October 24, 2014 | 939 users online

Polishes - OPI - It's All Greek To Me

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yes, yes, yes, I would absolutely repurchase this polish! I'd give it 10 lippies if I could. As I said in my other recent nail polish reviews, a beauty supply store near me has a bin of discontinued OPI colours marked down to half price. Almost every day, on my way home from work, I stop in to pick up a new one and It's All Greek to Me is the latest addition.

I love EVERYTHING about this polish - the rich rosy pink colour, the beautiful glitter, the good coverage and application. It covers well in one coat and absolutely perfectly in 2 and it applies evenly and without streaks or "dragging". I put this on my toes last night and it is just so pretty. Even though today is a bit on the cool side, I really want to wear sandals just so I can show off my toes. I'm so pleased I took a chance on this shade. I haven't tried it on my finger nails yet but will probably do a polish change in a few days and put this on to test finger nail wear! And on my way home today, I may just stop in and get a second bottle of this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by polishnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OPI's It's All Greek to Me is a shimmery bright pink fuchsia polish with red undertones. In the bottle it looks redder than it does on the nail; however, I found that in outdoor lighting, on me it's the exact color as in the bottle. For reference, I have slight yellow undertones in my pale complexion, so this did pull warmer red tones most of the time. Also, at certain angles there is a very slight golden sheen that can be seen in this polish. It's not visible all the time, but there is a bit of gold as well as red in this polish which blend together and keep it from being an in-your-face, obnoxious 1980s fuchsia pink. All that being said, this color is VERY bright and, IMO, is more of a summer color than winter pink.

The application was to die for with this one. I had bottle color and total opacity in two coats and the finish was super-shiny (even before the topcoat!) and extremely glossy after Seche Vite. When finished, the polish has almost a "glowy" quality (even for a pink!). The finish on this polish is shimmery but not frosty. The wear time was very good, and I was able to get four days with no chipping. (If it had been summer and not close to Christmas, I could have left it on longer.)

All in all, this might be my go-to summer pink and I'd definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by missleahchristine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

favorite polish EVER! I wear this all seasons, although I especially love it in summer. STAPLE for me. I've been using this for years and I will never get sick of it! The only thing is it does chip after a couple days but just a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by anna0banana

Really great polish!! Beautiful colour and great consistency. I do prefer this on my toes since I think it's a little too "frosty" for my fingers. (No, I don't mean shimmery. I LOVE shimmery nail polishes. I'm not sure how to describe it any other way, and I have ran into this problem with another polish before. I just feel that it doesn't look as good on my fingers as it does on my toes.)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by PinkAfroQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy wearing this hot pink nail lacquer on my fingernails (I would also wear it on toe nails too). On me it's shimmery and almost fuchsia looking but defiently bright. I think it has a way of making my hands appear more youthful. I would buy this again if I ever run out of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by em1282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is like a hot pink on steroids. Kind of like a drag queen pink and I mean that in the best way possible. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by jay4jazz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite hot pink colour at the moment. It's All Greek To Me is a deep hot pink with a red lean to it and looks fun and summery. I've only worn it in summer when I have a tan, but it might be a bit much in winter months. It's similar to Pompeii Purple but without the purple sheen. If I ran out, I'd definitely buy this again, but I doubt I will as you get so much polish; OPI is quite expensive here in NZ so that is saying something!

The longer I wear this, the more I love it and the more beautiful it is. At night, it looks a lot more red and sophisticated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by canmorg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is such a cheery pink color. Looks lovely on toes and because it's OPI you know that it'll be great quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Kallisandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OPI never fails. Really HOT pink on the verge of being red with tons of shine. You know it's a beautiful color when other girls ask you what you just got painted on and they want the same color. I usually put it on my toes though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 5:48:00 AM More reviews by MissJenn909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this colour! It's All Greek To Me is a hot pink/red/fuchsia with lots of shimmer! It is a perfect colour which was opaque in three coats. It flatters my skin-tone well. Application was easy, the polish applied smoothly and evenly on my nails. It also dried very quickly. The colour is super shiny and glitters in the sun. It also sparkles in the shade. I bought this for $20AUD at David Jones and I highly recommend it.