April 16, 2014 | 1936 users online

Treatments (Eye) - DERMAdoctor - Wrinkle Revenge Rescue & Protect Eye Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Beatrice28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this eye balm, Dermadoctor's Physical Chemistry microdermabrasion scrub and Calm Cool & Corrected cream from an insistent Dermadoctor saleswoman. Wow, they have the cheap, bad packaging! After only a couple weeks, the cap cracked off. (The one on the store tester was cracked too, which should have been a warning.) Then around the same time, the push-down dispenser for both Physical Chemistry and Calm Cool & Corrected cream stopped working!!

As for the product itself, this eye cream has a smooth, emollient texture and hydrates well. But I got milia in the corner of my eye that hasn't disappeared despite using a 2% salicylic acid gel on it for two weeks! As far as lightening dark circles goes, the saleswoman assured me the vitamin K, vitamin C and caffeine in this cream would brighten them. It did nothing, unfortunately.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Burgschki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product for 40 Euro on Amazon and I must say I wasn't overwhelmed at first. My issues are mainly eye bags/circles due to lack of sleep, irritated eyes and well, not being 22.

In terms of reducing dark circles this product did not make a big difference. I used it for about 2 months and I must say that once I stopped I realized that it did do a great job in terms of reducing swelling. While using this product I woke up every morning with bright eyes even though I applied a generous amount on both my upper and lower eyelids. And this used to be one of my main issues, swollen eyes due to allergies, sensitivity etc.. It did not tighten my under-eye area which I had hoped, but smoothed it and I must say I think it had an effect on the fine lines under my eyes.

All in all, a very good eye cream. Bit on the pricey side and I am still looking for that perfect one which will tighten and "push up" my under-eye area and make me look less tired.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by jaseyrae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would prefer if this was in a controllable pump bottle, I hate the jar style packaging, but know it's common for eye creams.
I don't have a lot to say about this- it's a basic eye cream that does a little bit of everything.
I like this for many reasons: I love the cooling effect it gives; I love that it's approved for use on the upper eye lid; and love the hydration it gives, and a little bit goes a long way- it lasts forever.
But there are things I don't love: I have been using this for a few months now and feel like it hasn't done anything significant as far as fine lines or darkness. I don't have a lot of fine lines or under eye circles, so maybe it would have more results on someone with more obvious fine lines and darkness.
I probably wouldn't repurchase this again because I want to try new products, but I think this is a great eye cream for hydration and puffiness.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by hiyaluv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE! Ive always had issues with my eyes, from lines to bags and darkness. After hearing that I should use a cream specifically for under eyes and being skeptical and thinking my regular face moisturizer was fine, I did an impulse buy at Sephora. The sales lady recommended this product and I must say I love it! Overall I think it has helped with all of my issues. Just recently my husband said to me, "you know I dont notice as much darkness under your eyes as before." This product has been my only change, so suffice to say it works! Hoping to get prego soon, so sad to say I may have to stop using this for a while (if anyone has any safe suggestions, pls email me!), but I definitely recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by AlexAlexAlex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great, moisturizing eye cream. I am 29 and have super dry skin prone to millia and dark circles. I use this under my eyes and on my eyelids day and night. It's made a moderate, though not dramatic, difference in my blue/purple dark circles. Mostly, it just keeps my under-eye area soft and plump.

It doesn't last me as long as I would like, and replacing every two or three months gets pricey. The tub it comes in is not great-- a lot of potential for bacteria transfer.

Overall, I will keep buying it because 1) it does make some slight difference in my dark circles and NOTHING else seems to and 2) I like the Dermadoctor brand and trust this for prevention and to keep my eyes looking youthful into my 30s and 40s.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Toro1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for quite some time now with no irritation, burning, etc. Has really helped with my crows feet.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Don't even bother. My eyes watered and stung every time I put this on, even though I made sure that I had a buffer between the cream and my eye. My undereye area began looking even dryer, and I had to put Aquaphor under my eyes several times just to try to rehydrate them. Don't buy unless you have super-tough under-eye tissue.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by medsmku

I used this for about 3 months, which I consider a fair trial. Had to stop because it has retinol and I'm now pregnant. Some points to consider:

1) Those of you looking for a product that is super-moisturizing should look elsewhere. This is pretty light, which was fine with me, as I'm not too dry under the eye anyway.

2) It didn't irritate my skin.

3) It didn't do anything for the 2 wrinkles under my left eye that I was trying to improve upon.

All around, a nice light moisturizer that didn't really do what it said on the packaging. Oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by julinko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Im adding this review because I just found myself shelling out another $45 + shipping from Sephora because this is not available in Canada.
Not gonna lie, I have severe dark circles. Ive always had them but due to weight loss (unplanned) they have become even more pronounced.

I read a comment by a MUAer on day and decided to give this a try, since I feel like I have tried so many of the anti-dark circle stuff products out there. I use this morning and evening around my eyes. Cant really definitively say 'yes, this product addressed this specific issue', more of an overall brightening effect.

Do I still have really dark circles? Yep
Does this eye cream help alot? Yep

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by misschristie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a skincare fanatic with serious skin sensitivities (perioral dermatitis). With that said, this eye cream is a-ok. It's surely hydrating and non-irritating. Other super hydrating creams have the tendency to cause milia or periorbital dermatitis just under my eye. Wonderfully, this cream does not! HOWEVER, I like my anti-aging products to really give me anti-aging results. So when given the choice, I'd much rather use my Ole Henrikson Truth Is In The Eyes or my Caudalie Vinoperfect Cell Renewal Night Cream. What these products offer that DERMAdoctor Wrinkle Revenge Rescue & Protect Eye Balm does not is a wonderful tightening effect. I rub my eyes constantly in my sleep due to dryness, making the hood over my eyes, especially on one eye, loose and crepey. When using the Caudalie and Ole Herikson products mentioned, the hood is more taut and plump. While all these eye creams are great for sensitive skin, DERMAdoctor's fails to visibly deliver the anti-aging effect it claims to offer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No