September 16, 2014 | 2024 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Colorstay 12-Hour Eyeshadow Quad "Coffee Bean"

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm probably a little late to the game in reviewing this, but ah well, such is life.

This is a decent little quad. I wouldn't say it's worth paying full price for it, but if you can find it on offer like I did, it's a decent deal. The colors include 3 cooler toned basically matte neutrals, and one warm bronzey shade with a touch of shimmer. It's a bit like the Naked Basics palette, with the taupe shade coming in only slightly cooler than the shade Naked 2 in Basics.

Texture is ok enough. The shadows don't blend as nicely as those in Naked Basics, but they also have less fallout because they are a bit more densely packed. You win some, you lose some I guess.

I'm highly skeptical that this quad would work for anyone with a deeper skin tone. The shadows aren't terribly pigmented and it might appear chalky.

Staying power is pretty good if used with a primer, a decent 6 hours of wear with minimal creasing on my super insanely oily lids.

I love this palette for travel because it is compact and can take me from a light day look to something slightly more dramatic for evening. Keep in mind, I am very pale, so it doesn't take a lot to create a dramatic look for me. If you're looking to play around with neutrals or cooler shades, this is a reasonable place to start. I'm not wowed by the quality, but it's certainly pretty decent.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 4:19:00 AM More reviews by lisa1703

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love-hate relationship with this quad. The colours are nice neutral browns and I like the second to last shadow the most and the first shadow for a nice natural highlight. But the last colour which is a dark brown has really bad colour pay off, but I guess it would be okay for my eyebrows but I don't even need to fill them in so its pretty much of no use to me along with the second shade which I never use as it would be way too light as a crease colour. It has it's pros and cons but I wouldn't repurchase as I have colours that are similar which have way better pigmentation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by decoydream

I use this quad everyday. It's so easy to apply (even when it's 6 in the morning, my eyes are half closed and i haven't turned the lights on) and the colours don't crease without primer (i wouldn't say it lasts for 12 hours... more like 6-7).

I have asian eyes with little/no eyelid so i just use the second lightest coour as a wash from the eyelashes to the eye socket. I then use a smaller brush with the darkest brown as eyeliner on top and bottom for a very subtle smokey effect.

The only colour i don't use is the coppery/red brown shade as it doesn't reall suit my colouring... but other than that, i've got nothing but love for this eyeshadow quad!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by elfodimontagna

I like it a lot, perfect color range for a neutral to dramatic look. kisses!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very beautiful neutral quad from this line. I have one in Copper Spice, which I liked but it dropped and the highlight color was smashed and made a mess.

I liked Copper Spice, but because it broke so easily that I never repurchased until recently. I got this one sale, and I must say that I like this one more than Copper Spice.

There is only one satiny/shimmery shade which is a reddish brown which does not have that chalky/glittery/lack or pigmentation mess that Drugstore Brands like to package which is nice.

I used this for work one morning instead of my UD Naked palette and this palette was surprisly easy to use, colour co-ordinated, pigmented and the lasting power was great (with the help of UDPP of course). There is an off white/cream shade that is not too white, a light taupe which is good for blending out colours or a highlight if youre darker and a really nice dark brown.

I really cant deal with the lack of pigmentation with drugstore e/s so I usually shy away and if I do buy them, I often wouldnt re-purchase.

I may not repurchase this one because I just have too many e/s altogether, but dont get me wrong, I definitely do recommend this quad and I may just pick up another set.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by hieppity

I received this as part of a gift with purchase promotion.

My skin is quite tanned, and I found that the two lightest colours did not show up on me at all. The white highlighter shade is chalky and not flattering in the least. The light 'lid' shade is okay but since you can't see it on my skin, kind of pointless. Both these shades are matt.

The third shade is a shimmery copper. This is my favourite shade out of the palette. It doesn't come up too shimmery, though, and needs a bit of build up before it shows, but you get there eventually. It's quite smooth and blendable, and I quite like it.

The last shade is supposed to be for your V and liner too, but it's just not dark enough on me and is kind of blah. It shows up, so pigmentation is okay, but it's nothing great.

I use a primer underneath the shadows, so it really is just an issue of pigmentation and product quality.

Wouldn't buy again since half the quad is useless to me. Might work better on fair-skinned lasses.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ocgirl007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was very bad for me, does not last even with primer....the top broke off...Iam done with Revlon...bye bye.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by deehippolyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is pure rubbish to me. Chalky, very little pigment....very disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Valla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If I can use this palette to create a neutral/subtle eye, anyone can. I find this great for doing an entire eye "look", as opposed to just one eye shadow as a wash of color. (Which is what I've graduated from). This palette made it easy.

I really like the combination of colors, and that the directions are on the bottom of the palette itself, not just on the outer packaging that gets thrown away.

I can't say anything about wear time, as I almost always use a base, but I always have to take this stuff off with makeup remover at the end of the night.

This is always in my makeup bag.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by mindgamesforever

hola ! buscando un conjunto de sombras para lograr unos ojos ahumados me encontre con estas sombras de revlon. tengo la piel grasa y si bien uso primer o corrector para fijar las sombras a veces necesito retocar mi make up a los apurones (esta mal ya lo se!)y no tengo tiempo para desmaquillar y volver a sombrear y el resultado no es muy favorable; es por eso que buscaba una sombra de buena duracion aporx 3/4 horas. sinceramente esta supero mis espectativas. los colores de esta paleta para mi pueden ir con todos los colores de ojos! pero destaco que a las de ojos marrones y verdes le puede resultar mas favorecedora. el esfumino que viene con la caja es practico, aunque para las sombras prefiero usar pinceles. como unica desventaja hay colores que en pieles oscuras se ven muy parecidos :/ pero bueno, el iluminador es muy util, y no da un efecto demasiado satinado algo que no me parece muy favorecedor! en argentina sale alrededorde $60 argentinos alrededor de u$s 15 y se consigue en parafarmacias/farmacias