Sally Hansen Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Color

3.9

on 1/21/2015 8:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use the Diamond Strength polish in the color "Wedding Crasher." It's a glittery purple shade. I use NutraNail Iron Strength as a base and top coat.
The polish applies quite easily, the texture is the perfect consistency. The color look the same on the nails as it did in the bottle which was a relief. However it took 3 coats to get it to completely cover the white tips of my nails. I normally just need 2 coats with other polishes. Because I had to use 3 coats it took a bit longer to dry which was annoying. It took about a week for the polish to actually chip. But I have $2 nail polishes that last a week too before chipping. I was a bit disappointed that it chipped so early. My favorite polish from Estee Lauder lasted 11 days before chipping (though that one is $25, I guess you get what you pay for.)
Overall, it's a nice color and an average quality polish. Will probably buy more.

on 11/15/2013 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in Brilliant Blush and I have only worn it for one day and I LOVE IT. I'm never really a nude nail polish person because I love wearing fun colors on my nails but I'm working now and needed something subtle and polished for office.

It does apply thinner than regular nail polishes from China Glaze, OPI, Essie or ORLY in general, but I only needed something subtle and nude for work so 2 coats would do for me for this particular color. Of course I could always just get away with full coverage on the nails with 3 coats. I like the consistency is pretty smooth and dries down fairly fast.

I used the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails hardener as a base coat because I find that my nail polish lasts a lot longer with this as a base coat. And then 2 coats and finished it off with my Poshe top coat. I can't tell whether there's chips or not yet but I will edit this review after a while.

Briliant Blush would be a better topper instead of wearing it alone IMO as my nail bed could still be seen with 2 coats and I think it would look extremely pretty over red or pink nail polishes because it does have red and pink micro glitters/shimmers in it.

Would repurchase for now, but my review might change after a week. So we shall see....

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I purchased this product on a whim because I was looking for a subtle color I could wear on my fingers. I purchased "Love Bug (280)" and I applied with both a base (OPI) and top coat (Sally Hansen Insta Dri). It did not cover well as I had to apply two heavy coats to reduce the "patchy" appearance. The polish looked great for the first few days and really sparkled, but by the third day, even with a top coat, it was already chipped. By day 6, it was horrible and almost completely chipped off some of my nails. I would not repurchase this. I get 7+ days from my $2 polish with the same base and top coat. I can buy much cheaper polishes with better results.

on 5/26/2013 6:01:00 PM

I bought this product because I had hopes that it would stay true to the bottle, which it did. (Garter Toss) The color is very rich and somehow subtle, I love it. The consistency however is very clumpy and hard to work with. I had to re-apply three times to get it right, I applied two coats (somewhat heavy) and gave it four hours to dry and it still smudged, something wasn't right. I've at last done the "cool water trick" and it seems to be drying some-what faster after re-applying two light coats (which still have the color looking great) and I put a dull shimmer as a top coat on it and it looks great for now.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

The colors for this brand of polish are amazing. I can say that the color stays true and it shines like no other. However, I find that my nail polish chips the first day even with a top coat. I've tried it with the diamond top coat/base coat, the hard as nails base coat, the salon complete base coat and the Salon top coat, and by itself. Basically, all combinations of multiple Sally Hansen base & top coats. It doesn't matter what I do, my nails look terrible on day 2. But, sometimes, it actually chips within 1 hour of applying it. I am fully aware that it is caused my job, which requires heavy typing on my computer. I suppose the nail polish would last if I didn't type at all. But, that is definitely not realistic.

on 12/31/2012 7:22:00 PM

Mixed feelings on this!
I own 'Black Diamonds' and 'Wedding Crashers'

Pros: Pretty great shades!
Dries fairy fast, although I use the cold water trick.

Cons: Chips easily
It's nearly impossible to remove!!
The brush is huge (although my nails are small)
The brush picks up way too much product!!'

on 9/24/2012 7:23:00 PM

I have this product in several colors and absolutely love it. Two coats is enough, and I find the colors to be true to the bottle. I wait tables and work with a register, and even without a top coat it takes several days to start showing wear. It's amazing for the price.

on 9/17/2012 9:34:00 PM

This is going to be a weird review. :) I feel like the company doesn't understand what this product is good for, or something. The sheer colours are great for short nails or a quick touchup over a pedicure that's not quite passing muster any more. But I HAVE to use a topcoat if I want it to last. Diamond Strength my foot. It wears right off in a way I've never seen from most other polishes. Still, some of the colours are sweet, the price is right, and as I said, it has its uses. I have quite a few of these. They just don't quite work as advertised.

on 8/8/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in Something Blue. It seems to be lasting on my toes but it chipped like nobody's business after one day... and what was left, was extremely difficult to remove! Great palest blue shimmer with tiny electric blue metallic confetti. Love the shade, hate the finish and poor lasting power.

on 6/7/2012 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I applied 'Diamonds & Rubies' right before a cleaning spree. It took them two days to barely chip after being soaked in dish water and mop water repeatedly. It dries faster than my OPI and has a really nice shine. Plus they sell it at the Dollar Tree, so I can get new colors even on a tight budget. Will defiantly buy again:)

Popular Polishes