April 21, 2014 | 1828 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - TruBlend Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Alyseh

BROKE ME OUT IN TINY LITTLE BUMPS EVERYWHERE!
It took me ages to get rid of them and there still here till this day and I haven't used this product in like 1 year!! It was good at the time I was using it then it just broke me out, not fun!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by anndiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this powder a lot, and I'm picky about powders. CG tends to make the best pressed powders IMHO, for oily skinned gals like myself. I wear this over my Trublend liquid most days, but on hot summer days, this works as a powder foundation, because it has a little coverage and is so silky smooth looking. The shades go on lighter than they appear, and for once, I found a powder that doesn't oxidize on my super oily skin (yay). I use Trublend in #420, and am using the powder in Translucent Medium. I like that this is a nice neutral shade, not too peachy or pink. I actually replace the puff that comes with it, with the regular CG puffs that you can buy seperately or that come in the Clean powders. The puff that comes with it is too thin and stiff, and applies too much product at one time. I find the oil control about as good as I have gotten with other powders I have tried (there is only so much a powder can do against overactive sebaceous glands). I like that this keeps my makeup looking fresh by the end of the day, and never gets cakey/patchy. CG really knocked it outta the park with their Trublend line!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Brootneexo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hello orangey shading. Goodbye wasted money. Never again. No no no.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by helster83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The color is nice (has a sheen to it), but it doesn't seem to do a good job at keeping my oily skin at bay during the day. I think I need something a bit more matte.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by molatrice1

This product made my skin more oily! I had to keep reapplying it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by jennc91

I've been using the translucent sable pressed powder since I was 15 and the only pressed powder I've used. For a drug-store brand it works just fine. Then again is is the only pressed powder I've ever used so I learned how to work with it. Whenever people try to apply it it looks streaky and really dark so there is a special technique I always use. People would never guess I wear face powder since it blends so well into my fair skin tone. It claims to be a mineral powder but I would like to find one that works like this one on me without having Talc as an ingredient. I've heard drug-store brands that claim to be mineral is practically false advertisement so I am on the search for a trust worthy name brand MINERAL pressed powder since I hate loose powders.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Makeuplover1110

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Horrible. Waste of $$$! This is a drugstore product so I was not expecting it to be comparable to something like Benefit but this was a complete disaster. It didn't apply evenly and when I had it on I felt like I had a tight mask on my face. Honestly IMO face products are something you need to buy high end...Its worth the splurge. I had to return this powder.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have extremely sensitive skin, almost to the point of being annoying. I have had allergic reactions (mainly itching) to make-up remover wipes, eye shadow, foundations, moisturizers, facial cleansers etc. But never to a powder, until now.

I ran out of my Rimmel pressed powder, and on a whim, decided to buy this instead. I never used a mineral powder before. I should also probably mention that I did not use this with the Tru Match foundation.

Over the last few weeks, I noticed my face has been itching a lot more than usual. At first, I thought it was my facial cleanser, but I tried a couple different kinds and still itched. I usually wash my face in the shower, but this morning, I decided not to use any kind of facial cleanser. I still itched. That is when I finally realized that it probably was not my facial cleanser that was making me itch, it was this powder. I bought another compact of my Rimmel powder this morning.

But even if I was not allergic to it, I do not think I would purchase this product again. I bought the transparent medium. It was a good match to my skin, but it did not really set my foundation and rubs off really easy. I also think that the sponge that comes with this product is not the best either. It is so flimsy. I also found it really hard to apply without looking overly powder. I'm sticking with my Rimmel powder. I used that for a long time with no problem.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by elizaturner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't even know what to say about this product... It kind of sucks. The powder is really hard, it seriously feels like a rock so it's really hard to get on the brush. It's not smooth at all. It doesn't keep you matte either.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by JL06451

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't decide what I think of this powder. Sometimes when I use it, I think my skin looks fabulous - other times, I think it cakes up within seconds. It is very blendable and feels lightweight, for the most part. I would probably buy it again. I'm still on the lookout for a powder that can do everything I want it to...

*** 1/7/13 - EDIT ***
This breaks me out in big, gross, deep pimples. Booooo! I gave it 1 lippie because it did look good on my skin on a few occasions - so maybe it'd work well for someone else. I gave it to my daughter - hopefully it doesn't have horrible effects on her face. :\