Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 9/1/2015 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

*Just to disclaim - I bought this product in Australia and it is the 'Made in Germany' version. Apparently there is a Mexican one that is slightly different, so I just wanted to clarify that I am reviewing the German one.

I use Nivea Creme on my face to counter my dry skin. It is a very thick cream, buttery and balm-like, and it melts into the skin with gentle patting/rubbing. It makes my skin feel very soft and hydrated and it makes my face look plumper. The cream has a very strong floral fragrance which I was concerned would irritate my sensitive skin, however it has not caused any irritation whatsoever - no redness or pain. I really enjoy the smell, though it is rather strong and might not be to everyone's tastes. The product is also very decently priced - $10AUD for 200ml tub, and it is often on sale in supermarkets and at Priceline. Smaller tubs are also available. While I am only 21 and do not have wrinkles yet, I definitely believe prevention is key when trying to stay young and fresh-faced and I believe that Nivea Creme will definitely help me to achieve this. I have a few lines under my eyes and this cream diminishes them. I also use this on my neck and decolletage in order to maintain softness and prevent wrinkling. It eases the dry patches of skin on my face, and I find foundation and BB cream do not stick to them if I apply Nivea Creme first. This creme is a staple in my skincare routine and I believe it will stay that way for many years to come. This cream is amazingly hydrating and I would recommend it to anyone with dry skin. However, it may be too rich for oily or acne prone skin and, while I had no issue with the fragrance, it may irritate those with sensitive skin.

on 8/27/2015 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I've loved this for years! Perfect purse/travel size tin, no excess packaging, smells great, super rich and hydrating, and can be found in many countries. I only use on my hands, sometimes on my body. I never travel without this! Only thing I don't like is Neutrogena's animal testing.

on 8/27/2015 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had a review of this before but I deleted it because it was really boring, analyzing the difference between the versions and really, who cares? I have not used this in ages as I threw the last one away over a year ago, but there were some darling little tins of it for $3.99 from Germany so I got it again. Lately with the hot weather my skin is parched and this just worked so well at making it feel hydrated again. All other lotions and creams, even Vaseline, are completely absorbed by morning if I put them on at night. But this is still there, and stays until you wash it off, a protective coating that I welcome because it is hydrating my skin. It is still super annoying to use in every way as it goes on thick and white and separates, but whatever. It got rid of my dry skin condition. Sometimes I wear only this all day instead of makeup and it doesn't even look that greasy. It's doing its job to keep all the elements from ruining my skin. Can't say I love it, still smells like bug repellant and feels gross, but it works!

on 8/23/2015 7:22:00 PM

I swatch lipsticks on my lips all the time (creme and matte formulas) and this helps me switch them out without irritating my lips and me having to scrub at them. Will not remove lip stains, though. Passable as an emergency face moisturizer, okay as the occasional cuticle cream. I bought a tube because of the nostalgia. It does its purpose but so many other multi-taskers (e.g. mineral oil) do the same as well, and even better, so I won't repurchase.

on 8/20/2015 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

It is definitely good as a moisturizer - as it absorbs in, hands become smooth as silk. Yet it takes a lot to absorb. I had it once and I'm never using it again. It clogs my pores so I had to finish the bottle using it only for my hands.
Also it's very very very OILY. That even unpleasant to use. You can even see the space between the cream block and the package walls as oil doesn't let materials stick together.

on 8/18/2015 10:58:00 PM

Literally my go-to cream/lotion. It really has no other smell than a baby but not baby powder haha. I love the thickness personally I don't use it as a all over cream but apple to my more dry areas or very little onto my hands. Put on dime spots on my cheeks, forehead, and chin at night and have all day moisture without the oily greasiness.

on 8/18/2015 10:41:00 PM

good generic cream, does not irritate skin- not even eyes. Can be used to remove eye makeup. I find the consistency much too thick for my preferences, and it takes a long time to absorb. If you are wanting to mix oils(such as Vitamin E, Avocado, or Tea Tree) with a cream base- this is a good cream to use.

on 8/18/2015 4:08:00 PM

I like this cream because it's all time classic. It is a product that we all certainly know and trust, and of course a product full of memories. But, its formula is thick and it is hard to apply it. I also think that it cloggs the pores, especially if used on the face. I usually use it as hand cream, mostly because of the memories and familiarity it offers. I would not recomend using it on the face, especially if you have oily acne prone skin like mine.

on 8/18/2015 12:10:00 AM

Unfortunately this clogs my pores

I never realized how dry my skin was until I started using this. After I read that article comparing this cream to La Mer, I was amazed at how many positive reviews I could find on this stuff so I decided to give it a whirl, and I am so impressed!

At first it seems like something you shouldnít use on your face, since it is quite a thick cream; it does take a while to get used to but I assure you it did not break me out, and I have oily skin. Echoing some of the other reviews on here it does appear oily on your face before it sinks in. This isnít a problem for me since I use this after showering at night, but it could be annoying if you use it in the morning.

After using this my skin has become much more supple and healthy-looking. Itís such a simple and convenient moisturizer and I donít think I will ever use anything else! Only thing that annoys me about this is that they donít sell it in tins in Canada (at least where I live), only in tubes. The tubes arenít bad but I much prefer the tins, one of which I got at a random Shoppers that was labeled Limited Edition but I have not seen any others like it anywhere.