October 23, 2014 | 1196 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Aveda - Pure Comfort Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by ComplexBeauty09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Until I tried this eye makeup remover I was not a fan- every one a oily mess! And to tell you the truth I felt like they were just a waste of money. I'm completely satisfied with aveda's and its worth every dollar. The trick with this though is that there is not rubbing involved, but instead press the cotton pad/ball with the product on it to the eye area letting it do its magic by breaking the makeup down and it comes right off without being oily or drying!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by fifitrixiebelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pure comfort??!!! Hardly. Stings like crazy. The brilliance of this is astounding. An eye product that not only HURTS your eyes, but is called "pure comfort." Yet another terrible, yet always expensive, Aveda product. So foolish of me to purchase, but I was away from home w/o my trusty baby oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by babygirl95

This product has a tendency to sting my eyes. I think it's a little bit expensive. You really only get a little bit in the bottle. I love Aveda but I would not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by jancam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this product. Does what it's supposed to do and doesn't irritate my eyes or dry out the surrounding skin. I would definitely keep buying this except that it's a pain in the neck to always have to go to the stand-alone Aveda stores to find it. I wish Sephora carried Aveda products!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by PRYSTINE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I use it all the time and it does an excellent job. I use it with cotton rounds. It isn't harsh on the eyelids at all. I highly recommend it. It doesn't dry out your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Alyne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first eye makeup remover I've ever purchased because I'm finding as I get older I don't want to be rubbing and tugging at my eye area with my regular cleanser to remove my makeup. So, I don't have anything to compare it to, but it takes off all my shadow, mascara and eyeliner very well and quickly. It doesn't sting nor leave a residue on my hard contact lens, even when I use a q-tip to get the liner off. It doesn't have a scent. It's $15.00 for a 4.2 oz bottle. I'm happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2007 10:36:00 AM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this, but I found the Chamomile Gentle by the Body Shop to be a little more effective. I had been using the Clinique rinse off, but I think it was drying out my under eye area. This one is not bad, no silicones (a feat in itself for Aveda) and is a little more moisturizing than others that are out there. I want something gentle because I only use it to clean up what my cleanser left behind. (Using a remover first -- is just too much pulling on my eyes for me, so I use it after I cleanse). It's a little expensive, but the only other choices are either drying or have silicone and I don't want silicone in my eyes. But as I said, I think the Body Shop is better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2006 11:51:00 PM More reviews by shapinup

I have used this product and was very pleased with its quality. I especially like Aveda's committment in protecting the environment, no animal testing, and using natural plant extracts. I use a Water Resistant mascara and Paula Dorf's Transformer mixed with my Aveda shadow and this product removed my eyeliner and mascara without any problems. I'm not sure how this would work for someone using Waterproof mascara though. I liked this product as it did not smell like synthetic chemicals. When I decided to try another eye makeup remover found at my local drugstore, I was immediately repulsed by the chemically smell. This was my effort to save some money. Well, no more drugstore skincare for me. I'm going back to Aveda.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2006 12:48:00 AM More reviews by happy_blackbird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Though my hands down favorite eye makeup remover is Lancome's Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Make-up Remover, this is a very good runner up. It is also an oil/water mixture that easily wipes your mascara clean off without requiring tugging, pulling, or rubbing. I have fairly sesitive eyes, wear contacts, and have substantial lashes (or rather, I used to before breaking them to pieces with crummy eye makeup remover).

My one criticism is that when I was traveling with the screw top plastic bottle, it leaked and I lost most of the product into my overnight bag (which is a bummer when you pay 18 bucks for remover). I thought perhaps I hadn't tightened the top sufficiently, but sure enough, it happened again the next day. I've taken a lippie off for poor packaging construction.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2005 12:09:00 PM More reviews by MargaretD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this product in a swap and it removed makeup well enough and did not burn. However, I had to use a lot of product to get my eyemakeup off. I won't buy this product simply because I prefer Neutrogena and Mary Kay eye makeup remover.