November 22, 2014 | 1943 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Colorstay 12-Hour Eyeshadow Quad "Neutral Khakis"

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am writing this review as a reminder for myself to never buy this product again. I purchased 3 of these, thinking this was the quad I used to love. WRONG!! It was Spring Moss that I used to Love and now I am stuck with 3 of these. Oh well I can give the 2 sealed ones to the charity shop. I have blue/green eyes and this just dulls them out. There is an light beige shade, camel brown shade, an olive shade and a deep brown shade. The deep brown is the most pigmented. But due the lack of pigment, this shadow quad just looks like muddy brown mess on me. Even though I use all the 4 colors, my eyelid looks like taupe. It is just boring. This is what I get when I try to save. I am gonna go now and buy the teal and golden lemon pigments. Atleast I get some color pay off. Id recommend this for someone who likes neutrals. I always feel more like me when I look like a canary bird.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by kmciolli

This is a very nice, neutral eye palate for those who love a more natural, nude eyeshadow look. I bought this because no matter how many crazy/funky eyeshadows I may buy, in the end I always feel the most comfortable with a nice shimmery gold, brown or khaki shadow. I think this is really pretty on brown or hazel eyes, and on a person with warm undertones to their skin.

The first shade is a light, champagne-y highlighter color, which is absolutely perfect to emphasize the brow bone. The second color is a pretty, shimmery golden. This and the top color are the colors I use the most in this palate.

The third shade is the khaki. It is a little dark, but pretty when blended in with the shimmery brown. The last color is the color I have used the least so far. It's kind of a deep plum, and works best as a liner than an all-over shadow.

The colors have lasting power, but work even better when layered with a primer. Primer will also help the colors look more vibrant.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by pinktutupuggy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best $15 I ever spent and have repurchased again and again! A friend gave me this in 2005 and i got hooked on it ever since. At first I thought it was boring, being a fan of fun flashy makeup, but I was wrong. This make up is my serious business makeup. At work, I only need my fingers to apply it and once done, I don't need to check my mirror again. I never use primer, and this lasts 9-10 hours on me and no crease at all. The only thing I notice when I get home from work is the slight color fade. I also bought "blushed wines" for a natural look (great for weddings) :)

I have brown skin and eyes, and the lovely green and browns accentuates my eyes. I use the 2nd lightest shade all over my lid almost up to the brow, then the green from the center of the eye blending out, then the darkest shade as my liner (I darken my outer V for an evening look), then the last one is the lightest shade for the browbone. Really great for brown skinned Asian women like me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by lipstik

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great color combo, amazing staying power (use a primer or concealer as a base), beautiful, blendable shadows. Really brings out my eye color. Will continue to re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by MSFIT75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The staying power is definitely there but the colors do nothing for my skin. Just blah overall, the darkest brown seems dull, the highlight doesn't blend well on my skintone. Too much shine in the bronze. I'll use it up but will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this quad! Every color is just so gorgeous against my light brown eyes...especially the green "khaki" color. As other reviews have noted, these are not super pigmented, like Urban decay, but certainly pigmented enough to create many stunningly beautiful looks. They go on smooth, are easy to blend, and last ALL day long...on me anyway. By using a primer first these colors POP and look great for day or evening. The combinations are endless! For day I like to use the goldish (2nd from the top) on the inner half of my lid, the green (3rd down) on the outer half of the lid, the brown (bottom color) blended in the crease and slightly above, and the lightest color for a highlight just under my brow. For evening: I use the green all over the lid, brown in the crease and outer V, and the top color (lightest) as a highlight and on the tear duct. Then I'll take the brown or green and line under the bottom lashes. Both looks are gorgeous but not overly made up looking.. like I tend to get with highly pigmented e/s's. You can use a light or heavy hand with these depending on the look you're after. I also have the blushed wines pallete and I LOVE that one too! But this neutral khakis is my favorite! Not too shimmery but not too matte either. Just right for maturing eyes...and young ones, too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like using the 3 neutral colors in this quad for an understated contoured eye. I use the gold color all over the lid. The color payoff is not very good with the gold and the texture is coarse. There is also quite a bit of fallout. It's definitely the poorest quality shadow in the quad. I use the brown color in the crease. It's the perfect crease contour color. I think the slight plum tones in the brown help to create the look of an actual shadow in the crease. Then I use the vanilla color to highlight the brow bones and inner corner of the eyes. I'll sometimes use the green as the lid color when doing a green smokey eye. The vanilla and green colors are ok, but nothing to write home about. Overall, the shadows are pretty decent for the price, but the packaging is really flimsy. I have 2 of these quads and the case broke on both of them soon after purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by afmn87

Love this quad for daily use. The colours are quite pigmented so go on really ncie and smooth on my tan skin. Also I have really oily kin and usually my eye shadow gets creasy by mid day 9thanks to humid weather as well where ilive) but with this my eye make up still looks good by EOD. the brushes are also not that bad ( i still use a blending blush to contour however)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by melanie2010

Overall I really like this eyeshadow. Bad things: A tad pricey, and the packaging looks kinda cheap BUT they give you two good eyeshadow small brush things.
My eyes are hazelly, and the colours are PERFECT with them. I used the greeny colour daily, and usually one or both of the lighter colours nearer my eyebrows. Ofcourse the colours would suit differently different people lol but for my eyes they're perfect.
No irritation. I don't really agree with 12hr stay - they do need a primer or something underneath for staying power.
W/o a primer under, the shadow eventually goes to the crease. It still lasts way longer than all my other e/s though (including the horrendous crease lover Estee Lauder >:[), but with walking up a hill and getting decently warm, definantly budges by the time I'm up the hill.
With primer, lasts a good few hours.
Sedentary day, with primer, I reckon it could go 12hrs. I never wear it for 12 hrs though, but I've done 8 a few times and was pretty much still there.
A very good quad =)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by aggiemaye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got two of these eyeshadows, one of them in Blushed Wines, and the other in Neutral Khakis. The Khakis have a very light beige colour, a medium gold/brassy colour, a khaki with a bit of shimmer, and a warm chocolate brown. I do like the fact that these shadows are not too shimmery. The colours are nice, but to be completely honest nothing spectacular- though they are nice for everyday.
The shadows glide nicely, but they could be more blendable- but then for the price it's really not bad at all. I know some people had trouble with making the colours show up on the lids, but I didn't have a problem with that - they are quite pigmented in my opinion, and they showed up well on my pale skin (NC15), but not so well on my friend who tried it (she's an NC35). Also, these shades may not look so good on people with fair PINK toned skin.
The packaging is average- I like the fact it's plain, but it's not to everybody's like . I do not use the applicators which come with it, so have no idea how useful they are.
Overall, they are good everyday shadows, don't crease, last reasonably long and are affordable. I won't repurchase only because some other shades look nicer with my skin tone.