October 24, 2014 | 1442 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Alberto Vo5 - Nourishing Oasis Shampoo with Lavender and chamomile

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this shampoo. It smells so good!
It makes my hair so soft, smooth and shiny.
I actually found it at the dollar store! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2006 12:25:00 AM More reviews by JavaBeaner

I guess I'm the minority here, but I gave this shampoo/conditioner several chances to prove itself - - but the result was always the same = DRY & BRITTLE HAIR. Nothing nourishing about it. :-(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2005 2:08:00 AM More reviews by skizzerkid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've tried every shampoo to make my short, shaggy hair look shiny. I have dark hair, and the color is naturally dull (i'm trying to go au naturel again...!), but this stuff gets it clean without stripping it, and doesn't build up. my hair is shiny and not frizzy at all. plus, it seems that the more expensive the shampoo, the more irritating it is to my scalp. no irritation here. and i freaking LOVE the smell. i will buy again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2005 8:38:00 PM More reviews by onion5

As far as really inexpensive drugstore shampoos go, this is one of my favourites. At first the scent sort of seemed masculine to me. But getting those oh-so-lovely fresh whiffs of the scent during the day was really pleasing to me. The bottle indicates "calm and condition" and I really do think it does calm my hair. I don't have wild hair or anything but it is naturally wavy and those waves, when air-dried, can be quite frizzy. This just lets my hair dry nice and smooth all on it's own (I do use the conditioner as well.) Also, I feel that I can use this on a daily basis without any creepy buildup. Oh yeah, not to be negative, but I absolutely DESPISE the commericals for Oasis products! Ugh, that girl... her voice... yuck. (Bottle states not tested on animals) UPDATE DEC 9/05: I took away two lippies because prolonged use caused my head to itch like mad. Blah.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2005 5:06:00 PM More reviews by myshoes

This is a good reasonably priced shampoo. The smell is very fresh, soothing and herbal - and it lasts! The scent is so nice, it's almost intoxicating.

It produces a rich lather, but when the shampoo is all rinsed out, it leaves your hair squeeky (which really bothers me), although it becomes softer after the creamy conditioner is applied. The shampoo rinsed very clean and does not leave a buildup, though it feels like it's stripping some moisture from my hair. This must be used with the conditioner for the best results. I will use the rest of the bottle and switch to something less drying. I will miss that amazing fragrance though.

Bonus: This product is not tested on animals.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2005 1:20:00 AM More reviews by pixieXstix420

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, gals..this stuff seriously put me to sleep in the shower! Sooo relaxing and comforting..The scent made me feel like I was laying in a garden somewhere..Deffinatly an A+ product, expecially for the cheap-o price..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2005 3:19:00 PM More reviews by aligator

Let me start off by saying I only use salon shampoos and conditioners. Right now I am using Pureology's Hydrate line.. But I went to smell this shampoo in Target and just had to buy it!! It smells sooo good!! I was a little skeptical about how well this product would perform in my hair because I have had bad experiences with Vo5, in general. I have been using this shampoo for about a week now and still love the smell! I use this shampoo with it's matching scented conditioner and my hair feels so smooth, soft and manageable! I think I would continue to use this because it's so cheap! $2 a bottle! Plus the smell is just heavenly.. I can't say that enough. For the price, why shouldn't you give it a whirl?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2005 7:59:00 PM More reviews by edie4711

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I spent two weeks using this shampoo before reviewing, just to be sure. I wash my thick color-treated hair every other day, and for this experiment I followed each wash with the Oasis Lavender & Chamomile Conditioner.
Background: Kind of funny the first reviewer was also using Redken. Redken All Soft has been my HG for years; it's not the priciest shampoo, but it is defnitely not drugstore-priced, so I was trolling for a drugstore HG to supplement my shampooing adventures. I picked this up based on the scent and on the overwhelmingly positive MUA reviews of the Oasis line.
Verdict: THIS ROCKS. Product lathers well (if you think of a quarter-sized dollop, I'm using about fifty cents) and rinses clean. It smells great, the smell lingers (I can smell it when I swing my hair, even the next day), doesn't strip, doesn't dry, doesn't make my hair flyaway, doesn't coat, doesn't weigh my hair down, doesn't do anything awful. What it does do is leave my hair clean, healthy-looking, and shiny. I'm in love. And for, what was it? A dollar, USD? two dollars at the most? That's what I call a bargain. I love it. I want to repurchase by the vat-ful; I want them to back the tanker truck up to my house. I will be sampling the other flavors of the Oasis line next--at this price, I can afford them all! ***EDIT I didn't really specify clearly but what I love this for is a supplement, not my all-the-time. It helped remove the buildup that the All Soft tends to leave over a long period of use, but after a week of Vo5 I went back to the All Soft because the dimethicone helps it appear more sleek. So please bear that in mind while reacting to my review. :) continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2005 8:48:00 PM More reviews by smrtblnd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using Redkin smooth down about a year and got sick of spending so much on shamppos and conditioners for my long highlighted blonde hair. My hair also was looking dull and limp. When this happens I branch out and try a cheaper drug store brand to strip the product build up. I thought the V05 Oasis products had a great scent and decided on the Lavender and chamomile since chamomile is supposed to be good for blonde hair. This shampoo is amazing! As is the matching conditioner. It lathers great, rinses clean, leaving my hair sleek and shiny..I could tell after I rinsed this is a great product..and soo cheap. The scent OMG its wonderful. Fills the shower and actually stays in my hair all day. A very subtle soft fragrance that I can smell as my hair moves. I rarely find that in a shampoo. My hair actually is in better shape after 2 weeks of almost daily cleaning. I'm going to be using this product forever. To think of all the money down the drain for the high end products I've been using. continued >>