November 28, 2014 | 1257 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - TruBlend Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by makeupSAVi

OKAY. LISTEN UP! If you have acne or have break outs, DO NOT buy this product! I started using this and with in a 2 day span started noticing random breakouts that I have never gotten before with any product I have ever used. It says will not clog pores but that is a LIE because it not only clogs pores but it also adds more bumps. Please just take my word for it and don't buy this product if you aren't ready for the BREAK OUTS!!! There are plenty of other drugstore products that will not break you out and will probubly last longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by JillianRoseF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This powder is just O.K. & that is all! If you have very dry skin, beware. This powder is extremely drying and emphasizes dry patches extremely. I looks good when first applied (I found the puff it comes with is actually the best way to apply it), but quickly fades and creases. The packaging is pretty and it is fairly cheap but don't waste your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by 12601834

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder emphasised every little dry part of my face and made it look terrible. I usually use Rimmel Stay Matte & it's far superior, plus better value for money. I only tried this as it gets great reviews by Paula Begoun (cosmetics cop) & is oil free, unlike the Rimmel powder - but I'll be sticking to it anyway.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Alyseh

BROKE ME OUT IN TINY LITTLE BUMPS EVERYWHERE!
It took me ages to get rid of them and there still here till this day and I haven't used this product in like 1 year!! It was good at the time I was using it then it just broke me out, not fun!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Brootneexo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hello orangey shading. Goodbye wasted money. Never again. No no no.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by helster83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The color is nice (has a sheen to it), but it doesn't seem to do a good job at keeping my oily skin at bay during the day. I think I need something a bit more matte.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by molatrice1

This product made my skin more oily! I had to keep reapplying it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by jennc91

I've been using the translucent sable pressed powder since I was 15 and the only pressed powder I've used. For a drug-store brand it works just fine. Then again is is the only pressed powder I've ever used so I learned how to work with it. Whenever people try to apply it it looks streaky and really dark so there is a special technique I always use. People would never guess I wear face powder since it blends so well into my fair skin tone. It claims to be a mineral powder but I would like to find one that works like this one on me without having Talc as an ingredient. I've heard drug-store brands that claim to be mineral is practically false advertisement so I am on the search for a trust worthy name brand MINERAL pressed powder since I hate loose powders.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Makeuplover1110

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Horrible. Waste of $$$! This is a drugstore product so I was not expecting it to be comparable to something like Benefit but this was a complete disaster. It didn't apply evenly and when I had it on I felt like I had a tight mask on my face. Honestly IMO face products are something you need to buy high end...Its worth the splurge. I had to return this powder.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have extremely sensitive skin, almost to the point of being annoying. I have had allergic reactions (mainly itching) to make-up remover wipes, eye shadow, foundations, moisturizers, facial cleansers etc. But never to a powder, until now.

I ran out of my Rimmel pressed powder, and on a whim, decided to buy this instead. I never used a mineral powder before. I should also probably mention that I did not use this with the Tru Match foundation.

Over the last few weeks, I noticed my face has been itching a lot more than usual. At first, I thought it was my facial cleanser, but I tried a couple different kinds and still itched. I usually wash my face in the shower, but this morning, I decided not to use any kind of facial cleanser. I still itched. That is when I finally realized that it probably was not my facial cleanser that was making me itch, it was this powder. I bought another compact of my Rimmel powder this morning.

But even if I was not allergic to it, I do not think I would purchase this product again. I bought the transparent medium. It was a good match to my skin, but it did not really set my foundation and rubs off really easy. I also think that the sponge that comes with this product is not the best either. It is so flimsy. I also found it really hard to apply without looking overly powder. I'm sticking with my Rimmel powder. I used that for a long time with no problem.