MAC Satin - Brule

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have had great experiences with MAC shadows overall, but I find Brule to be underwhelming and lacking in pigmentation. Its possible I just got a "bad one," but I've found that this hardly shows up on my NC20 skin so I never use this as a brow bone highlight unless I want a very natural look. I've found use for it as a base for other colors to make them easier to blend.

I have had this shade in my collection for quite sometime and I don't find myself reaching for it ever. I MUCH prefer Blanc Type by MAC as my highlight shade. I find this shade to be easily dupable- in fact I feel like the shade Brulee by Wet n Wild is pretty much an exact dupe for only two bucks, but has more pigmentation. I recommend trying that shadow out first if you are interested in this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use this on brow bone with Haux in the crease, and All That Glitters on lid. Warm Soul Mineralize Blush, and Viva Glam V on the lips. Stunning day look with my medium skin and silver hair. At 60, I'm still using M.A.C!

on 11/19/2014 4:00:00 PM

I bought a 4 palette of shadows, as it turns out, a few days short of 4 years ago, which is just too long to keep eyeshadows. My selections were brule, grain, saddle and sketch. Brule is a color that I had purchased before, and was happy with, so it was an easy choice. I have since purchased blanc type, which I prefer. Although the colors are almost identical, I find blanc type to be a creamier shadow, both in texture and color.

on 10/23/2014 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use Brule every day all over my lid and on my brow bone. On my NW/NC 25 skintone it's a bit light but it's the perfect brow highlight for me. It's so silky and pigmented for a matte shade. Highly recommend!!

on 8/30/2014 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I'm going to keep this short and sweet, this is a staple in my collection, I use this almost daily along with MAC Vanilla, Espresso and Embark. Great browbone highlight and great for daytime.

on 8/14/2014 2:52:00 AM

I use this shadow almost every day as a lid to brow color. It's great quality and a really good starting color for so many looks. Always replacing this when I run out. Love!

on 6/16/2014 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

This used to be my go to highlight and lid color. looks great on my nc40 skin and does not crease or look chalky. the packaging is standard MAC black and i love it, the price isn't bad, its the same as usual but i have found an AMAZING dupe. For under a dollar i use Wet n Wild Creme Brle. it works exactly the same except i can afford to stock up on these. i always have backs up in my collection. a little on the powdery side so you'd have to use a stiff brush but for less than 1/10th of the price id say its a must try! But i do love the fact that it DOES NOT crease on me, i have the oiliest eyelids ever and Mac and wet and wild are the only two shadows that don't crease on me.

on 3/28/2014 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a staple for me. I love it as an all over wash on the eyelid. I also like to use it for transition blending since it is almost the color of my skin. I have since found dupes for this, so I don't think I'll need to purchase it again, but it is definitely worth picking up if you are looking for a near matte blending shade.

on 3/28/2014 11:05:00 AM

I have used Mylar, Ricepaper, Dazzlelight, Shroom among others for an all over wash of color but two of the three You Tube mu artists that I follow consistently use Brule in their videos so of course I had to run out and purchase it. I like it. Nothing special but definitely a workhorse and a staple for most kits. The funny thing is within the last week, I've went back to Mylar and thought I liked it more. I've hit some serious pan on it so yesterday after applying it to one lid, I put Brule on the other eye and I seriously could not tell the difference (and I was looking for it). If there was a difference, it would take a more discerning eye than mine to spot. I guess what I'm saying, is if you have one or the other, save your money and try something a little different.

on 3/12/2014 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this colour and formula. Its a new purchase and i use it on my brown bone after painterly paint pot and then apply soft brown in the crease, all that glitters on the lid and embark on the outer corner and lower lash line. I would repurchase when i run out! I would be interested in getting it in a pro palette next time rather than individually