October 21, 2014 | 2037 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Strawberry Lip Gloss

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by TaniaMst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The smell is okay but I find it sort of aggressive. I bought it because of the hype around the brand but it seriously did nothing but dry my lips! It's definitely more a lip balm than a lip gloss. I'm still on the hunt for my HG lip balm and this is definitely not it. I won't repurchase or even finish the pot.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by ShirlynnFusion

i got this as a gift. it smells really good but as soon as you put it on it dries out in about 5min. its not really a good lipgloss it make my lips chapped and dry. i always have to reapply.

it comes in a cute jar of .25oz and when i got to the bottom, i had to use my nail to get into it. im almost done with it but i would definitely not buy this. you can get it at drugstores but...not a real good investment.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by DivineFemme

I agree with the other reviewers who say that this product is not a lip gloss; it's a balm. And not a very good one, at that. I actually don't mind the smell, and when I first put it on, it feels good. But it literally lasts for about 5 minutes, and then I need to reapply. Who has the time? And with it in that tiny jar, who wants to make the effort? If I'm going to reapply often, I need a stick or tube.

Super cute packaging, but that doesn't matter to me if the performance is not there.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The smell isn't great, however, I like the texture. I like the packaging (however, I think my mom's dog was upset that he wasn't able to open the jar). I won't purchase this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2008 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Kaboomsy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Nasty smell and irritated my lips. I puffed up like I got stung by a bee on my lips after using this twice. This is going in the trash.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by idyllick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i wanted to like this, but i cant. its too thin and altho my lips are not particularly dry, this gave them no moiusture at all. it doesnt last more than 2 seconds and it just does not do anything, by way of glossing or moisterizing. ill stick with carmex, or sephoras lip wax, which is still my fave. POST EDIT: i must say i still keep this around. i have long nails and what i do for glosses in the pot is heat them up (even in a microwave if u have no other option, i use my potable heater tho close it as tightly as you can first of course) turn it upside down and let the pot cool off. the gloss will melt to the top of the pan and then when you open it you can just smooth it directly on ur lips from the container. works for me with every pot gloss i have tried. altho the burts bees is not that moisterizing it is much better than nothing in a crunch, i even prefer it over my ever faithful carmex becuz of the smell. does not have lasting power whatsoever tho, old critique still stands & i will not repurchase, but its worth a try. if you are a lip gloss fiend like i am!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 5:54:00 PM More reviews by graciebaby28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lip gloss could be so reworked in so many ways. First I hate the scent, It just smells like candle wax to me. It feels sticky on the lips. shine is very soft, I wouldn't call it a gloss but more like a balm.

The pot makes me crazy. Once you get past the top layer (first few uses) it is impossible to get to it without gettng it all under your nails. The opening of the pot is so small you cannot wedge your finger in there and you really don't want to anyways. I would not repurchase this and I hope they work on the packaging of their balms if they make a new formula. I don't know anyone who likes to get their hands messy with balms in pots:(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by AllOrganicGirl

When I bought this I was looking for a naturally sourced lip gloss, but to be honest this is really more of a lip balm, which I already have plenty of. It's colourless and doesn't really give a lasting shine or look too "glossy". Aswell as this the pot is really awkward, I usually need a brush for it. I find I can't seem to properly use my fingers to apply it, though they're not that chunky!!! Nevertheless it is a pretty good lip balm (the only reason for all the lipsticks), if you don't mind the weight and shape of the container.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2007 10:58:00 AM More reviews by iloveshoesandcoffee

Loved the smell of this so I purchased on a whim. I liked the feel of this on my lips, but boy, this really dried my lips out. They hurt and stung after using this a few days in a row. I neglected this for a while and decided to try it once more when rifling through my makeup case recently. I went to use this and noticed that the smell had dissipated COMPLETELY. Strange because this was kept in a cool dry place and the lid was fastened tightly. It also hardened and smells like wax. Maybe I bought a bad one. Who knows? I will not be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 7:30:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this one along with the Beeswax lipbalm to keep my lips hydrated at night and under my lipcolors. This is affordable, smells great, and gives the lips a nice shine without being sticky or tacky. The packaging is cute and functional. I would certainly repurchase.