November 20, 2014 | 1718 users online

Styling Products - Joico - JoiWhip (formerly I.C.E. WHIP)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is wonderful for keeping the curl in my hair and it has provides amazing hold against wind and humidity. I agree with some of the other reviewers that this tends to make my hair air-dry flat against my head until I shake it out and fluff a bit with my fingers. I'm not sure why this happens. I like a little more volume with my curls despite the fact that my hair is already thick enough and has a medium texture. Other than that, it does make my hair shiny and less frizzy, plus any crunchiness can be scrunched out with no flaking. I am also lucky to get second day hair from this which is rare for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by taylordugas

Ok, so I've never done a hair product review before, but I felt like I NEEDED to say something about this product. I gave it a 5 for pricing, even though it IS a little bit expensive, only because this product is WORTH the price, if not more. I can't say enough good things about it. I've been through EVERYTHING! And it's just a bonus that it's available at pretty much any Shoppers Drugmart in my city.
For starters, let me just say my hair is a mess of curls, to put it lightly. I have some pieces that are 3a and others that are 3b. The back of my hair tends to poof up and out more than the rest of my hair as well, making it look almost like an inverted bob. The pieces in the front are much less curly than the back, so you can understand my frustration! I've been through tons of products off CurlMart and nothing has given my hair the results that JoiWhip has. The curls in the front are more springy and the ones in the back are much more tame, making my hair look all one length again! I have dare I say, GORGEOUS curls with it! They're shiny, healthy looking and virtually frizz free. AND no crunch! I can't credit this product enough. Please give it a shot!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by 1017

This mousse frustrates me. Everything about it should be awesome, but certain parts bug me. I have very, very fine wavy/curly hair that I diffuse dry to get more volume.

Pros:
I love the strong hold. My hair was blown around in crazy wind and it still held pretty nicely. And it really helps encourage curl formation and hold. For a salon brand it is pretty affordable for how much you get too. It also smells nice. And the holding power is great.

Cons:
When first done my hair was extremely crunchy which you can usually shake out, but it was clinging to my head. And the crown of my hair was flat while the sides were very curly & tight. Now after that wind came and loosened up my curls, it looked better...but it still kept falling so flat against my head. And when my hair was first done, it had that too tight against my head, crunchy, wet, look. Again, you can usually shake it out, but I couldn't get it off my my head...it just laid against it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Laski

Unfortunately, I didn´t like this. Maybe I had a bad batch, because it came out of the can not really as a fluffy foam, but quite liquid and only puffed up on my hand a bit. I found it makes my hair feel dry-ish without any gain concerning looks or volume...so - no success here.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by amcavalli

Love this mousse. I have type 3a, fine curly hair a little past my shoulders with long layers in it. I usually use gel but it flakes horribly and makes my hair feel dirty pretty quickly, so I decided to explore other styling products. After reading some reviews, I settled on Joico JoiWhip and I’m so glad I did. I put a quarter size amount in my damp hair, let air dry, and voila—beautiful, defined curls, with little to no frizz. It feels so nice and light, and there's no buildup. It's a little on the pricey side for mousse, but I purchased it on Amazon for about $11 and it seems it'll last for a long time. As far as packaging goes, I've been using it for about a month and so far no issues with the can. All in all, a great find.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by curlylocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Where has this been all my life? I've got shoulder length (when dry), 3b curls and have been using (fairly successfully) a combo of 2-3 different products (Biotera Leave in condish, Biotera styling gel and AG:ReCoil) to achieve a result that still wasn't good as this mousse alone! I probably used a little more than necessary at first because I didn't realize how well the product would distribute. I diffused for a couple of minutes and voila, my hair dried to a perfect finish. :) Defined curls but not weighed down. I should add that I also ran errands later in 95 degree/53% humidity weather. Not a problem. :)

My only issue will be that to get the best price on this, I'll likely have to mail order, but at least it's pretty available if I run into a jam. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by rocketinthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gives great volume for my short, thick slightly wavy hair. Can be drying if you use too much and have short hair like me, but that's with any mousse. The fact that it doesn't contain alcohol is a plus. I also love the smell, although I can't really describe what it smells like..

will repurchase =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cyberangel

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best styling product for curly hair. I put this in and then do a Ouidad style (youtube this if you want to learn a great styling technique for curlies) and... Voila! Perfect smooth ringlets. Really smoothes out my curls and tames volume. I very rarely repurchase products but this is one I buy overad over...In fact, I make sure to have extra so I do not run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by curlyjo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

What's with the negative reviews? This is the BEST mousse on the market and I've been using it for as long as I can remember. I have long curly hair and this is the one product that I always go back to. I've recommended it to a lot of curlies and they love this once they try it. I rake it through my hair, air dry and that's it. I scrunch out the crunchies on this product when dry but there isn't much of that. My hair is always frizz free and shiny - always. I can't live without this one product - I think I've been using it for fifteen years now - LOVE THIS STUFF.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by vmaria

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Returned. Maybe this would be of use to someone with less volumous hair - mine expanded to a puff ball and the mousse dried up my hair. It didn't matter whether I used very little or very much; it provided no lift at the roots and gave my hair a plastic feel. It did provide hold, but the hold was crunchy.

I don't think this product was right for me. I would gladly pay the $20 for this product if it worked, but it wasn't compatible with my hair.