July 28, 2014 | 2028 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Forever Strong

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love these nail varnishes - they're the only ones I repurchase again and again! I own French Manicure, Porcelain Pink and a Nude colour and they really are long lasting. I find them to be quite fast drying, even though they don't claim to be and very shiny, although they definitely need two coats to be opaque. Most of all I love these nail varnishes for the colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by loopymonkey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this in Nude Rose for 1 in my local Factory Shop. I swatched a lot of neutral pinks for my wedding day on 1st oct and I ended up choosing this one, it applied easily and evenly and had a lovely shiney finish. One coat was opaque but I always apply two, I only removed this polish today (four days later) and it was still in excellent condition, in fact it still looked newly applied.

This is the longest I have worn the same colour for as I usually change on a daily basis. I will be certain to check out other shades in the range.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Belle7x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in Porcelain Pink. Absolutely love it, it's a pretty colour and is very long lasting. However it is quite thick therefore it can take a while to dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by slightlyobsessive

I bought this in the shade Winner Takes It All, which is gold, the exact same colour as a coin really....I put it on the day I bought it even though I knew it would chip off that night in work as I have never found a polish that lasts through work. To my surprise, there were only a couple of chips afterwards so I have given this polish a high rating because I have never found another that was able to last so well without chipping. The colour is nice too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by britishgal92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this! Although as yet I've only tried one, it's a beautiful colour and kind of a staple. (Tornado rose) I recently painted my nails with it again then added the Barry M pink glitter 'pink iridescent' and now have lovely Barbie pink glittery nails :p
Application was above average and I was really impressed by how long this lasted with barely any chipping - many brands promise durability but only a few of them actually do last! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Above all else this tapered brush is the best thing to ever happen to the home manicure.

I have 'Taupe Couture' and 'Rose Salsa' and I would definitely buy more. They have great pay-off and the Rose Salsa in particular gets that perfect opaque sherbet but high shine finish after only one coat and dries fairly quickly.

Its last a good 5 five days without a chip but once it does if you press another nail just around the edge the entire nail comes off in one easy sheet of colour. Now I KNOW you're not supposed to pick-off your polish but its a habit of mine that is not going any where and this polish comes off easily and without damaging my nails.

The colours are good, not the best, but between the single coat application, high shine long lasting finish, easy peel-off, and the world's most perfect easy application brush this is my current favourite polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by julia89

I'm not usually a Maybelline fan, their products aren't terrible per se but they aren't usually the best either. Having said that I love this polish. I own the clear one which I bought to replace the Nails Inc Kensington Cavier top coat which I found to be absolutely dreadful.

Forever Strong is more than half the price of the Kensington Cavier (4.99 compared to 12.00) and it leaves my nails so shiny and smooth and lasts AGES without chipping. The brush is absolutely fantastic, this polish is the easiest one I have ever applied and I have applied A LOT of polish :P

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by xificanthaveyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this nail polish! First of all, the brush is genius. It's flat and dome shaped and perfect!
The color range is okay - there are a few ultra gorgeous ones, and then the rest is forgettable or hideous. I have one in Rose Nude which is the perfect wearable vintage, dirty, rosy pink and I have the clear one which is a case of its own. I love the clear one! I use it as a base coat AND a top coat, and my nail polish lasts for four to five days with only minimal chipping. It's a better top coat than the ones that are marketed as one, and it doesn't stain my nails since it acts like a seperater between the pigment in the colored polish and the nail. Staining is really all I worry about my base coat taking care of because I already have pretty strong, fast growing nails.
I'm half way through the bottle and it's not going goopy on me or anything - it's still as perfect a polish as it was when I bought it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by lerayn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After purchasing AVON Speed Dry+ in Twilight Blue (blue/black) color for 6 which chipped within the first few hours of application I searched the internet for another similar color (shame as the Avon color was beautiful) I came across Maybelline Forever Strong in 'Midnight Blue 650' for 1.50 on ebay and thought what do I have to lose?! I think it was an 'older' stock though because it doesn't have the updated labelling (only says +IRON on the front, not calcium and silica) and after 2 coats it seemed to go a little gloopy, but here I am 5 days after application and NO chips whatsoever!!! I am totally blown away by this, it's the first nail polish I have ever used that has lasted this long. I applied 2 coats and I'm about to apply my 3rd just to make it look a bit more polished. I am a photographer so my hands are constantly typing, clicking, moving props, plugging and unplugging lights etc, so it's hard to keep my nails so nice but this polish really worked for me. Definately going to repurchase more shades including a clear top coat. I have only took one lippie off because it went gloopy, but other than that fab color payoff, strength and value for money. I will also add that my nails feel MUCH stronger whilst wearing this, they are not bendy or soft like with other brands. The brush is an absolute god-send aswell, as with most other brushes they are cut straight across, whereas the maybelline brush is curved meaning you make NO mistakes at your cuticles (really hate that with dark colors as you have to completely take it off and re-do it or it looks a mess). One word sums this product up, amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Really good consistency (not too runny, but not too thick either), goes on smoothly, beautiful glossy finish. It lasts for about 4 days without major chipping. Perfect size brush for smooth application.
I bought a dark red and then went back to repurchase a natural baby pink.