;)

on 3/27/2015 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- makes your face feel super clean
- gentle

CONS:
- none so far

on 3/27/2015 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Back when I had acne issues, this was the only thing that seemed to help even the slightest bit. My face has since stopped breaking out so much but this is still a staple in my face wash routine. The bottle lasts a great amount of time since you need such a small amount of the scrub. I don't find that it's the best at exfoliating but it does make my face feel really soft and doesn't dry it out at all; in fact I think it might actually moisturize a bit. I love this and wouldn't know what to do without it.

on 3/24/2015 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I just bought the Apricot Scrub today, and was very excited to try it out. I've noticed with scrubs that it's much easier to apply and rinse off while in the shower. So come shower time, I was hyped to give it a try.
It cost me 5 US$ so I figured if it turned out to be horrible, no financial harm done. But I was very optimistic after reading reviews on MakeupAlley.
I would warn anyone using this scrub not to apply the scrub with too much pressure. The scrub seems to do its job, so all that is really needed is to apply it gently to the face. (No need for the actual scrubbing of the product onto your face, even if it is called a 'scrub'.) Using a lot of pressure to apply it would probably do more harm than good - as it would irritate the skin to an extent that is unnecessary.
The smell and feel of the scrub is fantastic. It left my skin feeling super smooth and not dry at all. I wouldn't recommend using it more than 3 or 4 times per week though. Simply because of how well it seems to work. I think using it on a daily basis would irritate and dry out the skin.
I've got dry/sensitive skin, especially around my cheek area. Thus, I didn't use the scrub there. I mainly focused on the 'T' zone (forehead, nose & chin).
After the scrub, I used 'Clarins Toning Lotion with Camomile'. My skin has never felt so great! Now I've just got to find an amazing moisturizer to complete my facial skincare routine.

on 3/21/2015 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love how this helped to improve my complexion.
It has brightened it and made it much more smooth.
This scrub has added a glow back to my skin that I was missing.
I am very happy with this product and whenever I am having a hormonal breakout it really helps before they get out of control. I apply and scrub gently and leave on for a few minutes especially in blemish prone areas. After washing my face to remove makeup I use this 3-4 times a week since I have oily skin, which tends to be a bit thicker and cells stick together more and can benefit from exfoliation.
Also I only use this in the shower as it can be quite messy.
Out of the St. Ives scrubs this is my favorite with the original being second.
For some reason I feel like this one exfoliates my skin better.
This paired with Noxzema has made all the difference for my oily skin.
I am much MUCH more balanced for the first time in my life!!! Go figure two classics that have been around for ages are all my skin needed to look its best. Love them both.
The only complaint I have is that it can be hard to get the rest of the product out when your reaching the end even when there is plenty left.
I personally like the tubs but wish they had a flip top to make it easier to open and close instead of having to screw and unscrew a top in the shower.