December 22, 2014 | 917 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Brule

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought a 4 palette of shadows, as it turns out, a few days short of 4 years ago, which is just too long to keep eyeshadows. My selections were brule, grain, saddle and sketch. Brule is a color that I had purchased before, and was happy with, so it was an easy choice. I have since purchased blanc type, which I prefer. Although the colors are almost identical, I find blanc type to be a creamier shadow, both in texture and color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use Brule every day all over my lid and on my brow bone. On my NW/NC 25 skintone it's a bit light but it's the perfect brow highlight for me. It's so silky and pigmented for a matte shade. Highly recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm going to keep this short and sweet, this is a staple in my collection, I use this almost daily along with MAC Vanilla, Espresso and Embark. Great browbone highlight and great for daytime.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this shadow almost every day as a lid to brow color. It's great quality and a really good starting color for so many looks. Always replacing this when I run out. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Kifmaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This used to be my go to highlight and lid color. looks great on my nc40 skin and does not crease or look chalky. the packaging is standard MAC black and i love it, the price isn't bad, its the same as usual but i have found an AMAZING dupe. For under a dollar i use Wet n Wild Creme Brle. it works exactly the same except i can afford to stock up on these. i always have backs up in my collection. a little on the powdery side so you'd have to use a stiff brush but for less than 1/10th of the price id say its a must try! But i do love the fact that it DOES NOT crease on me, i have the oiliest eyelids ever and Mac and wet and wild are the only two shadows that don't crease on me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a staple for me. I love it as an all over wash on the eyelid. I also like to use it for transition blending since it is almost the color of my skin. I have since found dupes for this, so I don't think I'll need to purchase it again, but it is definitely worth picking up if you are looking for a near matte blending shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by TexasTracy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used Mylar, Ricepaper, Dazzlelight, Shroom among others for an all over wash of color but two of the three You Tube mu artists that I follow consistently use Brule in their videos so of course I had to run out and purchase it. I like it. Nothing special but definitely a workhorse and a staple for most kits. The funny thing is within the last week, I've went back to Mylar and thought I liked it more. I've hit some serious pan on it so yesterday after applying it to one lid, I put Brule on the other eye and I seriously could not tell the difference (and I was looking for it). If there was a difference, it would take a more discerning eye than mine to spot. I guess what I'm saying, is if you have one or the other, save your money and try something a little different.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this colour and formula. Its a new purchase and i use it on my brown bone after painterly paint pot and then apply soft brown in the crease, all that glitters on the lid and embark on the outer corner and lower lash line. I would repurchase when i run out! I would be interested in getting it in a pro palette next time rather than individually

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I do like this color. It's an ok highlight. The reason I said I would not repurchase and ranked it somewhat low is because the color is a tad too dark for my complexion. I much prefer "Vanilla" by MAC but cannot find it. (so I use this instead) It works as a highlight and whatever else I used Vanilla for but I just don't like it as much. However, if you are a light to medium complexion (I consider myself lighter than light, NW10-15), it would probably work perfectly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by austinxbradley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This along with 'Carbon' was my first MAC purchase.
I tend to love matte shadows over shimmery.
It really fits my skin tone and i use it all over lid and 'Espresso' in my crease to add depth and i put 'Carbon' in my outer corner.
This shadow is a must have, not from MAC but any brand. Nude/Skin tone shadows are always a must have in your makeup bag.