August 2, 2014 | 1549 users online

Cleansers - Decleor - Cleansing Milk

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Lushness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used most of the Decleor range but for some reason I've never bothered with the cleansing milk and toner which is unfortunate because clearly I've been missing out! I've been finding that both the extremes of the cold weather and then relaxing indoors with the central heating was playing havoc on my skin. Dry, flaky skin is not pleasant so I was anxious to find a solution, happily the cleansing milk did the trick because by the next morning my skin looked and felt so hydrated and soft and supple. A week later it's as if I never had any problems in the first place.

As for the product itself, the first thing I note when flipping open the lid is the rich texture of the milk, it is quite similar to System Corps (which is also divine!). But it's the smell which gets me every time I use it, it is beautiful and I look forward to using it every evening; it is a luxurious cleanser which has really amplified my routine. I spend a lot of time really massaging and working it into my skin and then I finish up with the matching toner.

This is a great product and I will most definitely re-purchase, my only slight grumble is the packaging which could be better as it will be tricky to get the remaining product out when it's near to the end.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by linkd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this, though I sometimes need to use a toner to feel clean if I have been using make-up. Anyways, I like the smell and it feels good on my skin.

I usually get the 400 ml size, at a good price, though, the only drawback is that the bottle is somewhat hard to handle ( once I dropped it, making a mess on at a hotel room- lesson: always do traveling sizes when, well, traveling).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Doesn't do a good job of cleansing and taking off my makeup at the end of the day. So I use it only in the morning when I wake up. It's not drying and very gentle. I can't say that I have seen any positive improvement (or any change, for that matter) in my skin since using it (and I'm on my 3rd bottle now), so I am sure there are many other cheaper products that will deliver the same gentle "cleansing" but yet I keep re-buying this. So if anyone has any comparably similar products to this, please let me know.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by sconzzy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really nice cleanser, does not leave an oily residue, cleans well. Will be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Vaniessa

i use this to cleanse all my make-up and sometimes just to wipe off the dirt after working-out. i have to admit that it doesn't remove ALL of my makeup but if you really massage it into your skin, it really cleans off the impurities really well! however, it does sting my eyes when i use this to remove my eye make-up. this is one of the best milk cleanser i've used on my acne problematic skin and will definitely continue if i can't find a better option :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Ferah

Undoubtedly, this is the best cleanser that I have ever used! It is so gentle and, unlike many other cleansers, it does not dry out my skin and make it feel tight after use.

I have combination/oily/acne-prone skin; my skin is a little oily across the T-Zone, ESPECIALLY on the nose, my upper cheeks are also a little oily, but most of my cheek area is normal/dry, and unfortunately, I'm prone to breakouts.

While I used to use cleansers that were designed for combination/oily/acne-prone skin types, after using them, my skin used to feel slightly dry and tight. Unlike those cleansers, however, Decleor's Cleansing Milk made my skin feel soft and comfortable, and at the same time, it does remove the excess oil that tends to appear on my T-Zone and very upper cheeks. It is very gentle and has the most pleasant floral scent. I usually apply it to dry skin but with damp hands, and massage it across my face for a minute or two, then rinse it off with two splashes of water (directions are to sweep it off with a damp cotton cloth). The key ingredients are lavender, petitgrain and mallow. The bottle is also very nicely designed.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2012 6:01:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

No! It does not even clean the slightest mineral powder inspite of its oily structure. Afterwards, you have to remove the excess oil and residue of make-up with lots of toner. Furthermore, the botlle is not easy to handle with, the product does not come out easily...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by lovie23

I had ran out of cleanser and deciding to try this. My skin is usually normal - dry(sometimes)
I loved this cleanser for the first five days, my skin was glowing after it and no dry patches, I wouldn't really suffer from break outs but it made my skin look really good.
However on the 6th day, I noticed tiny bumps under my skin. The next day, they had appeared and were now red!! eugh! My skin was also so so dry over these patches of pimples, especially in around my nose and chin.
I started using just water to clean my face and moved onto dermalogica ultracalming which helped soothe my skin. Along with this and allergy tablets, the pimples went away.
I had asked a few beauty therapists after this, who said Decleor products can be quite strong on young skin and sometimes the essential oils can be a bit much.
There are some great reviews on this and maybe this was just unlucky for me but I find it strange as I've never taken a reaction before or would be sensitive. Now it has left me with combination skin!
The packaging is hygenic and a little of the product goes a long way. I would recommend trying this before buying for at least a week! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by hutchings

Sigh...I always seem to figure out the worth of a product when I stop using it and switch to something else. Same with this. I've been using it for 5 months, and really liked it. So nice to use. Lovely...herbally?..scent that is perfectly subtle. Milky consistency that leaves my skin clean, but never ever dry or tight. I never wear foundation, so can't say it cleans everything off, but for my cleansing needs, it's just fine. Still, it feels as though a slight residue is left after I finish washing my face with this. I like to feel totally fresh after cleansing, so I switched to something else (Kiehl's Ultra Cleanser), and that was a mistake. Immediately my face became tight and problematic. I'm definetely buying the cleansing milk again because it works very well, but I just can't give it 5 lippies because I don't loooove it. Oh..and I wanna add the standard sized bottle has lasted about 5 months using 2-3 times a day, so I don't think the price is bad really.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by dennymc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG cleansing milk! Used this in my early 20's and as you do, tried other brands over the years, but since last summer have come back to Decleor.
The consistency is thinner than most cream cleansers. I usually use it in the mornings for a quick cleanse, smoothed over the face and massaged in for a couple of minutes, then removed with damp cotton pads. If I have worn makeup I will use in the evenings, it removes everything for me....eye makeup, mascara, foundation, no need for a seperate eye makeup remover. I will follow up with Decleor cleansing foam used with my Clarisonic(which is my usual night routine). Leaves me with beautifully cleansed and glowing skin.
The 400ml bottle seems to last forever too.