MAC Satin - Brule

4.5

on 6/23/2015 2:35:00 AM

This was one of my first eyeshadow purchases when I was creating my 15 pan. This is my go to highlight shade. Its creamy and pigmented. I even like to use it as an all over lid shade for my natural looks. However I would not repurchase. Its seems like now ever palette comes with a creamy matte vanilla shade. I have hit pan on my brule but I have a minimum of four other similar shades to finish before I would even think of repurchasing.

on 4/24/2015 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Took a while to realize its true beauty but it's great for on the lid for a matte eyeshadow look or for a wash of neutral colour all over your lids above eye primer. Can also be used as a brow highlight as well as under eye setting powder.

on 4/15/2015 6:24:00 PM

I use this shadow every time I wear make up. Perfect base color for me.

on 4/10/2015 7:54:00 AM

I use this virtually every day for a neutral eye look as the base colour. It's perfect for neutralising my lid colour and works with pretty much every shade. I particularly like to pair it with one other shade like Haux, Copperplate, Kid, Satin Taupe or Quarry. It's a Satin formula but pretty much a matte finish with no chalkiness. I know it's a popular shade in many makeup artist's kits and I can see why as it's very versatile and a staple in my opinion. Definitely recommend :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have had great experiences with MAC shadows overall, but I find Brule to be underwhelming and lacking in pigmentation. Its possible I just got a "bad one," but I've found that this hardly shows up on my NC20 skin so I never use this as a brow bone highlight unless I want a very natural look. I've found use for it as a base for other colors to make them easier to blend.

I have had this shade in my collection for quite sometime and I don't find myself reaching for it ever. I MUCH prefer Blanc Type by MAC as my highlight shade. I find this shade to be easily dupable- in fact I feel like the shade Brulee by Wet n Wild is pretty much an exact dupe for only two bucks, but has more pigmentation. I recommend trying that shadow out first if you are interested in this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use this on brow bone with Haux in the crease, and All That Glitters on lid. Warm Soul Mineralize Blush, and Viva Glam V on the lips. Stunning day look with my medium skin and silver hair. At 60, I'm still using M.A.C!

on 11/19/2014 4:00:00 PM

I bought a 4 palette of shadows, as it turns out, a few days short of 4 years ago, which is just too long to keep eyeshadows. My selections were brule, grain, saddle and sketch. Brule is a color that I had purchased before, and was happy with, so it was an easy choice. I have since purchased blanc type, which I prefer. Although the colors are almost identical, I find blanc type to be a creamier shadow, both in texture and color.

on 10/23/2014 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use Brule every day all over my lid and on my brow bone. On my NW/NC 25 skintone it's a bit light but it's the perfect brow highlight for me. It's so silky and pigmented for a matte shade. Highly recommend!!

on 8/30/2014 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I'm going to keep this short and sweet, this is a staple in my collection, I use this almost daily along with MAC Vanilla, Espresso and Embark. Great browbone highlight and great for daytime.

on 8/14/2014 2:52:00 AM

I use this shadow almost every day as a lid to brow color. It's great quality and a really good starting color for so many looks. Always replacing this when I run out. Love!

Top Rated MAC Products