Sonia Kashuk Eye Palette in Neutral

4.4

on 5/10/2015 10:35:00 PM

This may be one of the best matte drugstore eyeshadow palettes ever. The quality is great - they blend well, last for a long time, and there is a nice variety of creams, nudes, browns, and greys (and even some pink and peach). It allows you to create a variety of everyday looks. This is a great place to start for someone who just starts out with makeup, but it is also a nice addition to anyone's collection.

Reminds me of the matte shades from the Lorac Pro Palette 1 but not the same quality. Still works great for blending purposes and for everyday looks.

on 3/23/2015 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this palette at Target (in Canada) in their liquidation sale. I had watched many different YouTube reviews of this palette and they all seemed very positive. I have to say, I am not disappointed! These shades are fantastic for base and crease and are super blendable. I use the Sonia Kashuk brushes as well. I may have to go back and get another one before Target closes!

on 2/15/2015 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this palette !!!!!

on 1/20/2015 8:34:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I resisted buying this for quite a while -- the $20 Target pricetag put me off. (Kind of foolish considering I spent $50+ on my Naked palette.) However: I really, truly wanted a palette of nothing-but-nude, nothing-but-matte eyeshadows. And going into this I knew that Sonia eyeshadows are high quality.

I love this palette. My test for good eyeshadows is "can I apply it with a finger?" In other words, is it silky and buttery enough that, in a pinch, you can simply use a finger instead of a brush. For these eyeshadows, the answer is yes! And I think the range of browns here is truly dynamic: Everything from cream, to pale peach, to rust to chocolate to embers. One color is perfect for touching up my eyebrows. This is a neutral matte HG palette for me.

Of course, for accent colors I use other (satin or metallic) eyeshadows. But this SK palette is the one I reach for most often for work / day looks. Highly recommended, and great value for the money.

on 1/10/2015 9:16:00 AM

I bought this palette as a consolation prize because a high end matte palette that I want has been out of stock for months. I got it online during a free shipping promo. I am really having a hard time justifying keeping this palette. I can't use it alone, because it doesn't have a lot of versatile colors for me, such as a rusty crease color. A few of the colors just aren't pretty, in my opinion. The white is a total waste. It has a ton of fallout yet somehow just doesn't adhere to my eyelids. Some of the colors are muddy and hard to blend, and then others are too sheer.

on 10/28/2014 12:54:00 AM

I found the majority of these shades to be gorgeous.
As one who has struggled for ages without access to Target and no access to neutral matte eyeshadows in the drugstore, I am super thrilled about this palette.
I think maybe one of the shades lacked pigment?
Most are pigmented if not all.
Overall it was worth my $20 CAD, nice simple and convenient packaging.
It is fairly recent of a purchase but I may end up using it for contouring as well.

on 7/18/2014 12:09:00 AM

This is my absolute everyday palette! All mattes and neutrals. I even use the darkest brown shade mixed with a tiny bit of the black shadow for my brows when I'm traveling and would rather just bring one all-in-one pallete. I like that the highlight shades do apply quite sheer because it's easy to over apply a highlight color. The shadows are blendable although a bit powdery for my taste but they don't produce fallout shadow IME so it's easy to get over. I like that I can do a whole eye look with just these shadows or I can incorporate other shadows from other palletes in conjuction with this pallete. I think this is a must-have pallete in anybodys makeup collection and $20 for 12 wearable shades is a steal (because palettes typically come with a couple unflattering shades that go unused, but I can honestly say that I have used all 12 of these shadows more than once). You can't go wrong with this palette.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love using neutral colors on my eyes and this is perfect! There pigment is just enough, not overwhelming yet not too shy. I have used all the color over the passed year and haven't found one that I don't like. The packaging is really convenient. It'd perfect for travel size. Though I drop this thing soooooooooo much! Most people ( I hope) won't drop it as much as me. I actually popped the pallets out if the packaging, but my eye shadows are still in tact so that speaks volumes for it!

on 5/8/2014 1:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a great option for someone looking to build their matte collection but does not want to spend a ton of money on higher end eyeshadow. I use this a lot in combination with other palettes that either are all shimmery/ satins . Tje shades are all very smooth and the pigmentation is as good as you can expect for mattes. The lighter shades are a tad bit sheerer but the range is great from very light to a matte black. My only con is I really wish there were a few more warm shades, especially a very rich dark reddish brown. All in all, this is a great "drugstore" find, I think I may even pick up the complimentary one that is all shimmery shades.

Popular Palettes