Sonia Kashuk Eye Palette in Neutral

4.4

I love how matte it is. It has SO many great neutral shades. This was the only eyeshadow pallet I used for the longest time. I hate any sparkle (my creases end up looking ridiculous at the end of the day) so this was definitely worth it! (I always use Urban Decay eyeshadow primer as well)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Behold, the other Christmas present from my husband!

Yeah, I'll admit - I had mixed feelings because while I don't have a Viseart budget, I also don't anticipate actually hitting pan for quite some time and, naturally, this led to me going back and forth telling myself, "Yeeeah .. but Viseart's less than $7/shadow and you've paid more than that for some of your Maybelline Color Tattoo pots ... ".

That's quite true. Thankfully the decision was taken out of my hands and wouldn't you know it? Santa had way too much eggnog and crashed into the house leaving makeup all over the place. Damn reindeers broke the autocruise, or so I'm told.

So there are 12 shades and while this is a neutral palette it's definitely more warm than cool - in fact I think there are only two shades which would be considered more cool-toned. It's what you would expect from a matte palette in terms of the shades; nothing mind-boggling or scary, just a good selection of staples.

The lightest shade on the upper left didn't want to play nicely, and I didn't use the darkest shade on the bottom. The rest I tested with Milani primer on one eye and no primer on the other.

Feel: softer than I expected. I figured I might have to dig a bit, but nope.

Application: I went completely overboard without realizing it. They do go on very smoothly for the most part although two shades did suffer from a minor case of the patchies on the unprimed lid.

Blendiness: Dreamlike. Very easy to blend and they don't all become that awful dirty dishwater gray.

Longevity. Ah. This is where we separate the boys from the men. With primer, hours and hours including running and slaving over a hot stove. The unprimed eye didn't do nearly so well though. I had a bit of creasing after about 4 hours, and it became quite noticeable after 6. Nevertheless they didn't become a muddy mess and I've suffered that from more expensive palettes once or twice. And less expensive palettes, let's be honest.

Ultimately this is a very, very good quality set that's worth every penny. Maybe one day I'll go for the Viseart darker color mattes, but I'm glad Sonia won out in this instance.

(One thing - as of yesterday Target stores in WA are phasing out their Sonia Kashuk makeup lines. I have no idea whether the rest of the country will follow suit but wanted to mention it in case anyone lives local)

This pallete is great for everyday wear. You can go all out and create a smoky look or a natural look. The possibilities are endless with these, especially if you just wanna play around with it or mix and match it with a different eyeshadow.

Use an eye primer for a lasting finish and they're easy enough to work with (I use a cheap eyeshadow brush: ELF crease eyeshadow brush)...

The packaging could have been more stable..for the price of $19.99 +tax

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I found this did nothing to flatter my pale skin and green eyes. However my mother, whom is tan with grey eyes, loves it. I gave her a huge bag of MU I was too lazy to return. This is one of the very few things she wanted out of it. She's very picky when it comes to MU (I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree, eh?).

The pigmentation and texture are awesome. These aren't as buttery as Wet n Wild shades. However, they definitely aren't dry. You will get a lot of color pay off. I prefer very buttery shadows but the one downside is they crumble a lot easier. This palette shows no sign of wear and tear. She uses it daily.

Just because I wouldn't repurchase this doesn't mean it's a bad product. The shades were just too brown toned for my coloring. Sonia Kashuk however, is an AWESOME quality drugstore brand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I absolutely love this palette and it has a great combination of neutral and cool tones. I reach for it everyday the cost of $20 is very affordable. The shadows last for hours when applied with a primer. I purchased this to use with other palettes as transitional colors. I purchase this product at Target when I went to and the MAC store and they ran out of the 15 color neutral palette however, I needed something immediately so I went to Target and ran across this. I am very happy with my purchase and love the consistency and the pigmentation of this this product. It does not have any fall out and I would definitely purchase it again the quality for the price is amazing.

Amazing for the price, lots of great colors. Maybe not as good as higher end eye shadows, but still definitely worth it for day to day based on the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This palette is GREAT
It is so hard to find all matte shadows, especially at the drugstore or walmart/target. I was really impressed with the quality of the shadows! When I first opened it and swatched it, I couldn't believe my eyes!
The shades layer and blend incredibly well! Definitely worth having

The consistency is silky and blendable!
They're not overly soft and buttery like the Lorac (I actually hate the consistency of the lorac pro palettes bc they're too soft and mushy and easy to over-blend). This palette is similar to how the too faced shadows feel, and they're almost as good as too faced shadows. This is a billion times better than the maybelline the nudes palette or really any drugstore shadows (and some high end shadows! I really prefer formulas like this palette's). I think they're softer than wet n wild shadows or maybelline shadows, but not as soft as laura mercier or lorac shadows (which are too soft, in my opinion)
A lot of drugstore shadows smell gross, like powdery costume makeup (ex: elf and cg), but a good indicator of great quality is that these do not smell like that!
Some might find the shadows slightly dry, but that's not an issue as long as your eye area is hydrated and you use a primer. A few of the browns look the same at first glance, but they actually show up differently on the eye. They're either lighter or darker and have different undertones

It is sooo easy to layer and blend these shadows!
I think this would be great for someone who is looking to get better at their eyeshadow application and do more advanced looks.
There is a nice range of light, dark, peachy, warm, and cool shades and many transition colors. This palette can be easily paired with other shadows to enhance looks! Neutral matte shadows are a staple that go with every look.
The $20 price is such a good deal considering you're getting 12 beautiful shades that work well together.
Matte colors are flattering on all ages and very forgiving on mature skin.
I'm not a huge fan of the packaging. I do wish it had a mirror, but I understand that in order for customers to see into the package and look at the shades before they buy, the clear top makes more sense. If Sonia Kashuk comes out with another palette like this but colored, I will be the first to buy it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this palette! I feel like the drugstore lacks some good matte shadows and this is perfect. The variety of colors is perfect I use almost every single one, it is great for both natural looks and smokey looks, and the shadows range from light to dark, warm to neutral to cool. The shadows are very creamy and buttery and super pigmented. There are a couple that are a little too buttery that when I dip my brush into the product there is a little bit of fallout, but I don't really mind that much. There is also one shadow that feels stiff and it is not as creamy as the rest, I do receive the same amount of pigmentation though, I think I may just gotten a faulty one, but again, I don't really mind it. At first it seems like a much pricier palette, but really it is a little bit less than $2 a shadow (12 shadows, $20). I am really glad I bought this palette.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Got this palette yesterday and I am in love! Not fond of packaging cause I feel like the shadows will break if i accidentally drop it, but it's great that it's so handy and fits in my makeup bag perfectly.

The shadows are pigmented and buttery, they also stayed on literally all day. I'm glad i chose this over the naked basics 1 and 2. For the price, it's super worth it! This is my first all matte palette and i love it. I can use it everyday! I really recommend this if you want to wear eye makeup to work or school.

This may be one of the best matte drugstore eyeshadow palettes ever. The quality is great - they blend well, last for a long time, and there is a nice variety of creams, nudes, browns, and greys (and even some pink and peach). It allows you to create a variety of everyday looks. This is a great place to start for someone who just starts out with makeup, but it is also a nice addition to anyone's collection.

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products