MAC Satin Lipstick - Myth

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

on 3/25/2015 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a must have lipstick for me. It's my second tube and when I run out of it I'm definitely gonna get another one.
I'm a medium skin tone but wearing my fake tan most of the time. When I was thinking of buying I was affraid that the color was going to be too light for me and yes it is very light so I'd never wear this lipstick without a lipliner. I like to pair it with oak or whirl lipliner by mac.
The funny thing is that most of the time I just mix it with another lipsticks to achieve the color that I like, very rarely as a lipstick itself. It became a part of my makeup routine and when I'm all done I always grab it in the end and apply it in the middle of my lips to add some more definition and make them appear fuller. I love full big lips and myth definitely serves this purpose.
Myth is very versatile and I like to play with the colors to get the exact look I want, mute down darker lipsticks or contour my lips like I already mentioned. The finish is satin which is perfect for this too.
I'm convinced this piece should be a part of everyone's makeup collection and I find it one of the most essential items of my makeup bag.
Too bad Mac is so expensive here in Europe, for the lipstick it's usually 20 euros which is approx. 22 dollars.
Anyways I love this lippie and there's no wonder why it's become one of the bestselling ones by Mac.

I got this as a present from my friends since I was looking for a nude lipstick. At first I thought it was way too pale and washed me out (since I have quite fair skin). It doesn't look nice as an opaque colour on me. Then I applied it more sheer and it looks a bit nicer! Can also top with pale pink gloss. Good for heavy eye makeup and flushed cheeks days.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I was in desperate need for a nude lipstick and after a little searching online, this one was highly recommended and it's a great product. Perfect for when you need some sort of lip coverage but don't want a colour. Looks best when you have heavy eye make-up or some sort of colour in your overall look.

Pros:
- great colour
- easy to apply
- long lasting

Cons:
-none

Overall:
- there's honestly not much to say about this product, just a great nude lipstick if you need one. 100% would recommend to buy.

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Other

I was worried about using this lipstick at first as so many people said that It's way too pale and just looks like you've put concealer all over your lips, but personaly I love it! it's one of my favourite lipsticks that I own, you can also use it with a lip liner, I sometimes use it alone or with my MAC half red lip liner which I think was from a limited edition collection, this lipstick is great, as said before with some lipsticks they can make your lips a little dry, so I either use a carmex lip balm or my cocoabutter balm before I put on any kind of lipgloss or lipstick :))

on 1/7/2015 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I love this lipstick!!! great for woc with a brown lip liner. It is a satin finish,highly pigmented, so it goes on kind of matte, but not drying at all and lasts A LONG TIME without fading. I also own Ruby Woo as well as CYY, and I love those as well! These high end lipsticks are totally worth the money.

on 12/26/2014 10:51:00 AM

I love, love, LOVE this lipstick. I like to have that "washed out" look, but my skin is fair-medium (leaning more on the fair side) and it's the perfect nude for me. It's not very drying either. A bit expensive though...

on 9/13/2014 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This lipstick looks like I smeared a concealer all over my lips! So drying. I also dislike the brown/coral undertone. Maybe it's great for darker skin tones, not sure why it is so popular. I am pretty light, so it looked u glyon me. But if you have a dark skin tone, I think this could look good - maybe with some lipgloss on top.
I prefer Fleshpot - it has pink undertone and it looks much nicer on light skin types - more natural too.

on 9/9/2014 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have a medium skin tone and i bought Myth on a whim to be honest. Well all i can say is I looked like I had just eaten a sugar donught when I put it on my lips. It made me look so washed out and it was too light for me.I then figured a way to make it work for me.Now i line my lips with a dark brown liner then I apply Revlons Mink lipstick then i finally put Myth on top. With this I achieve an ombre-nude look.I would never wear Myth jist on its on because of my skin tone but mixing it with Mink has worked for me

on 8/30/2014 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

ho.ly.hell. Myth is a must have nude. It's creamy, acts like an Amplified, and very neutral (in terms of coolness/warm was - I would recommend this for every skin tone). Like any MAC lipstick I've taken a whiff of, it has no strange aroma. Highly pigmented & lasts nicely for hours when wearing a liner. I use Essence's "nude" liner for only $1.50 - couldn't be happier! Also super purdy with Stone lip liner (MAC) underneath!

on 6/25/2014 9:29:00 AM

Im always watching on Myth, online, it looks gorgeus, but I think its not nice without darker lipliner and glos overtop, becouse it washes out so much... But maybe the best nude ive ever seen... Anybody tried NYX Matte lipstick in shade Shy? I think it may be dupe for Myth....

Popular Lipsticks