MakeupAlley Android appFREE DOWNLOAD
Get MakeupAlley App >

Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 4/27/2015 2:50:00 AM

I grew up in Germany & this creme is soo popular over there and with good reason! My mum used to use this on me and my sister when we were little and it was amazing. My grandma is 67 yrs old and always get told she looks 10 years younger and she credits it all to this cream! I stopped using this once I noved to Australia as I assumed it would be way too heavy but I've recently started using it again (the German version) at night before bed and wow it's completely improved my skin! I'm very acne prone so for me not to have any pimples from this cream is a big deal for me!! Definitely my holy grail & I will be sure to use this on my children just like all those generations in my family before me :)

on 4/16/2015 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i bought a small tin of this because i am looking for a new moisturizer and i heard good things about this. i really wanted to like this cream because it is soooo cheap but i don't really see myself buying another jar. i have oily/acne prone skin so i was worried that this stuff would make me break out more--and i did seem to break out more, but i'm pretty sure it was other factors (stress, sleeping in makeup, not using a salicylic acid moisturizer) and not the cream that did it. what i did like about this cream is the smell (although you can't smell it after you apply it) and how comfortable my skin feels after putting it on. i don't really like the consistency of it--it's so thick that it seems to drag on your face before your skin absorbs it, and it feels a little greasy, like you can feel it sitting on your face. i'm going to keep using this only at night and probably for the summer after getting out of the pool, but otherwise i wouldn't buy this if you have oily skin.

on 4/15/2015 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have oily skin and have been using this overnight on my face over the last few winter months because I was drying out a bit with the heat running all the time. I've been really pleased with the results.
The consistency is very thick and very greasy, I definitely couldn't use this on my face during the day. It makes my skin look greasy and shiny and I can certainly feel it sitting there. That being said, I use it overnight, so I don't really care about any of those things while I'm sleeping. I wake up every morning and there is very little residue remaining and my face is soft and hydrated. I actually think I'm less oily during the day because my face is producing less oil than it did before I used this product overnight.
Because it's thick and creamy, I find that warming it up by rubbing it between my fingers before applying to my face helps it go on quicker and smoother. It is a product that needs to be worked in, otherwise it leaves a white cast behind.
The scent is ok, not offensive to me and I honestly don't smell it too long after application. I've had zero negative reactions from using this product, and my skin does tend to be rather sensitive.
I would prefer not to use a product from a tub, but this isn't a huge complaint either. The cream is so thick I don't know that it could possibly come in any other style of packaging.
I paid 79 euro cents for this product when it was on sale, and it goes on sale here quite frequently. This is a definite repurchase for me, and I would recommend others trying it out as well.

on 4/15/2015 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is more of a body butter than a cream. Its very thick and moisterising! It will definitely leave a oily feeling on your hands if you use it as a hand cream.
If you have very dry skin, it will work well. Especially on your elbows, heels of your feet and entire body.
I don't see this working well on the face. I will end up looking like an oil slick!
The smell is very fragenced, like old lady to be honest hehe.
The only reason why i wouldn't repurchase this is because i do enjoy the Victoria Secret body butters/cream, they smell nicer and leave my skin soft too without that oily residue feeling.

on 4/14/2015 6:14:00 PM

Love this stuff. It is thick and you have to work it into your skin but it works wonders for my dry feet and elbows. I use it in the winter all over. I feel it not onlymoisturizes but also holds moisture in and makes a barrier against dryness, and smells nice.

on 4/7/2015 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I had oily and acne prone skin,and used all Vichy Normaderm line,Avene...spend a lot of money without any results.I realised that if I dry my skin out/strip it off it's natural oils (with all of this "products for oily skin"),it will only lead to producing more oil.It's really that simple.This is not a daily moisturizer,because it apsorbs really slow,leaving white skin a bit and make you really shiny.I use it when I'm at home,cooking,taking an afternoon nap,at night...and rinse it after 3,4 hours or in the morning.Skin is really soft and have an amazing glow.In the morning I use BB creme and translucent powder - I do not get shiny during the day as I used to before Nivea.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this for night time. Would never use for the day!! It makes my face very shiny, but it's super moisturizing. It smells like a grandma. But that's okay too, cuz no one else will smell it. Nevertheless, I wake up every morning with happy, hydrated skin, so its a win for me. I got the 60g tube a while back, and I'm close to running out now. I wish a larger tube format was available - I'm not a huge fan of tubs if they can be avoided.

on 4/1/2015 3:02:00 PM

This is a review for the European version of Nivea Creme.

This product is no-frills. It is of thick constancy an can really repair dry skin.
I notably fell in love with it when I started using retinol and got patches of extremely dry skin around my mouth and nose. I applied it at night and after several days, my skin not only recovered, but achieved a "dewiness" about it that I love.

Moreover, it is great to even out skin tone after zits and other skin irritations that leave behind dark spots.

The smell to me is unoffensive. It reminds me of my grandmother. Will repurchase again and again.

on 3/28/2015 7:59:00 PM

definitely not suitable for oily/acne prone skin!

on 3/28/2015 7:08:00 PM

Absolutely love this! I use it as my face moisturizer every morning and night. The only con is that it makes my makeup look quite oily.. But works well at night! Definitely repurchasing