August 21, 2014 | 1153 users online

Styling Products - Dove - Straight & Soft Sleek Styling Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 3:55:00 AM More reviews by MeliLacroix

I really hope this product is not discontinued, this worked even better than my Frederick Fekkai Glossing cream. It leave my hair soft, so soft infact that I don't even have to pass the straightening iron on this. I also love how this does not weigh down your hair which is the biggest perk! I just hope I can still find it . :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by totoro21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm reviewing this product called [DOVE Straight & Silky Leave-On Lotion] and I absolutely clueless why this product is not listed on makeupalley and i'm not allowed to write a review on a new product :/ Its in a beige bottle with hollow neck.

I absolutely love this product's longevity! I got this FEW YEARS back (can't remember how many years to be exact, around 3 I suppose?) and it was already opened then. Till now, the content inside still look, smell and feel the same! Perfect!

So yesterday I was having a really bad day. I accidentally used an expired Liese Juicy Shower and it left a really horrible, putrid raspberry smell on my hair. :(
In my pathetic attempt to cover up the smell, I used this [Leave-on lotion] and surprise surprise! Not only did it covered the smell perfectly, it smells great and MY HAIR SUDDENLY LOOK AWESOME!
Like really awesome!

I was never a fan of straight hair because I prefer a 'voluminous' look for my hair, so I was never bothered by my frisky hair (it gives a bit of volume to my otherwise flat hair). I love how it doesn't leave my hair looking like flat pins but instead, my hair just look TAMED. Like tamed with my natural waves. Its not greasy at all and it spreads really easily.

Just separate your hair into 2 or 3 sections
Rub a nickel-sized between two palms and clamp it down your hair with your palms. Repeat on other hair sections. Now run your fingers through your hair or comb your hair with a detangler.

I can't believe I underlook this product because I wasn't a fan of the smell (it really smells like typical Dove Shampoo and I was too lazy to use any hair styling/taming products other than shampoo)
Seriously, just buy one! You'll never regret it and you'll never know when you need it! Plus you can probably store this for a REALLY LONG TIME!
I stored mine for over 3 years and its still as good as new. PERFECT.
Its so awesome i'm never gonna go out without this ever again!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I bought this to pair with my Dove Shampoo and Conditioner. I am really not a fan of this product at all. If I put this in my hair, dry it, straighten it and go outside (in the rain especially) my hair looks worse than it would without any product in it. If its windy or any kind of moisture in the air it looks like I did nothing with my hair before I went out. So it doesn't keep my hair straight or soft, doesn't protect me from fly aways or frizz. I definitely won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I always go to Dove when I'm looking for extra moisture in a product I'm buying, from deoderant to hair products. Although they always work in keeping my skin and hair soft, that's all they accomplish. This was no exception. My sister gave me this after she permed her hair since she wouldn't be needing it anymore. It wasn't anything spectacular. It's creamy and moisturized very well, but didn't control frizz or protect my hair when using my flat iron. I ended up using this more as a leave in conditioner than a styling product, just so it didn't go to waste. I gave it one lippie just because it worked well to condition and made my hair soft.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by wrongwrongright

Eh, it didn't make my hair sleeker or straighter, but it did smell nice like all Dove products do. I'd pass on this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2007 11:04:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This did nothing good for my hair. I purchased it hoping it would smooth and protect my hair from blow drying heat. I didn't notice any improved softness or smoothing, and I think it's too light to provide enough protection against heat damage. The smell was pleasant & it wasn't sticky, but I really can't see or feel any difference so it's a bit wasteful.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2006 5:18:00 AM More reviews by bacterium_us

I've literally bought dozens of conditioners since I starting coloring my hair blue black. So far this and pantene's "extra liso" are ahead of the competition (I still need to try Dove's new products for darkened hair). Anyway, this product makes my hair soooo soft! I can't say it does much to increase the shine, but like another reviewer said, you usually have to choose between shine and softness. It doesn't leave my hair too dull though, so I will probably repurchase. One complaint? The price. I have very short hair and I still need to dispense a ton of the product to get the moisturization I want. At this pace I'll finish the tube in a week!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2006 4:28:00 PM More reviews by lilly10

This works pretty good I would say. Leaves my hair soft and shiny while allowing me to blow dry with ease. I think it works best if you only use a small amount and make sure you rub it together in the palms of your hands to "heat it up" prior to working it through your hair. So not bad but I am still in search of the "perfect" straightening balm.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2005 6:14:00 PM More reviews by shatteredshards

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not greasy - light, creamy, and absorbs quickly. I blow-dry, and though I still had some frizzies, my hair did feel somewhat soft (though a bit dry at the same time, how odd). Worked better for me than the Smooth & Soft anti-friz cream, but I still prefer Thermasilk.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2005 8:48:00 PM More reviews by chgoeditor

I frequently use products advertised as "straightening" when I simply want to de-frizz my curly hair and make it look more sleek when I pull it back into a ponytail and let it air dry. Unfortunately, Dove Straight & Soft Sleek Styling Cream completely fails at this mission...it left me with a lot of frizz, and I didn't think my hair felt soft. It takes me so long to actually blow dry and flat iron my hair straight, that I wouldn't even bother to try Dove Straight & Soft Sleek Styling Cream on my hair for straightening purposes...if it can't even de-frizz it when I'm air drying it, it definitely isn't going to work under extreme heat situations! I guess my curls are just a little too strong for Dove.