October 1, 2014 | 1198 users online

Treatments (Face) - Almay - Repair & Rejuvenate Night Concentrate

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2005 9:00:00 AM More reviews by sooyoungkim

The most impressive thing I find about this product is its healing and moisturizing effects when my skin is traumatized. I got some Retin-A close to the corners of my mouth a couple of times, which basically burned and devasted the tissue there, and I tried EVERYTHING (from Vitamin E to Perricone Lip Plumper to Chanel Solution Destressante, you name it) to soothe the dryness and irritation and this is the only product that worked. It's very rich, but I didn't expect it to have the almost occlusive effect on what was effectively a wound caused by Retin-A, and was the only product that allowed me to get makeup and podwer to set while my skin was so irritated that it was almost an open wound. Amazing stuff.

I gave this a five-star review a couple of years ago... have strayed with various other products since (Stri-Vectin, Clarins MultiConfort, Hope in a Jar, Murad, Dior Model Lift) but I always have this around for emergencies. Like most of us on MUA I'm a little obsessed with the latest and most wonderful high-end moisturizers, but I think I'll stick with this when the jars of my various other purchases run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2005 11:26:00 PM More reviews by lacdouglas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely love it! I'm mid 40's, have combination skin, and use RR Night Concentrate both morning and night and don't find it too greasy, although I do let it dry for at least 10 minutes before I use makeup. My skin is sensitive and I have no problems with breakouts or other bad reactions with this product. Only better looking skin! I use it on my face, neck, upper chest, hands, and forearms. Great anti-aging product at a fantastic price. I'm hooked.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2004 10:58:00 AM More reviews by sharopooks

Mmm, this is a GREAT nightcream for the colder months(this is the one with kinetin). I see a visible difference every morning after using this, my combination skin looks and feels absolutely velvety and wonderful. Tiny lines are smoothed, surface seems flawless, yeay! I alternate between this (which is like a rich treat) and Clarins Normalizing Night Gel (which is like refreshing moisture). However, during the hotter months, this far too weighty. (Likewise, the Clarins Normalizing Night Gel isn't enough for cooler, drier months). But overall, I love this stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2004 9:21:00 PM More reviews by asiandiva

I am not crazy about this at well. It doesn't absorb to the skin. I touched my face more than a hour after I applied and my face was still sticky!!! I think maybe this is only good for people with extremely dry but that doesn't say on the package. I ended up using it as a hand cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2004 12:04:00 PM More reviews by tanjan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When using this product at night before I go to bed, I wake up to smoother skin. It doesn't say it on the box, but my pimples heal much faster (with minimal scarring!) after using this for a few months. Great stuff!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2003 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Blueness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Never Again Will I Ever Use ANYTHING With Kinetin.

This stuff burned the crap out of me and in the 3 consecutive nights I used it, my face was left raw, rough and with deep, painful cystic zits next to my mouth and random red patches everywhere else.
Did it rejuvenate? Nope. Did it repair? Hell no.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2003 6:23:00 PM More reviews by ruWOOOzy

Is this the one with kinetin? Sure. Okay, well that's the one I'm talking about. So I heard this faded acne scars, and I mine aren't bad, but they're just annoying to me. So I bought a sample and tried it for about a month. And well... it was okay. Just okay. I really liked the silky texture. I was disappointed because it didn't fade my scars, but my skin did seem smoother and more radiant, so I'll give it that. Good stuff, just didn't do what I wanted it to.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2003 3:57:00 PM More reviews by rwgirl2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am having better luck with the Kinetin Firming & Pore-refining Serum. The R&R cream was too heavy for my combo, clogged-pore-prone skin, it was too rich and i didnt tolerate it well, all my skin did was purge the product, gah. This product would be good for very dry w/small pores skin types, or very mature skin. I'm 30, i may try it again when i'm as old as my mom.. until then, the serum is my choice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2003 4:52:00 PM More reviews by eurydice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. Have been using this for 10 days & can definitely see and feel improvement in texture and tone. Strange thing, I've avoided Almay for years and the Kinetin range - not sure why - perhaps it looks a little generic? Oh well, here I stand converted. I have restructured my night routine around Repair/Rejuvenate and bought the neck creme two days ago (concession to turning 43 this week!). See how we go. UPDATE: I'm in awe. Superb results, my skin is now close to flawless. I'm off to buy the serum tomorrow. I keep peering into the mirror and asking myself, "Am I imagining this?" because I never thought a skin creme could deliver the way R&R has for me. I'm going to Japan next year and I am already worried I wont be able to find it there! I can already see the guys in customs opening my make-up bag and finding multiple boxes of this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2003 12:56:00 PM More reviews by clove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product actually evens out my skin tone like no other product has without irritation. One downfall is that it leaves a sticky feeling on your face, but since it's for night time use I don't mind given its great performance. The only reason I might stray from this product is because I'm thinking if this stuff is this good, Osmotics kinetin serum or Kinerase lotion might be even better.