Maybelline Instant Age Rewind foundation

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (4.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Polyglycerol 4 Isostearate, Talc, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Tribehenin, Dimethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Laureth 4, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Diazolidiny Urea, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Propylparaben, Silk Powder, Retinyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caffeine, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Alcohol Denat, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

on 2/26/2015 8:46:00 PM

Ignore the marketing: this can work for any age. I'll be 27 soon and decided it was time to upgrade from BB Creams and tinted moisturizers. I wanted more coverage for some redness, darker freckles, and some new smile lines. Also, I have extremely sensitive eyes and needed something that wouldn't run. I got this in Classic Ivory, and I'm glad I did. (For reference, I have normal to combo skin and rarely breakout.) I apply it with either my beauty sponge or a finger over my Trader Joe's Antioxidant Serum, which works like a primer.

Here's what I like:
-Best color match I've ever had (I'm fair, but I think I have yellow and pink undertones!). Does not look too light, too dark, or orange as some CC creams have for me.
-Gives medium coverage.
-Looks natural and not cakey.
-Looks dewy but not oily.
-I don't need it on my whole face. Some days I use it like a concealer over a tinted moisturizer.
-Stays in place and does not irritate my eyes.

Cons:
-There is definitely a noticeable smell but it fades quickly.
-Bottle with no pump is wasteful. I shake it and dab my finger around the edges. Luckily, a little dab goes a long way.

Definitely recommend!

this foundation is really nice i think this foundation doesnt get much attention because it is labeled as an age rewind product which may cause some young people to look away from it the packaging is alright but it lacks a pump which is a hastle but the formula is great so this foundation is medium buildable coverage and has a nice luminous finish with out looking too dewy it definitely is a very healthy look and you look very awake the shade selection isnt the best and it does oxidize a little but this foundations great if you put a lot on it feels quite tacky so id recommend powder but otherwise its fine unlesss you have oily skin there is a little shimmer in this but it isnt at all noticible unless you look for it

on 2/19/2014 7:16:00 PM

Pros-
-firming effects on skin
-hydrating, not drying like mineral foundations tend to be
-makes skin look even and beautiful immediately
-the go-to foundation if you are tired looking
-perfect tones for my skin

Cons-
-turns orange once dried
-Takes forever to dry and set
-looks greasey after only an hour or two of use
-looks greasey in photos regardless of wear
-doesn't wear at all (seriously, like an hour and it looks haggard)

on 11/5/2013 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Okay, to make this simple, I'll give a little background on my skin. Sensitive, dehydrated, acne prone. I'm only 21, so wrinkles aren't a problem, I don't have terrible skin, but I still wanted to try out something heavy for that "flawless" look. I'll just list the pro's and cons.

Pros:
Decent Color Match

Cons:
Broke me out
Mask like
Transfers like a mofo
Expensive for a ds foundation
Unsanitary applicator sponge (seriously, what is that shet??)

on 10/4/2013 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I personally love this foundation because:
- great coverage
- doesn't break me out (surprisingly)
- affordable price
- easy to find

Cons:
- Strong chemical smell :(

This is the only foundation I've tried that doesn't break me out. So i really really love this and definitely will recommend to anyone.

on 5/24/2013 8:16:00 PM

This foundation will give you a dewy/glowy finish but still looking natural and with a medium buildable coverage. IF you have an oily face I DO NOT recommend this foundation because it will look oily. I apply it with my elf powder brush and looks great on me. I have normal skin but i do get oily around my t zone. I use this as an everyday foundation . I have no fine lines but still this product makes me skin feel so smooth. I really like it because it feels like it covers and at the same time so lightweight. To control oil i would recommend topping it with a good matte powder. I use Maybelline Staypure ,but Im on the look for a better powder.

on 5/1/2013 10:03:00 PM

The key to using this makeup is to put a light application of SPF 15 Olay lotion on first. Then put a little in the palm of one hand and lightly apply to your face. You don't need a lot! This makeup has moderate coverage and will even out your complexion and look good all day. It is great because it does not settle into any fine lines under your eyes (if you have them!) Great for any age, but especially middle-age. The key of course is to match the color to your face color and to apply lightly. I have been wearing this make-up for over 10 years, nothing else comes close, even more expensive brands.

on 4/13/2013 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This was my go to foundation for years since I was a teenager. The coverage is medium and the lasting power is pretty good. I think this is a great drugstore foundation and good value for money. There are quite a few different shades which is a plus too.

I got this foundation at my local drugstore and it was about 8-10 dollars. I did not get this for the aging part I just decided to try it because I heard good reviews about it. It is medium coverage but the only problem with my skin is redness. I have no breakouts. Ihave combination skin and this made my face oily without powder. With powder I was a little oily at the end of the day. Other than that I love the coverage and it's very blendable.

on 1/30/2013 1:52:00 AM

I purchased this product because of the commercials claiming it looks great and the anti-aging properties, as well as the sunscreen. It was the biggest disappointment ever in make-up purchasing. I have so much make-up that I don't use because it is horrible when I get it home and the stores will not take returns on opened product. Now I have one more, the worst of them all, to add to my collection. This product feels like I have bathed my face in baby oil. It rubs off so easily. What a joke. I don't know how this got positive reviews from anyone. I want a refund. I think I will go back to purchasing product that is more expensive..the kind you can try before you buy. It's worth it. Also, it is returnable if I am disappointed when I get it home. It's worth the extra expense to have something I will use than to have more unused product that I wasted money on.