October 22, 2014 | 2065 users online

Mascara - Almay - Almay intense i-color brown topaz

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love the thick brush because it really volumizes my lashes. But the formula flakes like crazy!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think the packaging has changed from the photos shown here, but I got this brown mascara cuz I have blue eyes and I thought I'd give it a shot. First of all, you have to completely wipe the wand off with a tissue or on the back of your hand before applying. There is an unnecessary amount of product on this wand. It does apply nicely, even though the wand is huge (don't poke your eye) and gives my lashes a nice wash of color that is flattering. But here is the deal-killer --- it has GLITTER in it. You don't see it on the wand, but if you wipe it on your hand -- you will see flecks of glitter in this mascara and you'll see it on your cotton ball when you remove your eye makeup. I've had trouble with flaking with this mascara and I certainly wouldn't want glitter flakes in my eyes. Pass on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Gwenieeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, this product does clump. I however find it doesn't clump a ton, so I'm not bothered by it. This mascara makes my lashes look AMAZING! They look long and full. It doesn't flake or smudge very much, and my lashes last the whole day. Definitely worth a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by purplepianist

I've used this mascara a total of 2 times so far (I will update after a few weeks of use). While I don't love it I don't hate it either.

The Pros:
>The color is pretty dark for a brown mascara (it doesn't really enhance your eyes, but it does draw attention to them)
>It didn't flake and smudged very slightly on my lower lash line (Smudging happens to me with every mascara I have used)
>It provided a fair ammount of length and a bit of volume.
>Did not irritate my eyes

Cons:
>Spiderwebs/clumps lashes very easily (see my pictures w/blue writing above -excuse the pic with the lash gone wonky as I fixed it after I took the pictures lol)
>It's a wet and kind of gloppy formula, so it can be messy to apply
>The brush/packaging sucks when combined with the formula- too much mascara ends up on the wand and the silicone bristles at the end of the brush are so short they do not seperate the lashes (hence spiderwebbing of the inner corner lashes in my pics above. Now for a mini rant: I wish companies would make a silicone brush with the same size "bristles" the whole length of the brush -if they did that I'd love silicone brushes)

Overall it get's the job done, but you have to be VERY careful when applying or else you have a mess to clean up. I will keep looking for the perfect mascara for me, as this didn't even come close (I want a mascara that isn't too wet, does not clump easily, and can be put on without too much worry). I'm glad it was only 6 bucks at Wally World, even though it really isn't worth that much (I should have trusted my gut and bought Maybelline Full n' Soft instead, since the reviews sounded more like what I wanted in a mascara -next time I'll try it out).

Update 12/22/11- I really am not liking this mascara as it turns your lashes clumpy/spiderwebish very easily so the lippy rating is going down to 2 from 3 -you need to brush out your lashes with either a eye brush or old mascara wand after applying grrrrr. I'm the kind of girl that doesn't want to putz around putting on makeup -slap on and go is my makeup motto. If they'd improve the wand they included with the mascara with more "bristles", longer inner bristles, and a better brush deglopper (I like that term lol) this mascara would have been usable at least. I'll toss this after a couple of months (of torture since I'm a frugalista) and get a different mascara to try. The only things I really liked about the mascara were that it lengthened, was a pretty color, and it didn't flake all over my face though it did smudge slightly on my lower lash line. Overall not impressed at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by scatandpounce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

A little pricey, but I think it's worth it. I use Almay for all of my eye products. I bought this because I have blue eyes and the brown topaz is supposed to bring out blue eyes. I like a more natural look for makeup, I don't like it to be too obvious that I'm wearing it, and this does the trick! My eyelashes aren't very full or dark, but this brings them out just enough to make them a nice long length and darken them. will buy again when I run out

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by spookycupcake

Great color for green eyes

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2010 9:59:00 AM More reviews by iowagirl

CLUMPS. After 2 weeks of using this mascara I am struggling with clumps. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by KristenWalter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, im not sure if the name changed, but my colour is called "Chocolate" and its for green eyes. I Do not have green eyes, i have blue, but i always like brown mascara better than black so i bought this one instead! I Personally think this mascara is very good. It gets all the lashes evenly and does not clump for me at all. It adds a good amount of volume plus a good amount of length to leave a very elegant looking lash. I wear it all day long and do not notice too much of a "ive worn this mascara all day" look! ha! This mascara is currently my "go to" mascara.
Try it out, i got it for 5.00 plus a bonus eyeliner from target!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Bexxa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh. I have brown eyes - very dark brown eyes - so maybe it's a losing battle to ask for a mascara that can somehow liven up these babies. This doesn't do much for me, though it doesn't harm me, so I think it's a wash. Normally I buy black or blackest black mascaras, so I appreciate the chance to branch out a bit to a random brown...but I suspect I will end up back with some basic black something-or-other.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Mom2times

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my basic mascara. I own probably 10 different kinds, but this is the one i wear day to day. It is overall a good one....but I'm always looking for something better!