July 28, 2014 | 2119 users online

Palettes - Smashbox - Tips of the Trade Holiday Color Kit

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2005 10:26:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

I am on autodelivery for this KIt. I absolutely love smashbox! Since the previous reviewer did a fabulous job describing the colors and items in this kit, i will skip that. THe quality of the items are all fantastic. you get fullsize products at a fraction of the retail price. The brush and browtech are almost the whole price of the kit. Brow tech is a staple for me. I am a brunette and love taupe for just a hint of color. the shadow duos are nicely pigmented and come in the small size single shadow pot, not the bigger sized duos. I am not a fan of the transparencies but everything else is excellent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2005 9:42:00 PM More reviews by KarenPie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a new edition of the wonderful 11-pc. tips of the trade kit that QVC had before. They did a new version for the holiday (A08227), which has the same wonderful brow tech (choice of color, I got taupe - it is color powder, and clear wax) with excellent brow brush, the same lash primer and focal point black mascara (and, I had become so attached to these from the previous kit I would have bought it all over again) but they added new color pieces for lips and eyes. New stuff includes an eye shadow duo called feature; they say it's a nutmeg and a shimmery brown rose; this is true and is probably nice if you like warm tones, which I don't so much. The other eye shadow duo is called focus and they call it a shimmery pale goldtone/shimmery olive green. This is a good description here too, and it's the cool duo. I LOVE IT. One of my favorite duos ever, of any brand. The shade of green is really just exactly what I wanted - sort of khaki, but less browned out then some, more true green. Then, there's a new lip gloss in shine, they call it a shimmery rosy bronze. I like it but it's a tad dark and brown for me. But I will wear it on top of light lipsticks to tone them down. Then there's another lip gloss, this one called glow, described as a deep coral spice. I think I'd say peach spice, and it's not really deep as in dark, just a rich peach. Like it a lot! Then there's a lipstick called tone, they say it's a warm rose. I don't see it as warm per se. It works fine for cool-toned me. It's a nice pinkish red color and is moist and quite transparent. I like it too. There's a lip pencil in a shade called frame, they say a rosy nutmeg. Tried it and it's ok but I'm not a lip pencil person really. Oh, and one more thing, a new shade of transparency (their mousse product for cheeks-lips-eyes) and it's called expose, and they say it is a bronze. It's beautiful, a goldish bronze,which I don't like so much for cheek but I like it as an eye color. This comes with snap-together cosmetic bags, the same as in the previous
kit. Okay, this is a lot of product, right? And, the cost was $43.98. Plus tax and shipping. The Smashbox kits that QVC has - even ones like this that aren't a TSV - are a remarkable amount of product for the money. All these items I've mentioned are full-sized! It's amazing. I am very happy.