October 31, 2014 | 1550 users online

Skincare - Face - Clean & Clear - Oil Contolling Astringent

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2006 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Shmabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this astringent to help with blackheads. It has an ideal amount of saycillic (can't spell) acid and a ph level below 4. It should be an ideal product. I did like using it, and used it religiously. However, I never saw a difference in blackheads. It may do the trick for others but I have realized that I need to go to a determatologist to clear those up. For now I am switching to Thayer's witch hazel with aspirin in it to see if it does the trick. I am not sure how good this product has been at controlling my oil, as I am oily with or without it. Too bad - I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2005 9:44:00 AM More reviews by hyperfastgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

so I stopped using this for about 3-4 weeks and tried using stridex power pads instead. while they were more gentle, they were NOT as effective at clearing breakouts or preventing them. this red astringent has been a part of my daily beauty routine for years now. After giving those pads a try, I got frustrated and went back to this astringent. it is very drying and makes my face tight, but it's pretty much worth it due to how well it controls any potential pimples. My skin almost instantly looked better after using this last night and this morning. Now if I can just find a good way to combat the dryness without all the shine!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2004 11:48:00 PM More reviews by tubby

made my face waaaaaaay tight and it stung a lot and my face became red but it took away a lot of the oil build up,..i prefer more gentle things nowadays

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2003 1:25:00 PM More reviews by seagirlrun

This is one part of my skincare routine that must remain. I have tried to stop using it, as it contains alcohol which can be a bit drying, however my face breaks out like crazy with any other toner/astringent. I am 23, but I will definitely buy this as long as it helps me out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2003 3:51:00 PM More reviews by MirandaRawson

I'm not sure if what I have is the same product, I have Oil-Fighting Deep Cleaning Astringent. Anyways, it's a great astringent, definitely very strong and can make my eyes water if I use after washing my face, but keeps my face really clear. I'll definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2003 11:46:00 PM More reviews by CatVeronica

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was not impressed with this stuff. It STUNG SO BAD that it made my eyes tear, it hurt so much. It did deep clean though, I could feel it, but then it made my nose REALLY shiny. It also was too drying. So I would recommend this if you have really greasy, oily skin. Otherwise, it is too harsh for sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2002 5:08:00 AM More reviews by curly_q_cutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this when I was like 12...but not anymore...I just don't like it...it's like water to me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2001 4:45:00 PM More reviews by CheckyDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, it's finalized, I HAVE to use this in order to keep my skin clear & soft. For some reason every time I stop using this or try a new brand my skin goes haywire. I've been using this since I was 15, I'm now 19 & have tried using higher-end brands & my skin just gets mad at me. :P I always get this un-even, un-smooth texture if I stop using this & I'll usually breakout, then when I start to use this again my skin clears right up & feels smooth again. I guess I shouldn't complain, it's so damn cheap, I'm glad my skin likes this so much.