Sonia Kashuk Eye Palette in Neutral

4.4

Amazing for the price, lots of great colors. Maybe not as good as higher end eye shadows, but still definitely worth it for day to day based on the price.

on 7/16/2015 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This palette is GREAT
It is so hard to find all matte shadows, especially at the drugstore or walmart/target. I was really impressed with the quality of the shadows! When I first opened it and swatched it, I couldn't believe my eyes!
The shades layer and blend incredibly well! Definitely worth having

The consistency is silky and blendable!
They're not overly soft and buttery like the Lorac (I actually hate the consistency of the lorac pro palettes bc they're too soft and mushy and easy to over-blend). This palette is similar to how the too faced shadows feel, and they're almost as good as too faced shadows. This is a billion times better than the maybelline the nudes palette or really any drugstore shadows (and some high end shadows! I really prefer formulas like this palette's). I think they're softer than wet n wild shadows or maybelline shadows, but not as soft as laura mercier or lorac shadows (which are too soft, in my opinion)
A lot of drugstore shadows smell gross, like powdery costume makeup (ex: elf and cg), but a good indicator of great quality is that these do not smell like that!
Some might find the shadows slightly dry, but that's not an issue as long as your eye area is hydrated and you use a primer. A few of the browns look the same at first glance, but they actually show up differently on the eye. They're either lighter or darker and have different undertones

It is sooo easy to layer and blend these shadows!
I think this would be great for someone who is looking to get better at their eyeshadow application and do more advanced looks.
There is a nice range of light, dark, peachy, warm, and cool shades and many transition colors. This palette can be easily paired with other shadows to enhance looks! Neutral matte shadows are a staple that go with every look.
The $20 price is such a good deal considering you're getting 12 beautiful shades that work well together.
Matte colors are flattering on all ages and very forgiving on mature skin.
I'm not a huge fan of the packaging. I do wish it had a mirror, but I understand that in order for customers to see into the package and look at the shades before they buy, the clear top makes more sense. If Sonia Kashuk comes out with another palette like this but colored, I will be the first to buy it!

on 6/18/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this palette! I feel like the drugstore lacks some good matte shadows and this is perfect. The variety of colors is perfect I use almost every single one, it is great for both natural looks and smokey looks, and the shadows range from light to dark, warm to neutral to cool. The shadows are very creamy and buttery and super pigmented. There are a couple that are a little too buttery that when I dip my brush into the product there is a little bit of fallout, but I don't really mind that much. There is also one shadow that feels stiff and it is not as creamy as the rest, I do receive the same amount of pigmentation though, I think I may just gotten a faulty one, but again, I don't really mind it. At first it seems like a much pricier palette, but really it is a little bit less than $2 a shadow (12 shadows, $20). I am really glad I bought this palette.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Got this palette yesterday and I am in love! Not fond of packaging cause I feel like the shadows will break if i accidentally drop it, but it's great that it's so handy and fits in my makeup bag perfectly.

The shadows are pigmented and buttery, they also stayed on literally all day. I'm glad i chose this over the naked basics 1 and 2. For the price, it's super worth it! This is my first all matte palette and i love it. I can use it everyday! I really recommend this if you want to wear eye makeup to work or school.

on 5/10/2015 10:35:00 PM

This may be one of the best matte drugstore eyeshadow palettes ever. The quality is great - they blend well, last for a long time, and there is a nice variety of creams, nudes, browns, and greys (and even some pink and peach). It allows you to create a variety of everyday looks. This is a great place to start for someone who just starts out with makeup, but it is also a nice addition to anyone's collection.

Reminds me of the matte shades from the Lorac Pro Palette 1 but not the same quality. Still works great for blending purposes and for everyday looks.

on 3/23/2015 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this palette at Target (in Canada) in their liquidation sale. I had watched many different YouTube reviews of this palette and they all seemed very positive. I have to say, I am not disappointed! These shades are fantastic for base and crease and are super blendable. I use the Sonia Kashuk brushes as well. I may have to go back and get another one before Target closes!

on 2/15/2015 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this palette !!!!!

on 1/20/2015 8:34:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I resisted buying this for quite a while -- the $20 Target pricetag put me off. (Kind of foolish considering I spent $50+ on my Naked palette.) However: I really, truly wanted a palette of nothing-but-nude, nothing-but-matte eyeshadows. And going into this I knew that Sonia eyeshadows are high quality.

I love this palette. My test for good eyeshadows is "can I apply it with a finger?" In other words, is it silky and buttery enough that, in a pinch, you can simply use a finger instead of a brush. For these eyeshadows, the answer is yes! And I think the range of browns here is truly dynamic: Everything from cream, to pale peach, to rust to chocolate to embers. One color is perfect for touching up my eyebrows. This is a neutral matte HG palette for me.

Of course, for accent colors I use other (satin or metallic) eyeshadows. But this SK palette is the one I reach for most often for work / day looks. Highly recommended, and great value for the money.

on 1/10/2015 9:16:00 AM

I bought this palette as a consolation prize because a high end matte palette that I want has been out of stock for months. I got it online during a free shipping promo. I am really having a hard time justifying keeping this palette. I can't use it alone, because it doesn't have a lot of versatile colors for me, such as a rusty crease color. A few of the colors just aren't pretty, in my opinion. The white is a total waste. It has a ton of fallout yet somehow just doesn't adhere to my eyelids. Some of the colors are muddy and hard to blend, and then others are too sheer.

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products