April 19, 2014 | 1051 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Brule

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a staple for me. I love it as an all over wash on the eyelid. I also like to use it for transition blending since it is almost the color of my skin. I have since found dupes for this, so I don't think I'll need to purchase it again, but it is definitely worth picking up if you are looking for a near matte blending shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by TexasTracy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used Mylar, Ricepaper, Dazzlelight, Shroom among others for an all over wash of color but two of the three You Tube mu artists that I follow consistently use Brule in their videos so of course I had to run out and purchase it. I like it. Nothing special but definitely a workhorse and a staple for most kits. The funny thing is within the last week, I've went back to Mylar and thought I liked it more. I've hit some serious pan on it so yesterday after applying it to one lid, I put Brule on the other eye and I seriously could not tell the difference (and I was looking for it). If there was a difference, it would take a more discerning eye than mine to spot. I guess what I'm saying, is if you have one or the other, save your money and try something a little different.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this colour and formula. Its a new purchase and i use it on my brown bone after painterly paint pot and then apply soft brown in the crease, all that glitters on the lid and embark on the outer corner and lower lash line. I would repurchase when i run out! I would be interested in getting it in a pro palette next time rather than individually

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I do like this color. It's an ok highlight. The reason I said I would not repurchase and ranked it somewhat low is because the color is a tad too dark for my complexion. I much prefer "Vanilla" by MAC but cannot find it. (so I use this instead) It works as a highlight and whatever else I used Vanilla for but I just don't like it as much. However, if you are a light to medium complexion (I consider myself lighter than light, NW10-15), it would probably work perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by austinxbradley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This along with 'Carbon' was my first MAC purchase.
I tend to love matte shadows over shimmery.
It really fits my skin tone and i use it all over lid and 'Espresso' in my crease to add depth and i put 'Carbon' in my outer corner.
This shadow is a must have, not from MAC but any brand. Nude/Skin tone shadows are always a must have in your makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Dy

Brule sat in my collection largely untouched for quite a while before it got any real love from me. Reason being that, as an eye shadow, I found it to be 'just okay' since on my NC20-25 skin, it doesn't really show up. However a couple of months ago I was on a hunt for an under-eye setting powder for my concealer as what I usually used for that purpose (my Bare Minerals foundation) was irritating my eyes (bismuth). So... I went through quite a few of the much-hyped and lauded favourites: Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder, Make Up Forever HD Setting Powder, Smashbox HD Setting Powder, various MAC pressed/translucent powders, Bare Minerals Finishing Veil, and even some lower end stuff, but nothing worked for me. Now, from what I understand, most people don't have issues with finding under-eye setting powders, but I do - *big time*. Any time I apply any sort of powder to my under eyes after concealer, irrespective of the brand, the brush, the application, the type of concealer I use, etc. the end result is always the same: dry, dull, old-looking under-eyes with DARK CIRCLES - completely undoing and ruining the covering, brightening effects of concealer! Then one day soon after this expensive failed quest, I looked at my neglected pot of Brule eye shadow, and thought -- hey, why not try? And I'm so glad I did, as this works just beautifully for that very purpose. For fair / fair-medium skin, the stealth factor that is a disappointment for your eyelids is perfect for under your eyes. The satin (not matte, like some reviews are stating) finish of this eye shadow also ensures a smooth, light application. I initially applied it with a brush, but found my favourite way to apply it is with a finger, only applying it to where creases tend to form. I also use it to set primer/concealer over my eyelids before applying eye shadow. Needless to say, this product gets a lot more attention from me these days.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by chrissym1023

Great all over lid or highlight color!! goes great with any eyeshadow color or to wear alone so its a definite must have!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Trixieclose

I know you're like "15$ for a beige eyeshadow" and I'm sure you can get a similar color for cheaper- but i will say this color is a must have. Not the Mac shadow itself but the shade from any brand I guess would do. It's a great highlight or all over lid color and you just have to try it to truly appreciate it. It lights up the face and just rounds out your look. Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by lindatonks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the very first MAC eyeshadows that I purchased. Of course it was recommended by the M/A that was helping me. I love this color and have purchased it at least 10 times since the first one.
It is great to apply over your lid primer since it is so neutral and has no shimmer. I also use it as a highlighter near by brow.
It is a must have for any make up collection!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by bloodymerry52

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Brulé is great for an overall wash of color on the lid. Its matte and there's no shimmer. Also nice for brow highlight. Love the pro pan because it stores easily in my palettes.